Money Shield 2012/13

You
[right[/right]
you have to question why so many games were not completed in Money Shield yet most of Barclay got a result

50% rule is an absolute joke, cricket administrators need to promote PLAYING cricket. If the weather is in your favour then so be it, just another negative rule IMO

if we have this rule, then why does the comp allow the other games to complete???? surely they knew by 4pm that 50% of games were not starting?? why let the non-counting games play to a result?? anyone explain this?? reeks of poor admin to me

50% rule is an absolute joke, cricket administrators need to promote PLAYING cricket. If the weather is in your favour then so be it, just another negative rule IMO

if we have this rule, then why does the comp allow the other games to complete???? surely they knew by 4pm that 50% of games were not starting?? why let the non-counting games play to a result?? anyone explain this?? reeks of poor admin to me

I agree and disagree. Firstly, I agree that teams shouldn't play till the close of play if its not going to count as all others (50%) have been washed out, and there should be some form of communication of this, like with the hot weather approach.. In saying that, some may get on the field late, and then come off early due to rain but stick around in the hope they get back on. So it may not always be as simple as we should know by 4pm if all others are washed out. But your comments saying that its poor admin is not correct. Every club has the opportunity to suggest and vote in new rules, and we, as clubs haven't. Therefore it is us that are responsible for this, not the executive. So don't go firing shots at the executive for something that's not their fault.

I agree and disagree. Firstly, I agree that teams shouldn't play till the close of play if its not going to count as all others (50%) have been washed out, and there should be some form of communication of this, like with the hot weather approach.. In saying that, some may get on the field late, and then come off early due to rain but stick around in the hope they get back on. So it may not always be as simple as we should know by 4pm if all others are washed out. But your comments saying that its poor admin is not correct. Every club has the opportunity to suggest and vote in new rules, and we, as clubs haven't. Therefore it is us that are responsible for this, not the executive. So don't go firing shots at the executive for something that's not their fault.
who administers the rules, the clubs?? i think not.

if we have to have the rule, administer it. dont let clubs complete matches that wont count. at least tell them so they can decide if they wish to continue on or not!

i agree it can happen when teams are on and off due to weather, but this was CLEARLY not the case in money shield yesterday

Yep it is and I'm sure tongs the half dvca half eltham cc rep will sook up at end of season that the 3 points eltham missed out on cost them a finals spot just like last year!! Good rule cos why should 4 clubs be robbed of opportunity to win a game due to weather? One in, all in.. Just lucky I guess for mont and lp

Yep it is and I'm sure tongs the half dvca half eltham cc rep will sook up at end of season that the 3 points eltham missed out on cost them a finals spot just like last year!! Good rule cos why should 4 clubs be robbed of opportunity to win a game due to weather? One in, all in.. Just lucky I guess for mont and lp

based on that if one game is called off, you cancel the round? why should one or two clubs be robbed of same oppurtunity??

its luck of the draw, the way it should always be, how can this comp be taken seriously when we cancel completed matches!! and cancel all the records, could be someones high score, just cancel it as other games get washed out, its wrong!!!!!!

and we bag other comps, 50% rule and new ball at 200, 2 of the worst rules in any comps history

who administers the rules, the clubs?? i think not.

if we have to have the rule, administer it. dont let clubs complete matches that wont count. at least tell them so they can decide if they wish to continue on or not!

i agree it can happen when teams are on and off due to weather, but this was CLEARLY not the case in money shield yesterday

You're a tool. They administer the rules that the clubs vote in!

Look, it's cost my club 3 points and a huge win, we are shattered that it doesn't count. But the rules are the rules, that we have all decided on. Sometimes it works for you, some times against. You'll never please anybody!

As for the 200 runs and you get a new ball. That went out a few years ago. Get with the times!

He's not over the moon, as it was his first 1st XI ton, but as we got 3 points, we'll take it.
I really feel for him, and others who have big hauls or runs taken off them. I saw him go from 45 to 135 in about 35minutes. Just clubbed them.

I think if the one day game gets played out then it should count. If its the first day of a two day game, pull the pin at tea if its likley that not 50% will play. That way it doesn't ruin the game the next week.

The point I was making was why were 4 games called off ? Macleod played and got a result yet no play at Rosanna or Heidelberg just down the road . Premature calling off the game perhaps by either captains or umps ? Just curious ....

The point I was making was why were 4 games called off ? Macleod played and got a result yet no play at Rosanna or Heidelberg just down the road . Premature calling off the game perhaps by either captains or umps ? Just curious ....

Perhaps it was an incorrect decision at Macleod.
They also played a shortened game there; perhaps the captains at Heidelberg and Rosanna didn't know and/or trust each other well enough to risk the other breaking a gentlemens agreement.

You're a tool. They administer the rules that the clubs vote in!

Look, it's cost my club 3 points and a huge win, we are shattered that it doesn't count. But the rules are the rules, that we have all decided on. Sometimes it works for you, some times against. You'll never please anybody!

As for the 200 runs and you get a new ball. That went out a few years ago. Get with the times!

i'm a tool and you agree with me!, feel better calling me names?? why dont you just read what i wrote.

If we have to have the rule, administer it properly! There should be NO circumstance ever in cricket where a result is cancelled.

If the rule is there then It's up to the comp administrators to ensure that results are not achieved on days like saturday. If results are achieved they should always stand.

People forget its park cricket too often, promote the game, lets play!

as for teams missing out on points, the draw is unfair anyway, missing 3 pts this round is no different to drawing an easybeat in 1 dayer, where potentially you miss 4!!

What goes around comes around, always has always will.

They also played a shortened game there; perhaps the captains at Heidelberg and Rosanna didn't know and/or trust each other well enough to risk the other breaking a gentlemens agreement.

How can it possibly be an incorrect decision to PLAY?? what are we here for?? to not play?

a shortened game is better than no game, i would have thought.

If there was no 50% rule, clubs would be putting in more effort to play, simple.

Sales behind the bar suggest otherwise.

Irony of that is, first sight of rain, players want to hit the bar, they have 1 or 2 then go home.

they play cricket , have 4 or 5 after the match, throw in the supporters hanging around and the club wins.

why we have rules to negate play is beyond me

There should have been no play at Macleod either, at 2:30pm it was still raining & both teams said if we start now there's point in playing at all, so they played in the rain for the next hour trying to get a result which they did. Credit to both captains for having a dip.

Back