England In Australia - The Ashes 2013/14

And Harris gets KP with Smiling George taking a sharp catch. Bell is a big wicket now, real danger player for Australia imo.

JOHNSON! Wayward as usual but still creating chances and headaches with some extra pace and bounce.

England 4 for 87.

Such a confidence cricketer MJ, great to see him have his tail up. Funny to see the 2 whipping boys breaking the game open.

What a valiant effort by the bowlers to tea. Lets hope Johnson can keep up the bowling with McDermott's coaching all summer and Lyon has bowled excellently. Control to get his wickets. 5 overs for 2 runs set up the wickets.

Australia complete the day in a dominant position of leading by 224 runs without the loss of a wicket.

7qjd.jpg

Going to expose myself here - I don't like the Aus cricket team. My only highlight was Haddin missing out on the ton :) . England batted ideally to Australia's bowling plans. Slowly accumulating runs means that when a wicket is taken, it has a bigger negative psychological impact than a wicket otherwise would. This game is a write-off. England, particularly Cook, must improve at Adelaide.

Going to expose myself here - I don't like the Aus cricket team. My only highlight was Haddin missing out on the ton :) . England batted ideally to Australia's bowling plans. Slowly accumulating runs means that when a wicket is taken, it has a bigger negative psychological impact than a wicket otherwise would. This game is a write-off. England, particularly Cook, must improve at Adelaide.

You don't have to like them the game is the reality. There is still an innings to bat and then 10 wickets to be taken before they might win the game. After that they have another 4 test matches. Let's not get to excited, we have seen enough good sessions from Australia over the last 20 test matches but winning games and series means taking the critical moments and converting them to wins. This is exactly what the Aussies have failed to do in the last 3 series against England. I will never forget the first test in Wales of the 2009 series when we could not take that last wicket. For me that was the turning point that cost that series and the next two series after.

I can't believe you think there is a possibility Australia won't win. This game is done, even with England's quality of recovering from terrible days, and even with the possibility of rain having an effect, this game is over. Watching the coverage now, Michael Vaughan agrees with me.

Having had a look at the wickets over again just now, I was listening to the radio yesterday so didn't see it live, I'm pretty confident in saying that I can't remember seeing 11 softer wickets. Seriously Trott??? Bell, Root, Swann, Cook missed a front foot block???

Looking at Johnson being interviewed now. How come this tough childhood, that has been talked about often in the last few days, didn't affect him when he was winning the Player of the Year?

Hey Chappell! You and Warne with your "Have to be aggressive all the time ****" doesn't always work. Hence, what we just saw with Rogers. Defence wins championships...And Ashes series 3-0!

And Warner finally gets his 100 after Clarke's 50, lead approaching 350 and oh boy England just look completely flat out there.

Back