Dvca: Season 2011-2012

Hey Ex-Pres, iv always wondered why nobody at Bundoora footy club wants to associate with anyone at the cricket club. But as I sit in my office at work today it has become quite clear, the place is infested with know it all knobs like you in summer.....

Hey Ex-Pres, iv always wondered why nobody at Bundoora footy club wants to associate with anyone at the cricket club. But as I sit in my office at work today it has become quite clear, the place is infested with know it all knobs like you in summer.....

Where's your sense of humor Della?

Very goood CC:D

Tongs,

I must say your constant referral to imports is getting tiresome, we have one, who will be playing his 3rd season for the club and has already proved himself to be amongst the better cricketers in our comp. Costs less than a bloke with half his ability is looking for when you try and recruit blokes from other competitions and is a much better bloke than most of them. Makes sense i would have thought.

As an individaual, while i'm not all that comfortable trying to recruit players from within our comp,the reality is that it needs to happen to continue growth within your club. No longer do 6-8 kids graduate from u16's and play senior cricket, which is a shame. It's a hard one because i'd imagine that all clubs are the same in trying to recruit long term players and good club people, not many players change clubs and the ones that do are often susceptible to moving on multiple times.

For the record without naming names, i spoke with 3 people from rival clubs ( 2 x barclay, 1 x money - not tongs ), two were in regards to coaching roles and one was about playing only. Only one got past the initial phone call, and all 3 are staying at their clubs which speaks volumes for them as people in my book.

As for me "saying" out of the valley, well, let's just say i dont think we will cross paths on the cricket field for a while

And recruiting -

Out - Simon Baring

In - Roberts (coach), Daniel, Premukumara

I was obviously taking the pi$$ with Kleusner, but can confirm that we may have a recently retired test player make a cameo appearance if his schedule permits...... more than likely in a 20/20 game

Bradley, how can you be taken serious when you say you only have one import at the start, then at the bottom say ins: Premukumara? You're taking the piss surely? That would make two? Over the last few years You're club has resembled a taxi rank at the airport, and therefore you will be labelled that. I see you have no issues continually commenting on ECC, but commenting on BCC is tiresome? Grow a pair of aggots.

I 100% agree on how difficult it is trying to get blokes from other clubs, we have struggled for a few years and a lot of it falls on who knows who. If you snag 1 player that will play in your ones every game, you're doing well. Any more than that is near exceptional.

You're right we may not meet again. I am tipping ECC to come up. Bundoora to go down.

Bradley, how can you be taken serious when you say you only have one import at the start, then at the bottom say ins: Premukumara? You're taking the piss surely? That would make two? Over the last few years You're club has resembled a taxi rank at the airport, and therefore you will be labelled that. I see you have no issues continually commenting on ECC, but commenting on BCC is tiresome? Grow a pair of aggots.

I 100% agree on how difficult it is trying to get blokes from other clubs, we have struggled for a few years and a lot of it falls on who knows who. If you snag 1 player that will play in your ones every game, you're doing well. Any more than that is near exceptional.

You're right we may not meet again. I am tipping ECC to come up. Bundoora to go down.

Tongs,
You are losing all repsect on here I think.
We have only ever had a maximum of 2 imports and not for last 2 years.
Pranath (06-07)
Dinesh & Pubudu (07-08)
Dinesh & Ravi (08-09)
09-10 & 10-11 - nil
11-12 - Dinesh.

Dinesh is the only 'import' this year.
As Brad said, this is no differnet to clubs paying $$ to a local player to come and go each year.

if you wish to refer to the fact that we have a multi cultural team , then fine, but not imports.
We have been fortunate enough to have two or more local indian born lads come and play with us, who have been great
This year we have a 'to and from' as a coach - but he too is now a resident.

So yes - like you get tiresome of the Minney trash -we too get tired of your continual racial comments about our side.

As for our paths crossing again - time will tell. As ECC have chosen to only recruit MS players, then you might find yourself there for a while.
Hopefully not. Look forward to our 'import' team smashing you again soon.;)

Della, are you getting a bit touchy coz I recognised that a C grade player was mentioned as playing in the Plenty ones this year...
Didnt think they were going that bad...

Did i miss something? We have one import - PREMUKUMARA (Dinesh)

We have 2 indian students who have played for the last 4 years cos they live in mill park, if they were playing 4ths it would be no issue, cos they are good enough to play "A" grade, you feel the need to make racist remarks towards them and our club, it's just crap, you wouldn't call them a cab driver to their face, why label them that way on a cricket forum?

Not sure what your reading, can't remember "continually commenting" on Eltham:confused:

Iv watched you bat, normal day to day events no longer humor me.

Aren't you the same bloke that on striding to the crease at (lets say) 6/40 in a semi final let your first ball go which proceeded to remove your off stump....7/40. All my stats are on the BCC website for your purusal. :)

Your club has been rabble for years, once all the money ran out and all the greats, Pavey, Bubis, Monar, followed it was into the wilderness. Get your own club in order then gob off about ours.

Aren't you the same bloke that on striding to the crease at (lets say) 6/40 in a semi final let your first ball go which proceeded to remove your off stump....7/40. All my stats are on the BCC website for your purusal. :)
all im saying is life just isnt the same knowing i will never have the privlege of sledging you from behind the pegs........ We've been down this path before havent we? haha

We have 2 indian students who have played for the last 4 years cos they live in mill park, if they were playing 4ths it would be no issue, cos they are good enough to play "A" grade, you feel the need to make racist remarks towards them and our club, it's just crap, you wouldn't call them a cab driver to their face, why label them that way on a cricket forum?

Not sure what your reading, can't remember "continually commenting" on Eltham:confused:

Has there been a player in the Diamond Valley suspended for racism before, I seem to remember something happening a few years back...Tongs?

Has there been a player in the Diamond Valley suspended for racism before, I seem to remember something happening a few years back...Tongs?

I have never been suspended for racism? Not sure what you're referring to?

Are you sure about that? You all get a bit touchy on your own club, but its fine to call mine a rabble etc? If you guys (BCC) Continue with the "you're a rabble", "you're in MS get off our forum", "you only have skips", "you only recruited MS players", etc then Ill have a crack back at whatever i see fit. Don't like, don't read it. Just like on the field -All is fair in sledging, you can't sledge a person and then cry when he sledges you back. If you open it up, you need to be prepared to cop whatever comes back at you!

I have never been suspended for racism? Not sure what you're referring to?

Are you sure about that? You all get a bit touchy on your own club, but its fine to call mine a rabble etc? If you guys (BCC) Continue with the "you're a rabble", "you're in MS get off our forum", "you only have skips", "you only recruited MS players", etc then Ill have a crack back at whatever i see fit. Don't like, don't read it. Just like on the field -All is fair in sledging, you can't sledge a person and then cry when he sledges you back. If you open it up, you need to be prepared to cop whatever comes back at you!

Tongs, think you are a little off the mark here. I agree with Brad, cant remember seeing anything bad he has written about ECC. As a club, we do not slag off on Eltham. Seem to remember running a combined fundraiser last year with you?
Maybe 100% Bull has a little fun with you now and then, and I have only ever responded to your sledges, as is our right on an open forum.
You can say whatever you like about us really doesnt matter, sledging is usually just a bit of harmless fun - however one thing we cannot tolerate is your continual racist remarks. . Such as recent comments...
"...You're club has resembled a taxi rank at the airport..."
"...Player movements: bundoora will be fielding 1 senior team after Julia Gillards boat people deal that she did with Malaysia meant that they have lost over 80% of their players. .."

if you think you can continue to get away with such, then you are living in the 80's

Tongs, think you are a little off the mark here. I agree with Brad, cant remember seeing anything bad he has written about ECC. As a club, we do not slag off on Eltham. Seem to remember running a combined fundraiser last year with you?
Maybe 100% Bull has a little fun with you now and then, and I have only ever responded to your sledges, as is our right on an open forum.
You can say whatever you like about us really doesnt matter, sledging is usually just a bit of harmless fun - however one thing we cannot tolerate is your continual racist remarks. . Such as recent comments...
"...Player movements: bundoora will be fielding 1 senior team after Julia Gillards boat people deal that she did with Malaysia meant that they have lost over 80% of their players. .."

if you think you can continue to get away with such, then you are living in the 80's

"If you think you can get away with" "Cannot tolerate"

Looks like your inner totalitarian is starting to come out.

I was asked to attend mediation 12 years ago for an incident in which i overstepped the mark, it went no further than that. Happy to say i've never done it again and it was an eyeopener as to how how that type of behaviour can have an impact. I guess that may be a reason that i get frustrated that it still continues. I learned the hard way that it's racism not sledging.

I was asked to attend mediation 12 years ago for an incident in which i overstepped the mark, it went no further than that. Happy to say i've never done it again and it was an eyeopener as to how how that type of behaviour can have an impact. I guess that may be a reason that i get frustrated that it still continues. I learned the hard way that it's racism not sledging.
Well isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? (Pardon the pun)

Its interesting because I have no negative thoughts towards Bundoora whatsoever, and have had good experiences with them. If you remember I was one of the ones at Eltham working on the charity day. But you both are happy to sledge Eltham at will but when its on the other foot you both get on here and chime in at the same time, sooking up a treat. As I have previously said, if you don't like what you hear, don't start shooting your mouth off at my club and you won't hear anything back from me. Pretty simple. The only club i'll bag without invitation is Riverside. Thats for obvious reasons :)

Dave, always love you bagging and sledging but your comments IRT taxi ranks etc are going to far, that is not sledging BCC at all its being irresponsible and yes its racist.

Back