New Zealand in Australia

Re: New Zealand in Australia

namdarb;322586 said:
Aaaaawwww. The poor little ************. If you are not performing you get dropped. All this cotton wool treatment of younger players is ****************.

This isn't "cotton wool treatment". This is sensible player management with an eye to the future. Warner has shown that he has the ability to make big scores very quickly against world class attacks. He is capable of scoring anywhere on the ground (despite what some on here have claimed, while cow-corner is his favourite area, he is also very good at dropping and running, and he can drive all around the park, cut, glance and play orthodox pull shots as well). His problem is putting it all together on the big stage, and the only way to do that is through match practice on the big stage.

If, by the end of the series, he hasn't impressed much, fine, don't pick him for our next ODI series. But to drop him mid-series when no other openers are really pushing to get a spot in the side after what has not been a particularly disappointing set of performances so far (2 very good innings in the T20 and ODI formats, and one very unluckily cut short in which he was looking fantastic, and a few early failures), would not be smart player management in my humble opinion.

namdarb;322586 said:
Aaaaawwww. The poor little ************. If you are not performing you get dropped. All this cotton wool treatment of younger players is ****************.

This isn't "cotton wool treatment". This is sensible player management with an eye to the future. Warner has shown that he has the ability to make big scores very quickly against world class attacks. He is capable of scoring anywhere on the ground (despite what some on here have claimed, while cow-corner is his favourite area, he is also very good at dropping and running, and he can drive all around the park, cut, glance and play orthodox pull shots as well). His problem is putting it all together on the big stage, and the only way to do that is through match practice on the big stage.

If, by the end of the series, he hasn't impressed much, fine, don't pick him for our next ODI series. But to drop him mid-series when no other openers are really pushing to get a spot in the side after what has not been a particularly disappointing set of performances so far (2 very good innings in the T20 and ODI formats, and one very unluckily cut short in which he was looking fantastic, and a few early failures), would not be smart player management in my humble opinion.

BabyBlues;322608 said:
That's why he tore Dale Steyn to shreds on debut, right?

Steyn bowled him for 7 in the next 20/20 and had him caught behind by Boucher for 5 on his ODI debut in Tasmania..

One game doesn't make a player.

BabyBlues;322608 said:
That's why he tore Dale Steyn to shreds on debut, right?

Steyn bowled him for 7 in the next 20/20 and had him caught behind by Boucher for 5 on his ODI debut in Tasmania..

One game doesn't make a player.

Warner is an average cricket. He is a slogger and that's all. Hughes and Katich are both better.

I don't mind if Warner plays though, the series is over, who really cares. I'd just like to see Hughes in for Ferguson with Clarke back down the order. Next series though, Warner must not play.

Warner is an average cricket. He is a slogger and that's all. Hughes and Katich are both better.

I don't mind if Warner plays though, the series is over, who really cares. I'd just like to see Hughes in for Ferguson with Clarke back down the order. Next series though, Warner must not play.

I don't think you can drop Ferguson after his debut , which from what I can gather did nothing wrong ??

At the moment I would like to see the order as:

Clarke
Hughes instead of Warner
Ponting instead of C. White
M. Hussey
Haddin
Ferguson
D. Hussey
Hopes
Johnson
Bracken
A. Bird instead of Hilfenhaus

I do not rate Cameron White as a cricketer at all!
His batting is hit and hope and best.
His bowling is fairly pox, he doesn't turn it so gets played like a slow medium pacer.
And in the field, he seems to laze about at first slip a lot.

I don't think you can drop Ferguson after his debut , which from what I can gather did nothing wrong ??

At the moment I would like to see the order as:

Clarke
Hughes instead of Warner
Ponting instead of C. White
M. Hussey
Haddin
Ferguson
D. Hussey
Hopes
Johnson
Bracken
A. Bird instead of Hilfenhaus

I do not rate Cameron White as a cricketer at all!
His batting is hit and hope and best.
His bowling is fairly pox, he doesn't turn it so gets played like a slow medium pacer.

fmr_13;322743 said:

He comes off as a lazy man, but he is not.

What is he meant to do at first slip other than wait for an edge to fly his way?

fmr_13;322743 said:

He comes off as a lazy man, but he is not.

What is he meant to do at first slip other than wait for an edge to fly his way?

I don't belive Warner is an average cricketer, he could be very good in years to come but I wouldn't play him today. He needs more time at domestic level.

My line-up would be:

Clarke
Hughes
Ponting
M Hussey
Ferguson
White
Haddin
Hopes
Johnson
Bracken
McGain

Give Hughes and McGain a bit of a run before chucking the into test cricket.

And can people please stop puting Bird in their team, he chucks, he can't play.

I don't belive Warner is an average cricketer, he could be very good in years to come but I wouldn't play him today. He needs more time at domestic level.

My line-up would be:

Clarke
Hughes
Ponting
M Hussey
Ferguson
White
Haddin
Hopes
Johnson
Bracken
McGain

Give Hughes and McGain a bit of a run before chucking the into test cricket.

And can people please stop puting Bird in their team, he chucks, he can't play.

Not live on WIN and some doco is on ATM :rolleyes:

And give Voges a go already, White and D.Hussey get another game :rolleyes:

Not live on WIN and some doco is on ATM :rolleyes:

And give Voges a go already, White and D.Hussey get another game :rolleyes:

Thanks. That's a joke, fair enough on work days but on the weekend it should be live.

Thanks. That's a joke, fair enough on work days but on the weekend it should be live.

Jeez, these two have been might impressive thus far albeit a bit lucky.

It's about time they started taking on the spinners. Jeetan patel got smacked for six off his first ball.

Hopefully they can finally take advantage of the batting power play and register a big score.

Jeez, these two have been might impressive thus far albeit a bit lucky.

It's about time they started taking on the spinners. Jeetan patel got smacked for six off his first ball.

Hopefully they can finally take advantage of the batting power play and register a big score.

Haddin doing very well.

Clarke showing some aggression.

McCullum in all sorts of strife with his shoulder.

122/0 after 21.3

Haddin doing very well.

Clarke showing some aggression.

McCullum in all sorts of strife with his shoulder.

122/0 after 21.3

Ch 9 are showing the game on delay into Queensland, might have something to do with the special news edition regarding the bushfires.

AUS 157/1 (29th Over)

Ch 9 are showing the game on delay into Queensland, might have something to do with the special news edition regarding the bushfires.

AUS 157/1 (29th Over)

Haddin just chips a 6 down the wicket, then sends one over cover for a couple more.

98*

I would of sent in Mike Hussey after Ponting went out. He is the only other bloke in the line up with some sort of form.

Cruising along 2/184 with the batting power play to come

Haddin just chips a 6 down the wicket, then sends one over cover for a couple more.

98*

I would of sent in Mike Hussey after Ponting went out. He is the only other bloke in the line up with some sort of form.

Cruising along 2/184 with the batting power play to come

Well Channel 9 have cut to John Brumby when Haddin is on 99* for a mumbling little words, didn't seem like he was ready.

And now they are cutting back to him, geeze

Well Channel 9 have cut to John Brumby when Haddin is on 99* for a mumbling little words, didn't seem like he was ready.

And now they are cutting back to him, geeze

Back