North A And B

Re: North A and B 2010/11

Guru14;409743 said:
Chee, I certainly wouldn't expect to go undefeated and I know as a club we would be very happy to play and achieve the same result as we did last year. Players to watch out for, well we had a guy make 600 plus runs last year together with 2 others over 300. 2 Blokes take in excess of 20 wickets and 3 others in the mid to high teens. The club prides itself on producing competitive sides who are extremely focused on a positive result which added up to us having a successful year last year. Having said that we have lost 3 of our kids to distrcit clubs but we have and still are recruiting strongly. Fingers crossed that work will certainly cover our losses. We are really looking forward to the season and I can honestly say what youn read on here is me having a laugh, so I wouldn't take it too seriously. I did notice Tulla has picked up Ryan Archillies from North melbourne,who from all reports can play. Good luck to him as I think he will make a big difference to Tulla.

Good stuff Guru, that definitely sounds like you've got some players there who will do very well this season. It's going to be a really interesting season, let's hope it gets underway this weekend.

Guru14;409754 said:
The big Z coming back will have everyone excited at Tulla. Now he's a great guy and a great competitor, always in the game and I know when we played him we were very happy to see the back of him. Is there any other chances at Tulla or apart from these two it's pretty much the same out fit.

On the VTCA website looks like they have an import as well but have no idea who he is

Guru14;409743 said:
Chee, I certainly wouldn't expect to go undefeated and I know as a club we would be very happy to play and achieve the same result as we did last year. Players to watch out for, well we had a guy make 600 plus runs last year together with 2 others over 300. 2 Blokes take in excess of 20 wickets and 3 others in the mid to high teens. The club prides itself on producing competitive sides who are extremely focused on a positive result which added up to us having a successful year last year. Having said that we have lost 3 of our kids to distrcit clubs but we have and still are recruiting strongly. Fingers crossed that work will certainly cover our losses. We are really looking forward to the season and I can honestly say what youn read on here is me having a laugh, so I wouldn't take it too seriously. I did notice Tulla has picked up Ryan Archillies from North melbourne,who from all reports can play. Good luck to him as I think he will make a big difference to Tulla.

What does Archillies do. Has he been re-incarnated? I thought he died in the battle of Troy. Did he play one's or two's. Is he an all-rounder. Bat or bowler. Is he a sharp bowler. Cause they will need someone who can bowl quick if they want to make a statement in finals. The Z man has great economy but Tulla will need someone at the other end firing bullets for there bowling attack to be effective.
There import is Flintstone Elstone. Probably some bloke from the minor leagues. In which case he can't play cricket. Ho Hum.

according to my cricket played mainly 2's and 3's and ave about 20. So nothing major but should go well in our comp

Pump;409791 said:
according to my cricket played mainly 2's and 3's and ave about 20. So nothing major but should go well in our comp

You are kidding surely.Another also ran Likely.

4 mine St Albans are the only team that you could lock in as a top 4 side , they simply have too much $$$ Clutton N Macca could play Senior division !

Tulla seem strong with Z back he will add plenty !

Footscray sound like they have kept there list and also added an import so id say they will be up there again

Then its a raffle for the rest of the teams every team has at least 1 or 2 match winners im hoping the Bears can mix it with the rest of the comp

Add another gun 2 St Albans team Sam Patels younger brother who plays county 1s Gun Bat an spinner ! Fair to say they will be strong

cutoverslips46;409721 said:
What's the feeling on if we will get a start this Saturday? Will your ground/wicket be ready?

There seems to be lots of reports coming out that there are some councils/grounds that won't be ready for this week! As much as it pains me to say this but are we better off to start next week and play round 1 on the reserve day provided? I would think if there are a chunk of grounds not ready the VTCA will call it off again for this week, albeit disappointing we are probably better off than playing on under prepared wickets and grounds. What's your thoughts guys!

FatMan_fromthe_Valley;409849 said:
I'd play on steam rolled hippo shit if it meant playing cricket or not.

GOLD!!!!!!!!!!

In saying that driving around over the past few days & looking at all turf grounds hardly any of them were ready......Massive chance at playing the reserver week boys.

WADCA was called off yesterday!!!!

if you guys are called off any 1 interested in a praccy match.......????

pm me

Dingo_Jones;409789 said:
What does Archillies do. Has he been re-incarnated? I thought he died in the battle of Troy. Did he play one's or two's. Is he an all-rounder. Bat or bowler. Is he a sharp bowler. Cause they will need someone who can bowl quick if they want to make a statement in finals. The Z man has great economy but Tulla will need someone at the other end firing bullets for there bowling attack to be effective.
There import is Flintstone Elstone. Probably some bloke from the minor leagues. In which case he can't play cricket. Ho Hum.

archillies.......is a tendon that connects your lower leg to the top of your heal.......very nasty if they snap........:eek:

Starting to become a bit of a joke this, local footy leagues finished how many weeks ago now, and grounds still not going to be ready. Oh well more time to sink some bevvies then. :D

weapons05/06;409907 said:
archillies.......is a tendon that connects your lower leg to the top of your heal.......very nasty if they snap........:eek:

not too flash with an arrow head sticking out of it either.

Docta;409913 said:
Starting to become a bit of a joke this, local footy leagues finished how many weeks ago now, and grounds still not going to be ready. Oh well more time to sink some bevvies then. :D

Heard a rumour Avondale's ground (canning street) will be top dressed wednesday 6th, with something like 100 metres plus being dumped on it. So thats this sat gone even though track would be aok. Bit of a late decision there. However curator (the best in the district) will be happy to have an extra weeks preparation I expect.

Guru14;409839 said:
There seems to be lots of reports coming out that there are some councils/grounds that won't be ready for this week! As much as it pains me to say this but are we better off to start next week and play round 1 on the reserve day provided? I would think if there are a chunk of grounds not ready the VTCA will call it off again for this week, albeit disappointing we are probably better off than playing on under prepared wickets and grounds. What's your thoughts guys!

Better off playing on under prepared wickets are we Guru? Is that so your boys can have an advantage. No thanks I want to protect my batting average of 4.:D

its crunch time;409800 said:
add another gun 2 st albans team sam patels younger brother who plays county 1s gun bat an spinner ! Fair to say they will be strong

lets hope he doesnt have a gambling problem like his brother or else he mite be back on the first fight home, also heard footscray united mite have a gun opener coming there way that they dont even know about but is keen to return to the vtca and has a few friends down there

Dingo_Jones;409934 said:
Better off playing on under prepared wickets are we Guru? Is that so your boys can have an advantage. No thanks I want to protect my batting average of 4.:D

Boys you'll find round 1 will be called off by today. This all equates to dragging our bums out on the 19th December for round 1!! Clubs had until 10am to advise the progress of their wickets and as of last night 17 of 23 were no good! Dingo, never an advocate of playing on under prepared wickets. Too many variables given our games are spread over 2 weeks. The game should never be decided by the toss because of the wicket.

smack that;409948 said:
lets hope he doesnt have a gambling problem like his brother or else he mite be back on the first fight home, also heard footscray united mite have a gun opener coming there way that they dont even know about but is keen to return to the vtca and has a few friends down there

Hey Smack That, is that first flight or first fight? If he likes to box 0n a bit, well he's come to the right place.:eek:

Back