Eca

wats the atmosphere like at eca clubs? u wud think being an inner city comp in the eastern suburbs it would be good bunch of blokes I currently play in an outer suburbs comp (almost country) and have to say the behaviour can be average at times.

Last edited:
How is everyones new players going?

Bulleen, Richmond city, Glen iris,East Doncaster old Carey,willows(not here yet) ashwood? What r the new coaches/captains like?

Now the footy is over bring on the cricket.

Are ur clubs ready for Rd 1 and will we get a start?

Mine is ready, played 2 praccy games and had the first 11 at more than 8 sessions

Dinnison and big deano leaving the Bears will hurt them big time even with gross coming in, especially if there wasting a batting spot with that zaicors guy keeping, Oshea to bowl even more overs this year,
Burwood have lost their 3 best players from last year so don't think they'll be coming back up, dads army is all but retired so bulleens performances will be interesting, any news on Lloyd mash?

Bulleen certainly struggled Rd 1.

What do you guys make of the idea to reduce Dunstan Shield to an 8 team comp next year?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Bulleen certainly did!!!! Will be able to c what their side will be for this week like others. Lots of good players didn't play Rd 1.
I see Mulgrave played with 10 and aldons is back.
Will ma be able to demolish heathmont at a different ground? (wtf)
Upsets a plenty in Rd 1 so now the good cricket starts

Bulleen certainly struggled Rd 1.

What do you guys make of the idea to reduce Dunstan Shield to an 8 team comp next year?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
Not fussed with the 8 team comp, but think it's time for the ECA to have Dunstan and Dustan Reserve, A Turf and A Turf Reserve etc...
We have it down in Geelong and it works a treat

North Balwyn well untruly set up for the 4 while relegation looks like it will be down to 4 (bulleen, hawthorn, mully and heathmont) my guess mully and heathmont

Not fussed with the 8 team comp, but think it's time for the ECA to have Dunstan and Dustan Reserve, A Turf and A Turf Reserve etc...
We have it down in Geelong and it works a treat
If ECA Exec want to keep ECA as a top stand alone competition we need to have a strong top grade. You wont get that if we have an 8 team grade in Dunstan.
If they are worried about second eleven teams playing in A turf then reduce A turf to 10 teams but leave Dunstan at the current number with 2 up and down.
I wonder how long time Dunstan clubs will feel when bottom 5 teams are relegated. The impact on relegation for teams can be horrific as players leave because they do not want to pay in A turf. How will ECA be a competition where juniors want to play when only 8 teams are in the top grade which will only help the player drain to Premier and Sub district in the future. Hope all turf clubs understand how we need to keep Dunstan as is and strive to raise the standard.
I look at the quality of players being attracted to sub district as reported in local papers and what hope do we have if we down grade our top grade.
We need to concentrate on having a level playing field on recruitment such as the points system for first eleven teams.
Proposal at AGM whilst not fully documented to vote on was a step in the right direction and should be progressed without delay.
We need to look at how we help clubs improve and not put in place policies which diminish clubs abilities to grow.

Back