Ford Ranger Cup Thread 2009/2010

Re: Ford Ranger Cup Thread 2009/2010

Thanks to WAs poor batting and Mitch Marshs shocking fielding, Tassie are officially into the one day final, now they just wait to see if they are heading to the G or the GABBA

Now if SA can beat NSW they will win their 4th straight wooden spoon and 5th in 6 seasons

What's up with Simpson today, dropped Rogers twice and easy catches too.

Kram81;389375 said:
What's up with Simpson today, dropped Rogers twice and easy catches too.

He's got a good pair of hands too, surprising.

Victoria is going to set a pretty good score, going to need all of Queensland's batting to get there.

This is going to be a big score, reckon the Bulls will probably struggle in the run chase.

It would be great if Hopes and Harris can come back for the final, as long as the Victorian internationals don't come back as well :p

With the run chase - Broad, Hartley, Carseldine, Philipson are in very good form of late. Reardon, Simpson and Lynn haven't been too dodgy either. They have the ability, but just whether the bowling is too good or not is the probem.

Hasting's really lucky there after McDermott hit the stumps and the bails didn't come off.

How can Hodgey bat so well at domestic level and be such a spud in the ODIs he played in?

:p

Hey Boris is that Sri Lankan guy with the head-band bowling off the wrong foot??

I could swear I had an argument on here recently with someone claiming that Hodge never performs in the big matches... What an amazing innings, he should be in the Aussie side ahead of Voges, bad luck to QLD, bring on Tassie :D

Kram81;389390 said:
Hey Boris is that Sri Lankan guy with the head-band bowling off the wrong foot??

Not sure who you are talking about?

I haven't seen most of the game, just bits here and there when I have the time between working today, which I will be for most of tonight.

A lot of spinners bowl off the wrong foot, especially for variation balls.

Big total, great innings by the Vics but it's not all over yet. If any team is good at choking it's them, especially in one dayers.

Simpson to open, Hartley to come in fourth is how I'd play it.

Only in the final, we always beat QLD in the prelims :D

This would make 2 T20 Prelim Finals and a technically 50 over Semi Final win over QLD at the GABBA in the last 2 seasons, yet we have the choking record?

Boris;389392 said:
Not sure who you are talking about?

Looked it up, his name is Rumesh Ratnayake, first time I've actually noticed an International player doing it.

eddiesmith;389391 said:
What an amazing innings, he should be in the Aussie side ahead of Voges, bad luck to QLD, bring on Tassie :D

Hodge - 25 ODI matches @ 30, sr 87

Voges - 11 ODI matches @ 37, sr 91

Ok Voges hasn't played as well as he should have but he hasn't done a complete choke like Hodgey.

:p

Slow innings so far, but with only the one wicket, and with Hartley and Carseldine in the run rate can be upped. Need 8 an over now at the 20th over.

Still possible!

Well he's not out and averaging 65 for the season and can hit it big. Better than nothing.

Back