HDCA Juniors 2010/11

Re: HDCA Juniors 2010/11

onemoreover;406377 said:
No worries J...

Manny does have Schwarzenegger calves indeed. They are very scary.:D

If you are inferring that i am Justin Powick, then you are incorrect as he is swifty_147 and has came out and said that. If you are inferring im Jo Zema, anybody who knows Jo would know he wouldn't indulge in such festivities which is big cricket. Keep guessing, you may get it one day...

Manny's calves side by side with his dinosaur/dog is nothing short of a deadly combination.

Fun Fact: Daniel Cookson has suffered an early pre-season injury to his shin, (aka tony flannagan) chopped down by a female in a vicious game of indoor soccer.

Alrighty fellas

Since im sick and tired of reading what i consider rubbish, lets get constructive and start a new topic on good premiership sides of the past and present and how they would match up these days in 17 gold.

Ill start with the Rosanna boys from 2008/2009 led by jack ridewood, very good team, not many weak links in that side at all, and id say if were playing these days could take it up to the bergs. The greensborough side they beat that year were a good side to, which made the flag even more worth winning for those boys.

The banyule side from the year before that were also a fair team, dominated for most of the year with moio destroying some good batting line ups.

And yes, you bergs last year were a good side as well.

More to the point
Who do we reckon is the best under 16/17 side of the last however many years?
What are the rest of your thoughts?

IMO id go for the Rosanna boys just :)

Big Papa Smurf;406386 said:
Alrighty fellas

Since im sick and tired of reading what i consider rubbish, lets get constructive and start a new topic on good premiership sides of the past and present and how they would match up these days in 17 gold.

Ill start with the Rosanna boys from 2008/2009 led by jack ridewood, very good team, not many weak links in that side at all, and id say if were playing these days could take it up to the bergs. The greensborough side they beat that year were a good side to, which made the flag even more worth winning for those boys.

The banyule side from the year before that were also a fair team, dominated for most of the year with moio destroying some good batting line ups.

And yes, you bergs last year were a good side as well.

More to the point
Who do we reckon is the best under 16/17 side of the last however many years?
What are the rest of your thoughts?

IMO id go for the Rosanna boys just :)

i think that the banyule team a while back with moio is probably the strongest for the last few years, i think they would have beaten heidelberg last year and probably this year as well, heidelberg dont really have a huge match winner with the pill like moio was
saying that i think heidelberg would've beaten the rosanna team

swifty_147;406388 said:
i think that the banyule team a while back with moio is probably the strongest for the last few years, i think they would have beaten heidelberg last year and probably this year as well, heidelberg dont really have a huge match winner with the pill like moio was

i concur with the mcnugget, i think we would've beaten the rosanna and greensborough sides. As for the Banyule side, it just depended on how big bird aka jimmy moio felt on the day, if he was operating at 90 percent then they'd probably win. However they didn't seem to have to much depth with there next best players looking to be the chief bransgrove, nick botham, luke delaney and the beloved sammy norman.

You could make an arguement for all 4 of the sides, Banyule or the Bergs for me though.

swifty_147;406388 said:
the top 3 players to come out of the HDCA juniors in the past 5 years

J MOIO
M HANNAN
J VIOLA

only person that is capable of joining that list any time soon
S NICOLOSCI, or however you spell it

idontcarewhatitsayshere;406394 said:

J MOIO
M HANNAN
J VIOLA

you may not like cookson but i can guarantee you that he would easily make that list and would get close to topping it

nah, he cant win a game for you like the three there can, intrestingly, all fast bowlers
had M Mcdowell from rosanna played more HDCA, people would be singing his praises, quality bowler

idontcarewhatitsayshere;406404 said:
nah, he cant win a game for you like the three there can, intrestingly, all fast bowlers
had M Mcdowell from rosanna played more HDCA, people would be singing his praises, quality bowler

he was an average bowler at best
always bowled it too short

J MOIO
M HANNAN
J VIOLA

ever heard of aaron crispe you muppet?

J MOIO
M HANNAN
J VIOLA

my top 5 would be
james moio
michael hannan
sachin anand
james mclean
aiden young
last 5 years if u doubt the last 3 just check there A grade records

the_boobcat;406411 said:
ever heard of aaron crispe you muppet?

my top 5
James Moio
Aidan Young
Aaron Crispe
James Mclean
Sachin Anand
and if u don't thin the last 2 should be there look at there A grade records

freak_show;406420 said:
my top 5
James Moio
Aidan Young
Aaron Crispe
James Mclean
Sachin Anand

Bit rich putting yourself in their James, and im not sure Sach is up to the level of the other 3 even though he is a good bowler. Also, was Aiden Young playing juniors in the last 5 years. I still reckon pete cashen should be in there, maybe even tom gelling?

jmac the only reason you didnt include viola is because you hate the guy
hannan has topped the APS wicket takers list two years in a row, in a competition with Australian u/19 players Alex Keath, signed with bushrangers, and Jackson Coleman
clearly a freak

idontcarewhatitsayshere;406518 said:
jmac the only reason you didnt include viola is because you hate the guy
hannan has topped the APS wicket takers list two years in a row, in a competition with Australian u/19 players Alex Keath, signed with bushrangers, and Jackson Coleman
clearly a freak

Did Viola play APS cricket or something after juniors? or did he just stop playing the concentrate on rugby. I completely agree with Hannan, absolute star.

freak_show;406420 said:
my top 5
James Moio
Aidan Young
Aaron Crispe
James Mclean
Sachin Anand

i really hope this isnt james mclean because you're making a fool out of yourself,
mclean's A grade results have been nothing short of extremely average..
and if we want to talk "A grade", i believe seb nicolosi batted in first grade once when he was about 13 against the supposed best attack in the comp and made 32, a score which you have struggled to crack in the past 2 years
obviously a player who would make that list even as a bottom age 17s player before mclean

ari gold;406379 said:
If you are inferring that i am Justin Powick, then you are incorrect as he is swifty_147 and has came out and said that. If you are inferring im Jo Zema, anybody who knows Jo would know he wouldn't indulge in such festivities which is big cricket. Keep guessing, you may get it one day...

Manny's calves side by side with his dinosaur/dog is nothing short of a deadly combination.

Fun Fact: Daniel Cookson has suffered an early pre-season injury to his shin, (aka tony flannagan) chopped down by a female in a vicious game of indoor soccer.

It's ok J, your identity is safe with me. I haven't spilled the beans, I pulled the handbrake on just in time. But am I guessing, or are you? ;)

Love the fun facts! Good addition :D

onemoreover;406579 said:
It's ok J, your identity is safe with me. I haven't spilled the beans, I pulled the handbrake on just in time. But am I guessing, or are you? ;)

Love the fun facts! Good addition :D

I'm sorry to dissapoint you champ, but my name doesn't start with J, surely an intelligent lad like yourself will guess right soon. Happy with the support for the fun facts, i shall keep them coming.

Fun Fact: Mike "Beef/Murder" Wayman is umpiring juniors this year... he won't cheat or show any favouritism :)

ari gold;406651 said:
I'm sorry to dissapoint you champ, but my name doesn't start with J, surely an intelligent lad like yourself will guess right soon. Happy with the support for the fun facts, i shall keep them coming.

Fun Fact: Mike "Beef/Murder" Wayman is umpiring juniors this year... he won't cheat or show any favouritism :)

enjoying the fun facts also ari, cookson has been spotted hobbling around the schoolgrounds therefore there is no doubting your information... not to mention m.wayman confirming himself as a big prospect in the hdca umpiring department claiming he wants to "knock off brett pollard as the number one umpire in the comp" quoted from the horses mouth

Back