England In Australia - The Ashes 2013/14

Ordinary defensive effort from Bailey to get knocked over by Swann. By the way Haddin batting I'd guess that Australia will have some overs at England tonight.

lol at the fools on the BF cricket board for knocking Tremlett. The guy is injured or underdone, and wasn't initially supposed to be playing. Potato>BF cricket fans intelligence!

England, like everyone else, are just waiting for the declaration. However, they do seem to shut up shop earlier than most teams normally would.

If the big lad isn't 100% fit then he shouldn't be playing in a Test match.

And Clarke calls them in with England requiring 561 runs for victory.

Tremlett, because he's so tall, was the best of a bad lot, so to speak. Apparently, as a result of the practice games, where Finn and another bloke bowled really badly, also Bresnan being injured as well, Tremlett was given the nod. If Bresnan recovers sufficiently, he'll replace him in the next test.

I can't believe you think there is a possibility Australia won't win. This game is done, even with England's quality of recovering from terrible days, and even with the possibility of rain having an effect, this game is over. Watching the coverage now, Michael Vaughan agrees with me.

Having had a look at the wickets over again just now, I was listening to the radio yesterday so didn't see it live, I'm pretty confident in saying that I can't remember seeing 11 softer wickets. Seriously Trott??? Bell, Root, Swann, Cook missed a front foot block???

Well it is all over now but when the previous was written it was not. You don't remember the first test of the last Aussie ashes in Brisbane. The Siddle hat trick that clawed us back into it then the POMS turned around and hit us where it hurt. This will be one up and we need to work extra hard now as the next test will be just that much harder again to win.

Australia' bowlers will be able to maintain this rage, your confidence in Australia must've been really dented over the years. I don't know if the lead up games weren't actually that much good in preparation for this one, but England will need some serious thought going into how they go about it from Adelaide onwards.

Here comes the dark clouds and rain.. hopefully with some luck the worst of it somehow slides past the past the GABBA.

Jesus! I went out to get some chicken during the first rain delay, then I hear on radio Cook's gone! :(:mad: If they don't come back out, could England just declare and get this **** over and done with? All theses pissy, short ball wickets (Broad???), all I can say is, what England do in their training and preparation for Adelaide will be where the series is won. What will they do?

Looking at a Ashes montage on the coverage, it does seem that with this recent England teams, they do shut up shop earlier than normal.

Here comes the dark clouds and rain.. hopefully with some luck the worst of it somehow slides past the past the GABBA.

Look out they are back on the ground. Question, should the Aussies play two spinners in Adelaide? Could bowl Harris, Johnson, Lyon, Ahmed with Watson the third seamer or even bring in Faulkner for Bailey. Horses for courses, Adelaide will not be easy to win for us it is not a pitch that suites our style and we don't have that bowling attack that will create something from nothing if we play 3 seamers and one spinner.

Reckon the Poms will more than glad that the next Test is in Adelaide as far as bouncing back in the series goes, if it was in Perth they wouldn't be looking forward to playing at the WACA if Johnson maintains this form on his favourite wicket.

I can't believe you think there is a possibility Australia won't win. This game is done, even with England's quality of recovering from terrible days, and even with the possibility of rain having an effect, this game is over. Watching the coverage now, Michael Vaughan agrees with me.

Having had a look at the wickets over again just now, I was listening to the radio yesterday so didn't see it live, I'm pretty confident in saying that I can't remember seeing 11 softer wickets. Seriously Trott??? Bell, Root, Swann, Cook missed a front foot block???

That ball to Cook from Harris was a ripper. If an opposition bowler had done it, you would have applauded.

Back