Dvca: Season 2011-2012

No doubt HB would have been offered to stay up - or should have been.
Maybe they chose to go down if they feel they are not going to be competitive is MS??
Certainly would have thought if precedence was anything to go by then they should have been but 99.99% sure they weren't offered to stay up. Especially given that with 1 round to go last year with all the rain inturruptions there was a fairly compromised draw which had something like 4 clubs fighting it out for the honour of being relegated. At least riverside will be more confident of survival in money shield now.

Certainly would have thought if precedence was anything to go by then they should have been but 99.99% sure they weren't offered to stay up. Especially given that with 1 round to go last year with all the rain inturruptions there was a fairly compromised draw which had something like 4 clubs fighting it out for the honour of being relegated. At least riverside will be more confident of survival in money shield now.

Pains me to say that I dont think the clappers will have too much trouble staying in MS. I think there are a few people who over rate MS. I played 'C' grade last season, we were the only 3rds side in C grade, playing against everyone elses 2nd side and if Sth Morangs, Yarrambats, NEWs, Monts and Mill Parks 2nds are any indication of their 1sts ability then Riverside will comfortably stay up.

Pains me to say that I dont think the clappers will have too much trouble staying in MS. I think there are a few people who over rate MS. I played 'C' grade last season, we were the only 3rds side in C grade, playing against everyone elses 2nd side and if Sth Morangs, Yarrambats, NEWs, Monts and Mill Parks 2nds are any indication of their 1sts ability then Riverside will comfortably stay up.

Nice, I might even be able to make a run then :p

Self effacing humor...thats a good start strangler.

He has a rather large hole to dig himself out of after last season's carry on here coupled with his on-field failures, but a good start nonetheless.

As it is only 4 weeks to game time, let's see which Barclay Shield clubs are looking the goods and which ones might struggle, ill do my best to start it off here with limited knowledge, please repost with any news you have confirmed:

Plenty
OUT: Johnno, Pavey, Lovey, Hubber
IN: Wilson, C.Villani, Della
Lower Eltham
OUT: C.Still
IN: L.Poyser
Riverside
OUT: Salpigtidas, Gleeson, Elks, Walker (to the 3rds)
IN: Mark Doyle
Camrea
OUT: ???
IN: Volpe
Epping
OUT: Corey and Phil Hurst, Topham, Fletcher
IN: ???
Diamond Creek
Bundoora
OUT: B.Dean
IN: Kluesner
Eltham College/Research
IN: Dale, Cookson
Lalor
OUT: Volpe, Keays
Mernda
North Eltham
OUT: Crawford
IN: Crook, Barnett
Macleod

If there are any errors in this lot just change them yourself.

He has a rather large hole to dig himself out of after last season's carry on here coupled with his on-field failures, but a good start nonetheless.

As it is only 4 weeks to game time, let's see which Barclay Shield clubs are looking the goods and which ones might struggle, ill do my best to start it off here with limited knowledge, please repost with any news you have confirmed:

Plenty
Lower Eltham
Riverside
Camrea
Epping
Diamond Creek
Bundoora
OUT: B.Dean
IN: Kluesner
Eltham College/Research
Lalor
Mernda
North Eltham
Macleod

Bundoora
OUT: B.Dean (dont bet on it, he's president now, anything could happen)
IN: Kluesner, Dinesh Premakumar back, been here for 3 weeks and training well - watch out boys, new Cockroach looks handy with bat & ball

Plenty
IN: Wilson, C.Villani, Della (really did he write this..?)
Lower Eltham
Riverside
Camrea
Epping
Diamond Creek
OUT: ??? heard both the Glynn boys have retired...?
Bundoora
OUT: B.Dean, G.Mann (tbc)
IN: Kluesner (not likely - no spot for him), Dinesh Premakumara (back again), Alex Roberts (c/c), Janan Daniel (Carlton), Andrew Fairchild (back full time after his holiday last yr), Sunny taggar (also back from his holiday last yr ;))

Eltham College/Research
OUT: ??? McTaggart ?
Lalor
Mernda
North Eltham
Macleod

Plenty
Lower Eltham
OUT: C.Still Is still playing and bringing an import from the UK. J.Poyser out - Knee
Riverside
OUT: Salpigtidas, Gleeson, Elks, Walker (to the 3rds) Pig will play, Walker can't play. Elks has also said on here he will play. I can't wait!
Camrea
OUT: ??? BUBIS. Any news on McGann?
Epping
OUT: Corey and Phil Hurst, Topham, Fletcher Heard Toppy and Fletch were still playing.
Diamond Creek
OUT: ??? The Glynn boys were retiring last year weren't they? Yarra might go on
Bundoora
OUT: B.Dean Please say of the Diamond Valley area all together
IN: Kluesner Lance ? + 8 Imports..
Eltham College/Research
OUT: ??? Kennel & Gutterson
Lalor
IN: ??? Trouble? Apparently picked up a super quick bowler.
Mernda
OUT: ??? Snowy
North Eltham
IN: Crook, Barnett Kelsey
Macleod

We have just received a request for Dale Knight to be cleared to Eltham, have heard Joel Crook has been training at North Eltham Wanderers (has not returned messages), Scott Barnett will be staying.

We have just received a request for Dale Knight to be cleared to Eltham, have heard Joel Crook has been training at North Eltham Wanderers (has not returned messages), Scott Barnett will be staying.
I put that through this afternoon. Can you please accept it asap to make my job easier? :)

I put that through this afternoon. Can you please accept it asap to make my job easier? :)

Obviously Ash Wood has gone to Montmorency and Shane Waddingham has retired from 1st grade and may play a few games in the one day side if work permits. A few new faces at training but nothing to write home about at tis stage.

Knight to Eltham. That's a big loss for Lower Plenty's D Grade.

But will improve Elthams A Grade though.

Very goood CC:D

Tongs,

I must say your constant referral to imports is getting tiresome, we have one, who will be playing his 3rd season for the club and has already proved himself to be amongst the better cricketers in our comp. Costs less than a bloke with half his ability is looking for when you try and recruit blokes from other competitions and is a much better bloke than most of them. Makes sense i would have thought.

As an individaual, while i'm not all that comfortable trying to recruit players from within our comp,the reality is that it needs to happen to continue growth within your club. No longer do 6-8 kids graduate from u16's and play senior cricket, which is a shame. It's a hard one because i'd imagine that all clubs are the same in trying to recruit long term players and good club people, not many players change clubs and the ones that do are often susceptible to moving on multiple times.

For the record without naming names, i spoke with 3 people from rival clubs ( 2 x barclay, 1 x money - not tongs ), two were in regards to coaching roles and one was about playing only. Only one got past the initial phone call, and all 3 are staying at their clubs which speaks volumes for them as people in my book.

As for me "saying" out of the valley, well, let's just say i dont think we will cross paths on the cricket field for a while

And recruiting -

Out - Simon Baring

In - Roberts (coach), Daniel, Premukumara

I was obviously taking the pi$$ with Kleusner, but can confirm that we may have a recently retired test player make a cameo appearance if his schedule permits...... more than likely in a 20/20 game

Back