North Division 10/11

Keilor Park and Strathmore will be a ripper of a game, only dissapointing that it will be played on a very average deck out at KP. In saying that however it may suit Kennedy's bowling. Will go with Strathmore by a narrow margin.

Hoppers and Altona Nth wont be as good a game, Altona Nth coming off a flogging might be a little down on confidance but hopefully they will lift and it is a good tight game. Given it has been a while since sides have played two day games, anything is possible.

Correct with everything said! And it's true about the 2 dayer!
Hopefully this rain buggers off and let's the curators get a good week on the decks with some cut grass in the outfields.
Been a lack of good decks abd good outfields with this crap run of weather!

Keilor Park and Strathmore will be a ripper of a game, only dissapointing that it will be played on a very average deck out at KP. In saying that however it may suit Kennedy's bowling. Will go with Strathmore by a narrow margin.

Hoppers and Altona Nth wont be as good a game, Altona Nth coming off a flogging might be a little down on confidance but hopefully they will lift and it is a good tight game. Given it has been a while since sides have played two day games, anything is possible.

The joys of having a good year and finishing second.
You get a home final and prepare whatever pitch you want......
Dont know what was wrong with it Saturday. KP made 190 odd.....

The joys of having a good year and finishing second.
You get a home final and prepare whatever pitch you want......
Dont know what was wrong with it Saturday. KP made 190 odd.....

The fact it was going sideways for the first 30 overs was probably what was wrong with it. The toss made a difference to the gulf between the teams, although not the result as Altona North were horrible.

The fact it was going sideways for the first 30 overs was probably what was wrong with it. The toss made a difference to the gulf between the teams, although not the result as Altona North were horrible.

i agree with a bit of movement early but some of the attempted shots by AN batsmen were at best questionable.

Hoppers and Strathmore into the Grand Final, this should be a ripping game. This should be four days of enthralling cricket. Can't wait to get down there for a look.
Wonder who were the chockers in the Hoppers V Altona Nth game ANCC??

CLUB: Werribee Centrals Cricket Club

Position Sought: Senior Playing/non playing Coachfor season 2011-2012

Association: VTCA, WDCA, WRJCA(JUNIOR CRICKET)

Number of Senior Teams: 2 X Mens Turf North A Division VTCA
1 x Senior Mens VTCA
3 x Senior Mens WDCA B Matting, C Matting, D Matting

Number of Junior Teams & Grades: 10 junior teams WRJCA plus In2 Cricket Program

Accreditation Required: Level 2 preferred with min 2 years experience

Key Selection Criteria:
Bring an enthusiastic attitude to a group of players willing to train hard
Have excellent Management and Leadership skills
Ability to organise and commit to all Training sessions and Games
Ability to develop youth
Ability to sustain positive club culture and achieve success on and off field
Attend all Club Functions
Be able to Communicate with a willing Committee and highly motivated players
Be capable of performing in the Senior Mens First XI in North A1 Divison

Other Information:
Position is for Coach of Senior Cricket Club only
Contract and Remuneration Negotiable
Applications handled in a confidential manner

Club Competing to be best side in Western Suburbs
Proud Club
Competed in highest level ever achieved by club in Season 10/11 (North Division)
Newly Renovated Clubrooms capable of hosting functions of 200 people
4 Net Facilities available, bowling machine and excellent oval including a 4 pitch table

Key Contacts: Applicants email details, brief playing, coaching credentials and any further required information to President Ashley Clarke at lowcost@convey.com.au

Club website: MyCricket: Werribee Centrals

Hoppers and Strathmore into the Grand Final, this should be a ripping game. This should be four days of enthralling cricket. Can't wait to get down there for a look.
Wonder who were the chockers in the Hoppers V Altona Nth game ANCC??
Fair to say we choked, but if you look deeper we had 6 players 19 or under and 4 players in their early 20's. I don't care what anyone says but to me that's a very young side, especially for a 1's team.
By the way we weren't the only ones to choke a bit. Hoppers, who lived up to their name of choking, were 1/90 odd and absolutely flying, ended up capitulating and being bowled out for 178 on a deck that a par score would be 240. Then to be 2/100 in return, game was safe to say close to over, and they knew it. If it wasn't for Gav (formerly a north player and hopefully again in the future) they would never have got back in the game. After that, some good bowling by the leggy and well the rest is history. We only have ourselves to blame for how we batted after tea.
So for the grand final, my tip is Strathmore to win because they have the best player in the competition (kennedy) and they have a couple handy batters (james', kennedy). The only reason they might lose will be the lack of firepower in their bowling, but i'm guessing hoppers will choke when they bat so that won't mean much. :p Whereas hoppers, rely on too little players (fawad and gav) and are just natural chokers and a pack of individuals. Even though they finished 1st for the season and probably have a better team on paper, just can't see them winning. Having played both teams twice this season, I know strathmore will win this one.

Fair to say we choked, but if you look deeper we had 6 players 19 or under and 4 players in their early 20's. I don't care what anyone says but to me that's a very young side, especially for a 1's team.
By the way we weren't the only ones to choke a bit. Hoppers, who lived up to their name of choking, were 1/90 odd and absolutely flying, ended up capitulating and being bowled out for 178 on a deck that a par score would be 240. Then to be 2/100 in return, game was safe to say close to over, and they knew it. If it wasn't for Gav (formerly a north player and hopefully again in the future) they would never have got back in the game. After that, some good bowling by the leggy and well the rest is history. We only have ourselves to blame for how we batted after tea.
So for the grand final, my tip is Strathmore to win because they have the best player in the competition (kennedy) and they have a couple handy batters (james', kennedy). The only reason they might lose will be the lack of firepower in their bowling, but i'm guessing hoppers will choke when they bat so that won't mean much. :p Whereas hoppers, rely on too little players (fawad and gav) and are just natural chokers and a pack of individuals. Even though they finished 1st for the season and probably have a better team on paper, just can't see them winning. Having played both teams twice this season, I know strathmore will win this one.

Do those grapes taste sour CA?
Didn't Gav play all his juniors at Hoppers and only go to AN for a year or two?????????

Do those grapes taste sour CA?
Didn't Gav play all his juniors at Hoppers and only go to AN for a year or two?????????

Thats true. No sour grapes from us, we played well for 3 of the 4 sessions and that doesnt win you games.. pretty simple really, and Credit to Hoppers. Although without Gav they wouldnt have won because the rest of the team showed very little fight and he carried them back into the game..

who are the key men for strathmore?
besides the obvious on the results vault stats dont give a great deal away due to the strange year we've had.
Gmac bowling heat, will the gold and blue have the batting to counter this?
should be a cracker.. Go Hoppers!

Back