ICC Champions Trophy 2009

ICC Champions Trophy 2009 - Winner

• Total voters
Re: ICC Champions Trophy 2009

West Indies were bowled out for 133, a lot more than everyone eas expecting after they fell to 7/47 in the 15th over. Nikita Miller struck 51 batting at number nine to save West Indies from vast embarassment. Darren Sammy made 25 as he and Miller put on 39 for the 8th wicket.

Umar Gul and Mohammad Aamer (who's only 17) snared three wickets each. Gul was on a hat-trick at one point after removing Floyd Reifer and Chadwick Walton from successive balls.

In reply, Pakistan are 2/35 from ten overs and we're currently in the dinner break at the moment. Gavin Tonge has 2/15 from five overs so perhaps the pitch isn't that great to bat on but West Indies still have a lot of work to do to even have a sniff of winning the game.

I really hope they are able to improve their efforts after this match, otherwise they could make a mockery of Group A and I shudder to think what will happen if a weakened West Indies tour Australia, three-day tests could be a possibility.

Interesting to note that the three major umpires for the game are all Australian, Steve Davis and Daryl Harper umpiring in the middle and Simon Taufel on TV duties.

Pakistan got there in the end, they slumped to 5/75 before Umar Akmal saved them with 41 not out. Gavin Tonge finished with 4/25 from ten overs, an impressive return against a reasonble Pakistan batting line-up.

eddiesmith;365795 said:
I hate FOX SPORTS :mad:

The only game not shown for the entire tournament is the one I am most interested in, England v South Africa, every other game is show LIVE with one or 2 on a slight delay but in full, but thats not going to happen with England v South Africa, highlights package only early the next morning or an even briefer highlights the next night
Oh what a shame.

Maybe if they have that press the red button feature to watch other games it might be on that one. Otherwise try SBS (providing they are also part of this comp as one of the fta television stations that are doing this.)

This is going be a rout, these guys are club level players.
I did read something in the Heraldsun about how Ponting is worried at the No Named players from the West Indies.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/c...s-back-for-tests/story-e6frfg8o-1225778927597

Bracken out of Champions Trophy

Australia have suffered a major blow before their first Champions Trophy match with reports that Nathan Bracken has been ruled out of the tournament with a chronic knee injury

More...

a for effort;366351 said:
Got IQ2 installed today :smug grin: no more having to stay up all night to watch it like a sucker

It's great eh? Watch the first half and record the 2nd after bed.

Kiwis going ok at 3 for 142, I think they said that's about a 250 or so wicket.

Geez Taylor struggling at 29 of 70 balls.

Powerplay is on now. They need at least 50 runs if they want to post something competitive but with only one spinner they may struggle.

Geez, that was a quick end to the innings. Changed the the channel for 5 minutes and then it was all over.

schwab2clarkson;366364 said:
I hope that Nathan Bracken can make a speedy but safe recovery from that Knee injury.

me too.

hes just coming back into form too.

Funniest thing I've read all day:

"The pitch is more suited to England bowlers... If they can sneak in two early wickets, particularly Dilshan, they have a realistic chance"

No chance, I can't see England winning this, the team is carrying too much from the previous one day series. The only thing in their favour is that it's not against Australia.

Anyway, England win the toss and will field first.

Back