Fake cricket bats

Re: Fake cricket bats

First post here, guys:

Was trawling Ebay looking at gorgeous pictures of lovely Grade 1 EW bats that happily shame my Grade 4 effort and I found this and wondered what you all made to it on the fake/not fake front?

Struck me as odd, for sure - I've never seen that style Decal on the SX before...

Bat is Here

evo;351348 said:
Fake and very poor quality one at that. Willow looks terrible too.

Are you sure? After all it's a 'Slazanger' rather than a Slazenger! ;)

Being serious, as evo says, fake, horrible wood and over priced by about £39.98.

Scott,I also noticed that.

Coming back to the bats purchased from India.
I would recommend to my friends that it is better to buy cricket bat from your nearby store taking the help of ur coach or a batsmen friend who has knowledge of bats.
In India;there are good quality of kashmir willow bats.... I have been using only kashmir willow bats as i found it comforting and money value is there.
Even my ex-coach also recommended to buy kashmir willow because it matches to the quality of balls used at net practice....
I have always visited a cricket shop and purchased kashmir willow that too of lesser price ones and used it for 1-2 season.

It's the old question of Kashmir vs English willow. Personally, I have no problem in people using Kashmir, providing they know what the score is.

Generally, using Kashmir means that you'll notice a poorer performance, the look of the blade won't be as pleasing and the bat will in all probability have a shorter life than an English willow one.

On the pro side is that it'll be cheaper, something which will appeal to the occasionally cricketer.

Of course, there are exceptions to every rule, not least when dealing with a natural material and I have no doubt that their are people who have bought a Kashmir bat and found it to be the best they've had, likewise with English willow. There will also be those who've bought English and had it break after 2 games or found it be poor.

We can all be bat snobs and lose sight of reality, with the reality being that for many a Kashmir willow bat is more than adequate. The other side of the coin is that everyone demanded English willow, prices would rocket as supplies are simply not available.

The key thing is to be informed when you make your decision, something which a majority of sellers on E-Bay make difficult, hence this thread and the point made above, about buying local (where possible).

Hello there folks, not ebay but I'm unsure about this seller even though there are claims to be the orig manufacturer?!

I saw this bat in a local shop at £130 RRP and liked they way it felt, so searched online and was shocked how much cheaper this is.

Woodworm Cricket Bronze Hard Drive Bat

I am very reluctant to take this up unless someone thinks its for real. What do we think

Cheers

PMag;351604 said:
Hello there folks, not ebay but I'm unsure about this seller even though there are claims to be the orig manufacturer?!

I saw this bat in a local shop at £130 RRP and liked they way it felt, so searched online and was shocked how much cheaper this is.

Woodworm Cricket Bronze Hard Drive Bat

I am very reluctant to take this up unless someone thinks its for real. What do we think

Cheers

I'm fairly certain that it's legit. Woodworm have been having some cashflow problems of late, so there are a lot of bargains to be had.

Thanks guys, it did seem legit in most areas, but on the other hand it seemed too good to be true! I have ordered one and am eagerly awaiting its arrival!

Why do folks buy 2009 models when 2008 ones are half price or more, makes no sense to me...

Good luck with your WW. I hope you have more luck with yours than I had with mine. I spent £150 on my Gold Hard Drive, and it lasted all of 5 months of actual playing before starting to show real big surface cracks and edge cracks, that was the Gold as well. I've now upgraded to a Gunn and Moore Icon, and it's a hell of alot better than any other bat I've ever had. Well worth shelling out for the new range if they're as good as the Icon.

Poor quality willow? I'm a spud of a batsmen so it won't have to last that long out there, aslong as the edges hold up lol.

I wonder, if you were swindled trying to buy a Gray-Nicolls bat, and it turned out to be fake. Would you be able to tell the difference? :p

Back