DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, are you qualified to make such a statement ? I mean, have you been involved in both competitions and if so, for how long ? I've been involved in both for 30 years, and I can tell you this, you are wrong about the DVCA. It is a way stronger comp than the HDCA ( more senior and junior teams to start with ) and the grounds are of better quality as well. The DVCA will never fall over, unlike the HDCA which has now gone forever.
Which competition do you represent again ? I'm tipping HDCA, so why dont you go back to your board and fight amongst yourselves over there.
hey buddy i'm guessing your now a DVCA man but 1st of all you don't have to be involved with both comps for 30 years to know whats going on. DVCA is a comp that has reached its peak and whats to come in the future will be more interesting to see if there will be any more clubs coming towards this comp after Rosanna because i can see the end near for clubs coming from HDCAor NMCA to the DVCA. As for the HDCA we're pretty clear of what's happening on our side of the table but as for your Comp as i said i played my early part of my career in that comp but didn't stick around for long and you know what goes up must come down. You've picked up 3 or 4 clubs in the last 10 years from HDCA and NMCA and i think that trend will probably diminish in the future and that the opposite could happen. We'll have to wait and see but I reckon all it would take is for 2 to 3 Barclay shield teams to make the switch across town to a different comp and DVCA will start talking about a full Merger with the area. Wait and see happens. As for your superiority in juniors and senior teams in your comp that could soon be rivalled up by another comp in the not to distant future. Watchout DVCA. Strange things happen in Cricket

The facts are there DJ, whilst you're saying the DVCA are at their peak, teams are still wanting to come to the DVCA, not leave. Over the last 10years, how many clubs have either joined or asked to join? How many have left to go to other comps? There's a good reason for that. The DVCA is a well run, very financial, very strong, very fair even comp with the best players on display. Throw in the best grounds and facilities and you have a powerful organisation. Whilst I'm not saying that HDCA or NMCA don't possess some of these qualities, the DVCA just do it better. And with the antics of you and your muppet friends continually coming to our thread to comment, we clearly have better blokes.

The facts are there DJ, whilst you're saying the DVCA are at their peak, teams are still wanting to come to the DVCA, not leave. Over the last 10years, how many clubs have either joined or asked to join? How many have left to go to other comps? There's a good reason for that. The DVCA is a well run, very financial, very strong, very fair even comp with the best players on display. Throw in the best grounds and facilities and you have a powerful organisation. Whilst I'm not saying that HDCA or NMCA don't possess some of these qualities, the DVCA just do it better. And with the antics of you and your muppet friends continually coming to our thread to comment, we clearly have better blokes.
I didn't deny what you gained over the years thats all well but things change just like the HDCA did it couldn't function as it is because of differences between the standards of cricket played between the clubs. From my understanding DVCA has been the bigger Comp out of the 3 for years but that doesn't mean it cannot be rivalled. Before hand i very well knew that DVCA used to handle clubs coming into the comp a little better than they do now and that Comps have to adapt to changes like the HDCA will but not in its form. This could also soon abrubt over the DVCA too. A perfect example was ECA who have lost 10-15 clubs over the last 10 years towards the Box Hill reporter and the trend is continuing. This is because ECA fills a big area and most think that it will always be a huge comp. But slowly every club that starts to make the move the comp shrinks. Travel can be a factor for some clubs and also the potential of going a new direction which could lead to a fresh start in a new comp which could be equal for standard. You won't realise it until it actually happens.

There's nothing factual about your argument in relation to the DVCA. What do you have to support your comments about the DVCA diminishing ? I'm tipping a big fat ZERO.

There's nothing factual about your argument in relation to the DVCA. What do you have to support your comments about the DVCA diminishing ? I'm tipping a big fat ZERO.
If you read the post properly you birdbrained lunatic you would have seen i wasn't trying state the facts i was saying what could and most likely happen with a Rival comp to DVCA and i'm guessing you could be from 1 of the clubs that made the move to the DVCA. Why are you so agitated about what's getting said. Is it because you would hate to see the HDCA clubs doing well in a different comp or have taken a different direction which is not related to the DVCA. We accept the fact that Rosanna have made the switch but doesn't mean all other big or HDCA clubs will and the Fact is now they will survive and will be very well off in the Future without any assistance from the DVCA.
Good Luck to your Club and Your Comp for the FUTURE

Ever since Macleod moved from the HDCA to the DVCA all they have done is diminish. Same thing happened to Greensborough when they moved. Fact
The problem with you blokes in the DVCA is your stuck in your old ways and think everything you do is right. I'm sure if you were more open to change then you would have more clubs wanting to join your competition. This might be what DJ Yallah was talking about when another option may arise for DVCA clubs who might not be happy with the way it is currently run.

Ever since Macleod moved from the HDCA to the DVCA all they have done is diminish. Same thing happened to Greensborough when they moved. Fact
The problem with you blokes in the DVCA is your stuck in your old ways and think everything you do is right. I'm sure if you were more open to change then you would have more clubs wanting to join your competition. This might be what DJ Yallah was talking about when another option may arise for DVCA clubs who might not be happy with the way it is currently run.
Not denying that Macleod has lost sides over the years. Tell me one club in the district who hasn't ? And perhaps us members of the dvca are content with the way it currently is. Ever considered that we don't want change ? And dj yallah, please phuck off back to your forum unless you have something decent to say about the dvca. Remember what forum you are posting in before you start insulting people. You are giving the hdca a bad name with half of the shit you are coming up with.

Not denying that Macleod has lost sides over the years. Tell me one club in the district who hasn't ? And perhaps us members of the dvca are content with the way it currently is. Ever considered that we don't want change ? And dj yallah, please phuck off back to your forum unless you have something decent to say about the dvca. Remember what forum you are posting in before you start insulting people. You are giving the hdca a bad name with half of the shit you are coming up with.
Well Who are you to speak on behalf of DVCA and saying your Comp doesn't want to change. Well look at US we didn't want to change but we are forced to now. Sometimes subtle changes is what clubs or a comp need to continue their organisation. I take it you don't run a business otherwise it wouldn't even have lasted before the Global Financial Crisis even begun.

Sure clubs in the district may be dropping off with sides, but not as dramatically and quickly as what has happened to you blokes and at Greensborough since you both left. This is because of your leagues lack of progression and resistance to change. I find it very interesting to hear you say that you don't want change. Look at the number of ex MCC juniors running around with HDCA clubs, this example is a direct result of your league being content with how you are.

Well Who are you to speak on behalf of DVCA and saying your Comp doesn't want to change. Well look at US we didn't want to change but we are forced to now. Sometimes subtle changes is what clubs or a comp need to continue their organisation. I take it you don't run a business otherwise it wouldn't even have lasted before the Global Financial Crisis even begun.
No I don't speak on behalf if all the dvca , but I'm pretty confident that my views are shared by most within this forum at least. Your clubs ( hdca ) are forced to change due to the laziness of your executive commitee. I take it they can't be bothered with it anymore , oh well , let them fend for themselves , such a great well run association . It's been stuffed for well over a decade . Good luck forming your new super league or whatever it is they might form. I hope it goes really well for your clubs for next year.

Sure clubs in the district may be dropping off with sides, but not as dramatically and quickly as what has happened to you blokes and at Greensborough since you both left. This is because of your leagues lack of progression and resistance to change. I find it very interesting to hear you say that you don't want change. Look at the number of ex MCC juniors running around with HDCA clubs, this example is a direct result of your league being content with how you are.

Guys, really think you are all missing the point. Clubs like Macleod & greensborough are not necessarily dropping off because of poor club or comp management but more due to the current demographics of the area.
The same can also be said for the HDCA in general. The heidleberg area is fairly old and established and it takes new families/generations moving thru areas to keep numbers up.
eg. I am from bundoora. In the mid - late nineties we had 6-7 senior teams and as many juniors. By mid 2000's we had barely 1-2 junior teams and only 4 senior teams. Last year we had 6 seniors and 3 juniors. .

It comes and goes in cycles.

The Heidelberg area (incl GB & Macleod) at present is in my opinion at the lower end of the cycle. Maybe timing now says that the HDCA cannot sustain itself long enough to see thru this low cycle. Some of the clubs certianly dont seem to think so.

I really dont think it has anything to do with how well or poorly each comp is perceived to have been run.
The HDCA as an outsider looking in, has changed formats many times, yet is struggling.
The DVCA have hardly changed at all in the last 20 years. The only major change was the introduction of full grade promotion releagtion a few years back (which I think should revert back only to the shield grades).
The NMCA has also changed structures and is also (from the outside) battling a bit. But again, like the HDCA, is also set in an established older residential area.

So who is right...?

Guys, really think you are all missing the point. Clubs like Macleod & greensborough are not necessarily dropping off because of poor club or comp management but more due to the current demographics of the area.
The same can also be said for the HDCA in general. The heidleberg area is fairly old and established and it takes new families/generations moving thru areas to keep numbers up.
eg. I am from bundoora. In the mid - late nineties we had 6-7 senior teams and as many juniors. By mid 2000's we had barely 1-2 junior teams and only 4 senior teams. Last year we had 6 seniors and 3 juniors. .

It comes and goes in cycles.

The Heidelberg area (incl GB & Macleod) at present is in my opinion at the lower end of the cycle. Maybe timing now says that the HDCA cannot sustain itself long enough to see thru this low cycle. Some of the clubs certianly dont seem to think so.

I really dont think it has anything to do with how well or poorly each comp is perceived to have been run.
The HDCA as an outsider looking in, has changed formats many times, yet is struggling.
The DVCA have hardly changed at all in the last 20 years. The only major change was the introduction of full grade promotion releagtion a few years back (which I think should revert back only to the shield grades).
The NMCA has also changed structures and is also (from the outside) battling a bit. But again, like the HDCA, is also set in an established older residential area.

So who is right...?
Good to see someone within DVCA knows whats going on instead of some nuisance who's putting in his own allegations rather than looking at it with a better point of view. I agree big time with you with that one Ex prez. Does this mean at some stage like you stated that this low cycle will hit DVCA that it might prompt changes and what sort of changes could this bring about which could impact clubs outside the DVCA. Some sort of Merge, restructure of Shields etc?????

Good to see someone within DVCA knows whats going on instead of some nuisance who's putting in his own allegations rather than looking at it with a better point of view. I agree big time with you with that one Ex prez. Does this mean at some stage like you stated that this low cycle will hit DVCA that it might prompt changes and what sort of changes could this bring about which could impact clubs outside the DVCA. Some sort of Merge, restructure of Shields etc?????

Not sure it will hit the DVCA as a whole. We cover a fairly wide demographic area.. We have struggling areas at present like GB, macleod, Thomastown etc... yet thriving areas like Epping, Sth morang, Whittlesea, Eltham, Diamond Creeks etc.
Some clubs will struggle, some like Wattleglen have gone, some are stronger than ever...
The clubs that will struggle are the ones stuck in the middle of the zone with no new residential development - a little like the HDCA area
I think we have somehting like 15-18 clubs within a 3 km radius of us. Makes recruiting harder each year as we all try to attack the same schools and residents...

Any restructure in the forseeable future I can only see as a positive one. Depending on how many HDCA clubs wish to come across, we may expand into 3 sheilds... who knows...?? Our comp certianly are not shedding any light on the matter in any great hurry....

Not sure it will hit the DVCA as a whole. We cover a fairly wide demographic area.. We have struggling areas at present like GB, macleod, Thomastown etc... yet thriving areas like Epping, Sth morang, Whittlesea, Eltham, Diamond Creeks etc.
Some clubs will struggle, some like Wattleglen have gone, some are stronger than ever...
The clubs that will struggle are the ones stuck in the middle of the zone with no new residential development - a little like the HDCA area
I think we have somehting like 15-18 clubs within a 3 km radius of us. Makes recruiting harder each year as we all try to attack the same schools and residents...

Any restructure in the forseeable future I can only see as a positive one. Depending on how many HDCA clubs wish to come across, we may expand into 3 sheilds... who knows...?? Our comp certianly are not shedding any light on the matter in any great hurry....
Can't go wrong there the area of Epping South Morang and co still has plenty of development to come which could lead to more teams and maybe another club coming out of there. But the clubs you mention also that could be in the same boat as some HDCA clubs are in. Is there a solution for them to get themselves out of this situation sooner rather than later. Macloed could be an exception as they might start to have a good audience to chime into, towards the Springthorpe residents. Yet this might not be the only matter that has brought to the deduction in numbers at Macloed or maybe even Greensborough and the other clubs that could be in the same boat. In recent years it seems that there has been more competition from clubs to promote players to play at their club and that a slight travelling distance isn't a big problem. What i've been seeing is in terms of the HDCA in particular is that those clubs in the Low Cycle are now finding themselves losing players to the bigger clubs who are at the top end of the cycle. Meaning the Big Clubs get Bigger and the Small Clubs get Smaller. Any truth to that over in the DVCA for clubs who are in the low cycle boat

Can't go wrong there the area of Epping South Morang and co still has plenty of development to come which could lead to more teams and maybe another club coming out of there. But the clubs you mention also that could be in the same boat as some HDCA clubs are in. Is there a solution for them to get themselves out of this situation sooner rather than later. Macloed could be an exception as they might start to have a good audience to chime into, towards the Springthorpe residents. Yet this might not be the only matter that has brought to the deduction in numbers at Macloed or maybe even Greensborough and the other clubs that could be in the same boat. In recent years it seems that there has been more competition from clubs to promote players to play at their club and that a slight travelling distance isn't a big problem. What i've been seeing is in terms of the HDCA in particular is that those clubs in the Low Cycle are now finding themselves losing players to the bigger clubs who are at the top end of the cycle. Meaning the Big Clubs get Bigger and the Small Clubs get Smaller. Any truth to that over in the DVCA for clubs who are in the low cycle boat

I havent seen too many players drift from club to club - or more specifically from smaller club to bigger. The bigger clubs, from where I see it, are bigger due to the demographics and the number of kids coming thru. Not necessarily thru poaching senior players, but more growing from within.

I havent seen too many players drift from club to club - or more specifically from smaller club to bigger. The bigger clubs, from where I see it, are bigger due to the demographics and the number of kids coming thru. Not necessarily thru poaching senior players, but more growing from within.
i wasn't quoting towards the senior players but i think more of the juniors and transitional players from juniors to seniors who are doing this because of maybe mates, maybe more resources, or even just because of facilities. In terms of HDCA Banyule and Hedielberg would be the leaders with this category. They have picked up quite a few juniors from the low cycled clubs over the last 5 years. So whats the solution for these low cycled clubs thats the big question. What do they have to do to stay afloat is there anything you can give that might rejuvinate these clubs that are going through a bad trough.

i wasn't quoting towards the senior players but i think more of the juniors and transitional players from juniors to seniors who are doing this because of maybe mates, maybe more resources, or even just because of facilities. In terms of HDCA Banyule and Hedielberg would be the leaders with this category. They have picked up quite a few juniors from the low cycled clubs over the last 5 years. So whats the solution for these low cycled clubs thats the big question. What do they have to do to stay afloat is there anything you can give that might rejuvinate these clubs that are going through a bad trough.

Unfortunatley no easy solution. Only a lot of hard work and you need to have people willing to put in the hours to do it.
Need firstly to find people in the club willing to give up their time to work for the club.
Need to hit the schools hard - try to run clinics etc... get info into newsletters...

Work closely with Council to try to upgrade facilites...but this will also require financial commitment from the club which can be a catch 22. You need to have money to build, but you need to build to get more money...
Work closely with your football club if sharing a ground/pavillion with one. Helps split the workload and the costs.
Engage other local communitiy groups in the projects as well if they can make use of the facilites. This helps with grants etc...

Probably the club that has done this the best in recent times is Lower Plenty CC. Practically on the verge of extinction only 4-5 years ago, they are now back and one of the stronger clubs numbers wise ( although still in div 2). Speak to them about how they went about it...

Unfortunatley no easy solution. Only a lot of hard work and you need to have people willing to put in the hours to do it.
Need firstly to find people in the club willing to give up their time to work for the club.
Need to hit the schools hard - try to run clinics etc... get info into newsletters...

Work closely with Council to try to upgrade facilites...but this will also require financial commitment from the club which can be a catch 22. You need to have money to build, but you need to build to get more money...
Work closely with your football club if sharing a ground/pavillion with one. Helps split the workload and the costs.
Engage other local communitiy groups in the projects as well if they can make use of the facilites. This helps with grants etc...

Probably the club that has done this the best in recent times is Lower Plenty CC. Practically on the verge of extinction only 4-5 years ago, they are now back and one of the stronger clubs numbers wise ( although still in div 2). Speak to them about how they went about it...

All good points Ex Prez! I think if you speak to Gyro or Wobble, and I have on numerous occasions, they would very much concede that the only way up was to build from the bottom (juniors). Without someone like Gyro taking on the leadership and Wobble's work with the kids, it may not have happened but they got the ball rolling intially getting enough kids to create a hybrid team with N.E.W., then chipped away at an alarming rate by I suppose becomeing more of a junior focussed club with seniors, rather than what some clubs do and be a Senior club with a passing acknowledgement of there juniors. It's obviously not at all as easy done as said, but clubs and individuals have to be prepared create a plan, run with it and see it through. Lower Plenty are a successful club regardles of what division they are in, because they are passionate people, who are in touch with there community and work extremley hard with all stakeholders. By the way I'm a Research ECCC passionate supporter and member, but I am also a Lower Plenty CC paid up member and admirer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back