Dvca: Season 2011-2012

Its interesting because I have no negative thoughts towards Bundoora whatsoever, and have had good experiences with them. If you remember I was one of the ones at Eltham working on the charity day. But you both are happy to sledge Eltham at will but when its on the other foot you both get on here and chime in at the same time, sooking up a treat. As I have previously said, if you don't like what you hear, don't start shooting your mouth off at my club and you won't hear anything back from me. Pretty simple. The only club i'll bag without invitation is Riverside. Thats for obvious reasons :)

If you move to a more appropriate thred, Money Shield, we wouldnt have to read your dribble. BTW, watch Dads Army in the nets this morning at Panther Place, I wouldn't get to settled in Money Shield, maybe 'B' grade is on the way for ECC.

If you move to a more appropriate thred, Money Shield, we wouldnt have to read your dribble. BTW, watch Dads Army in the nets this morning at Panther Place, I wouldn't get to settled in Money Shield, maybe 'B' grade is on the way for ECC.
Hey knob head. Two things. Firstly, this is NOT the BS thread, but the DVCA thread. And secondly, The ones and twos were playing a practice match at the same time against East Ringwood at East Ringwood. So the 6 blokes that were down there were doing it off their own bat to go down and have a hit.

Just for the record too. East Ringwood 13 for 137. ECC 5 for 170 with 10 overs to spare. And there was no Skips, Davo, Nath Chrimes, and Gutto.

Hey knob head. Two things. Firstly, this is NOT the BS thread, but the DVCA thread. And secondly, The ones and twos were playing a practice match at the same time against East Ringwood at East Ringwood. So the 6 blokes that were down there were doing it off their own bat to go down and have a hit.

Just for the record too. East Ringwood 13 for 137. ECC 5 for 170 with 10 overs to spare. And there was no Skips, Davo, Nath Chrimes, and Gutto.
Oh my, now we are putting Practise match results up for all to see, are you kidding!!!!
Going to be a long season if that is the case, justifying every movement of a club on the skids, and before you retaliate and have a crack, that is not an accusation, it is a fact, if a club gets relegated after only winning 4 games in two seasons, it is offically 'on the skids'

Oh my, now we are putting Practise match results up for all to see, are you kidding!!!!
Going to be a long season if that is the case, justifying every movement of a club on the skids, and before you retaliate and have a crack, that is not an accusation, it is a fact, if a club gets relegated after only winning 4 games in two seasons, it is offically 'on the skids'
Firstly, learn to spell ************. Secondly, it was because I knew there would be some crack about us losing the game. But you're right we have struggled in the past few years. But can you answer me this. Before Eltham, who was the last team to get relegated? Idiot!

Can you give us any update on North Elthams practice matches? anything correct to the rumour that you lost on the weekend?

Firstly, learn to spell ************. Secondly, it was because I knew there would be some crack about us losing the game. But you're right we have struggled in the past few years. But can you answer me this. Before Eltham, who was the last team to get relegated? Idiot!
hahaha, sitting with mates, and we were betting on how long it would take. and I am an idiot am I??? I am not associated with the previously demoted club that you mention. Get your facts right.

Lots of negativity on this forum about other clubs for whatever reason. It's really easy to be negative, but a lot harder to be constructive. I'm going to pose a theoretical question to change it up a bit. If you couldn't play for your club, which DVCA club would you play for and why?

Lots of negativity on this forum about other clubs for whatever reason. It's really easy to be negative, but a lot harder to be constructive. I'm going to pose a theoretical question to change it up a bit. If you couldn't play for your club, which DVCA club would you play for and why?
I would play at North Eltham Wanderers so I could bowl at Too Easy at training and knock his little head off his shoulders.

Unfortunate to note 125 junior team nominations. That will decrease by around 5 by seasons start I'd reckon. Thats 15 to 20 less junior sides since 2009/10. Hope no smartarse clubs stand in the way of any new ideas that might fix this drop in numbers. The classic DVCA comment of "if it aint broke why change it" needs to be banned from this site and all DVCA meetings I reckon.

Dont think I'd be welcome at too many other clubs :D

Unfortunate to note 125 junior team nominations. That will decrease by around 5 by seasons start I'd reckon. Thats 15 to 20 less junior sides since 2009/10. Hope no smartarse clubs stand in the way of any new ideas that might fix this drop in numbers. The classic DVCA comment of "if it aint broke why change it" needs to be banned from this site and all DVCA meetings I reckon.

Some fair comment there Goliath. Not sure if this is valid or not but just a thought. One of the big issues may be the length of games and the modern families/parents expectation that everything is over and done with quickly. Probably not as much an issue for those parents/kids with an early and strong appreciation of cricket. But for most the quick sports fix of football, basketball and soccer just to name a few, is probably over and done with and still leaves plenty of the weekend to do whatever. It may be required that the 20/20 format is incorporated in a viable way at the younger age groups. To the purest, I understand that may ring alarm bells. But until the kids themselves are old enough to indicate that cricket is what they truly want, then there needs to be a formula that attracts them AND equally as important, the parents, to the sport. Six to ten years ago there was considerable growth in junior cricket. So what has happened?

'RECRUITS/OVERSEAS'

Season fast approaching in Australia, you feel your side is lacking that one thing to take your side places??
Well here it is!!!!...............having developed a repaw with alot of clubs through out the UK and Australia i am pleased to be able to help clubs find that missing cog they need!!
I have a whole list of Uk players across all levels ready to come to your club and make a difference, don't fear for cost or a lack of time left..........there are players who are ready to depart asap!!

For more info contact me at playersabroad@hotmail.com

Sorry champ, I'm not the spelling police but "REPAW?", jesus, it's - rapport.

Some fair comment there Goliath. Not sure if this is valid or not but just a thought. One of the big issues may be the length of games and the modern families/parents expectation that everything is over and done with quickly. Probably not as much an issue for those parents/kids with an early and strong appreciation of cricket. But for most the quick sports fix of football, basketball and soccer just to name a few, is probably over and done with and still leaves plenty of the weekend to do whatever. It may be required that the 20/20 format is incorporated in a viable way at the younger age groups. To the purest, I understand that may ring alarm bells. But until the kids themselves are old enough to indicate that cricket is what they truly want, then there needs to be a formula that attracts them AND equally as important, the parents, to the sport. Six to ten years ago there was considerable growth in junior cricket. So what has happened?

Absolutely, I really think the time has come for a weekly T20 competition at 14, 16 and senior level.

Goliath, think you will find this trend in numbers across the whole country/world - not just limited to the DVCA.
Cricket is a dying sport in its traditional formats - have you noticed the attendance at the Sri Lankan tests recently...?
hence the recent into of 20/20 etc...

Agreed we shouldnt kill of ideas but not really sure how the 'world' can address this decline. There are simply too many other options for kids - or even adult players - to do now. Cricket is a very time demanding sport, there are many other 'shorter' options to particpate in.
Defeatest attitude maybe, but hard to argue with the facts... :(

Back