Fake cricket bats

Re: Fake cricket bats

and make sure you look after it!

oh and even crap looking bats which are knocked in play well!

i had a fake rbk bat n it was good. have brort the expensive bats n have been no good keep braking

Dikon;238538 said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/KOOKABURRA-KAHUNA-PUMA-CRICKET-BAT-BUY-1-GET-1-FREE_W0QQitemZ170154169889QQihZ007QQcategoryZ149282QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'll use this as an example this is obviously fake one look at the stickers tells me this.I know many people that have been ripped off in the past maybe if we complain enough about them to eBay they will take more of the bats off the site.Personally i'd rather buy a custom made bat exact to my specs and then put some stickers on that way i know the bat maker has taken the care and time to ensure it will be good quality.

Are most bats from india fake?

Not fake as such but likely to be Kashmir willow rather than English. Kashmir is not the end of the world but you should know what you're paying for and too many e-bay sellers are more than happy to pass off Kashmir as English.

I bought a fake MRF 2 years ago and got very lucky, as it turned out to be a phenomenal bat...dunno how this happened, but it was great.

regarding hero honda bats on ebay

what do you guys think of them, are they a worthwhile investment?

The Hero Honda bats on Ebay will be nothing like what the Indian players are using, they'll be just Hero Honda stickers placed on very cheap Kashmir bats.

i was thinking about this the other day,

How many people would actually know the difference between english and Kashmir willow?

how about the different grades you see advertised?

I would strongly recommend to buy bats from the nearby sports shop and check the bats personally.
IF no shop is available then travel a bit in near place to get one.
If u want to buy it from other country then let ur overseas friend or relatives to check and buy the bat for you.

It would be risky to just check and buy from e-bay without cross checking the bats quality.

Hello I was wondering if anyone could help me I’ve recently purchased a new Fusion Limited edition bat off ebay :

Gray Nicholls Fusion Style Cricket Bat on eBay, also, Bats, Cricket, Sporting Goods (end time 07-Feb-09 13:21:58 GMT)

I think i may have got a bit of a bargain at £50 does anyone know if its the same bat as this:

Matthew Hayden GRAY-NICOLLS Breast Cancer Campaign

I asked the seller all he said was "its a 'fusion limited edition' i bought it of a mate at my club to replace a bat that i broke but was told the rrp was £280 he never used it and had it going spare.

Didn’t seem to be much interest in the bat so i'm a bit worried in case its not the bat i think it is. There doesnt seem to be much information about the bat knocking around the net either.

Thanks in advance.

My first thoughts are no. They may well be Kookaburra bats but they certaintly won't be top of the range or grade 1 willow.

Too cheap to be genuine.

They look to be genuine Kookaburra's however I don't think they're the models stated. They're below the trade price on the Kookaburra IN pricelist.

I would say they're Kashmir willow Kookaburra's, possibly with the stickers of top grade bats applied. The Ice Sub 50 he has is certainly a Kashmir bat. The others I would guess at being Kahuna Carnage and Angry Beast (KW)

Bear in mind that the Indian Kookaburra models do not always correspond to the English/Aus Kookaburra models, so whilst an Angry Beast may well be EW in Aus it is also produced as a Kashmir Willow bat in India.

Thanks for bringing this up, I have seen countless times general younger players that I have coached go to buy $40 bats that just snap and break while training alone. I would have to say ask your coach, good player if it's a decent bat that won't break.

The main thing that stopped me picking up the bats was they may be cheap but often huge postage costs, very glad I never bothered

But i have bought 1 bat off Ebay before, a cheap indian brand I assume, DER, first time I used it it got a big dent right in the middle- balls from India are also quite bad, far too hard- i oiled it and later applied extratec but was never confident to use it for another year, then started using it and it was fine

I know very little about bat quality, I just look for something with thick edges and good for slogging :p

Back