Northern Metropolitan Cricket Association (Jika)

Re: Northern Metropolitan Cricket Association (Jika)

Preston Druids making waves!!!!
From the club website 03/06/2009
Captain/Coach appointed season 2009/10

It is with great pleasure to announce Michael Butera as Captain/Coach for 2009/2010 season.

Michael is a quality person with a cricketing background at district level.

What Michael brings to the club, is a not only strong focus & playing ethic but also, skills development from the bottom up, beginning with fitness and a disciplined approach to all facets of the game.

As you will see from the attached letter from Michael and detailed winter fitness scheduled, he is focused on a positive start to training, leading into the season.

Michael will be at the AGM on June 16th, 2009 where he will present the vision for the coming year.

Come to the AGM and welcome Michael to our club.

Go Druids

Campaigner;351817 said:
Preston Druids making waves!!!!
From the club website 03/06/2009
Captain/Coach appointed season 2009/10

It is with great pleasure to announce Michael Butera as Captain/Coach for 2009/2010 season.

Michael is a quality person with a cricketing background at district level.

What Michael brings to the club, is a not only strong focus & playing ethic but also, skills development from the bottom up, beginning with fitness and a disciplined approach to all facets of the game.

As you will see from the attached letter from Michael and detailed winter fitness scheduled, he is focused on a positive start to training, leading into the season.

Michael will be at the AGM on June 16th, 2009 where he will present the vision for the coming year.

Come to the AGM and welcome Michael to our club.

Go Druids

He would not come cheap. Plenty $$$$$ would be required to attract him down at the tip.

Word on the grapevine is that local Socials youngster Joel Simmons is headed to Cobras.

This is from the DVCA website. It looks like it is up to the DVCA clubs now but it looks like bye bye Camrea Taipans:

04/06/2009
In accordance with the DVCA Constitution and the Associations Incorporation Act I hereby give notice of a Special Meeting of club delegates to be held at Bundoora Cricket Club at 7.30pm on Monday 29 June 2009.

At this meeting clubs will be asked to listen to a presentation from Camrea Taipans CC and then to vote on permitting Camrea Taipans to join the DVCA in season 2009/10.

If the resolution is accepted by clubs then Camrea Taipans 1st 1X will be fixtured into the Money Shield fixture for 2009/10. Other teams nominated by Camrea Taipans will be subject to the same grading process as all other DVCA clubs.

The DVCA Executive has seen the presentation and has been most impressed with its professionalism and the overall strength of character of the club and its delegates.

The DVCA Executive strongly recommends that the resolution be accepted. Please be reminded that, in accordance with DVCA Rule 12(6) a club delegate or acting delegate must attend this meeting. Failure to do so will incur a $50 fine.

water_boy;351916 said:
Word on the grapevine is that local Socials youngster Joel Simmons is headed to Cobras.
News just in, Simmons back to Socials

Snake;351923 said:
This is from the DVCA website. It looks like it is up to the DVCA clubs now but it looks like bye bye Camrea Taipans:

04/06/2009
In accordance with the DVCA Constitution and the Associations Incorporation Act I hereby give notice of a Special Meeting of club delegates to be held at Bundoora Cricket Club at 7.30pm on Monday 29 June 2009.

At this meeting clubs will be asked to listen to a presentation from Camrea Taipans CC and then to vote on permitting Camrea Taipans to join the DVCA in season 2009/10.

If the resolution is accepted by clubs then Camrea Taipans 1st 1X will be fixtured into the Money Shield fixture for 2009/10. Other teams nominated by Camrea Taipans will be subject to the same grading process as all other DVCA clubs.

The DVCA Executive has seen the presentation and has been most impressed with its professionalism and the overall strength of character of the club and its delegates.

The DVCA Executive strongly recommends that the resolution be accepted. Please be reminded that, in accordance with DVCA Rule 12(6) a club delegate or acting delegate must attend this meeting. Failure to do so will incur a $50 fine.

Lock in the next decade for Parkers success. It will remind everyone of the good old days.
:p:p

water_boy;351916 said:

Word on the grapevine is that the waterboy is my mum.

canplay1;351827 said:
He would not come cheap. Plenty $$$$$ would be required to attract him down at the tip.
The tip? I thought wew were stopping the childish comments? I believe he is only coaching just like former Test batsman Paul Hibbert did last year before his sad passing

Bartos;351978 said:
The tip? I thought wew were stopping the childish comments? I believe he is only coaching just like former Test batsman Paul Hibbert did last year before his sad passing
How much are you on champ

canplay1;351827 said:

Druids is also Butera's 4th club in 4 seasons. I give them until Christmas. By then I reckon they'll be looking for a way to offload him.

French Cut;351365 said:
silly mid-on;351353 said:
I can tell you right now....Jesensek is off to a "B" grade club in Jika for a fair Pay packet....

Mr French Cut how wrong you are.....Take it from someone who knows... Alex Jesensek will be coaching Lalor Stars for the next two seasons...Fact keep your eye on there(dvca) web site later today for the news...

I can also tell you an x Jika medalest player will be heading to W.A Smith reserve as well..

Well done to the Lalor Star boys thats a great pick up for them..

The Wizz;352050 said:
French Cut;351365 said:
silly mid-on;351353 said:
I can tell you right now....Jesensek is off to a "B" grade club in Jika for a fair Pay packet....

Mr French Cut how wrong you are.....Take it from someone who knows... Alex Jesensek will be coaching Lalor Stars for the next two seasons...Fact keep your eye on there(dvca) web site later today for the news...

I can also tell you an x Jika medalest player will be heading to W.A Smith reserve as well..

Well done to the Lalor Star boys thats a great pick up for them..

whilst it may appear the jika will struggle next season, dont despair, it will bounce back....the 2 power clubs have gone, and their power will too.

in 5 years the nmca will be strong and vibrant, camrea still in money shield, and rosebank on the verge of collapse. which kid wants to play for a reservoir based club in the hdca???? most kids like to play against familiar faces, ie mates from school

onwards and upwards for the nmca

northmetroboy;352055 said:
The Wizz;352050 said:
French Cut;351365 said:
whilst it may appear the jika will struggle next season, dont despair, it will bounce back....the 2 power clubs have gone, and their power will too.

in 5 years the nmca will be strong and vibrant, camrea still in money shield, and rosebank on the verge of collapse. which kid wants to play for a reservoir based club in the hdca???? most kids like to play against familiar faces, ie mates from school

That's a good attitude to have, work towards making the comp better, rather than despairing.

The Wizz;352050 said:
French Cut;351365 said:

Onwards & upwards for NMCA??????? The competition in one Off season will lose players such as Jesensek, Bubis, Mgcann, Berak, Altis, Perera, Plumpton Sampimon, Christofoli, Larsen, Harvey, Lancaster,Perera,Sticca etc etc etc etc.
They will be replaced by star players such as Terpou, Mcniece SNR, Kandage, Luisetto,Brian & Chris White,Clohessy, Pickles, Martin, Xidias, Montgomery etc etc etc.
If you think that the competition is better off & on the way up as a result of the clubs and players leaving you are sadly mistaken.
Im shattered to think that our competition will have little if any quality teams/players for the future. We have fought hard with both clubs leaving and have been successful at it. We will miss the battles on the field and a few drinks off the field.
Northmetroboy you have obviously have alot of hatred for for the clubs that have left and i reckon you are very bitter because they must have pumped you that many times that you probably need therapy.
So get over it and prepare for another era of success down at Donath.

Breaking News...
04/06/2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So whats going on here

Who has left?
Who should, would and could go up From "B" grade to "A"?

Ive heard Rosebank and Camera have left!!!

Id imagine that the 08/09 season "B" grade Premiers and Runners up (Lalor and cobras) would and should go up to "A" Grade.

canplay1;352062 said:
The Wizz;352050 said:
Onwards & upwards for NMCA??????? The competition in one Off season will lose players such as Jesensek, Bubis, Mgcann, Berak, Altis, Perera, Plumpton Sampimon, Christofoli, Larsen, Harvey, Lancaster,Perera,Sticca etc etc etc etc.
They will be replaced by star players such as Terpou, Mcniece SNR, Kandage, Luisetto,Brian & Chris White,Clohessy, Pickles, Martin, Xidias, Montgomery etc etc etc.
If you think that the competition is better off & on the way up as a result of the clubs and players leaving you are sadly mistaken.
Im shattered to think that our competition will have little if any quality teams/players for the future. We have fought hard with both clubs leaving and have been successful at it. We will miss the battles on the field and a few drinks off the field.
Northmetroboy you have obviously have alot of hatred for for the clubs that have left and i reckon you are very bitter because they must have pumped you that many times that you probably need therapy.

Were is Mgcann going,.

I played with him a few years ago, very good cricketer

Billy;352066 said:
Breaking News...
04/06/2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So whats going on here

Who has left?
Who should, would and could go up From "B" grade to "A"?

Ive heard Rosebank and Camera have left!!!

Id imagine that the 08/09 season "B" grade Premiers and Runners up (Lalor and cobras) would and should go up to "A" Grade.

Might pay to read back a few pages Billy, this has been going on for some time now.

canplay1;352062 said:
The Wizz;352050 said:

one of those blokes is under 30!...they will be replaced....a few lean seasons ahead no doubt, but the comp will survive and thrive in the end

hatred not so sure, but i do like stating the obvious about those 2 clubs, like they ruined the comp with their cash and look whats happened!!!!!!!!!

northmetroboy;352071 said:
canplay1;352062 said:
one of those blokes is under 30!...they will be replaced....a few lean seasons ahead no doubt, but the comp will survive and thrive in the end

hatred not so sure, but i do like stating the obvious about those 2 clubs, like they ruined the comp with their cash and look whats happened!!!!!!!!!

Everyone pays cash, you know that. Northcote Utd paid around 15k for a bunch of hacks, Northern Socials 5k and continue to offer good coin to try and lure some players, with little success. Druids pay even though they wont admit it. Everyone pays including the lower grades so dont let confuse the issue. I just cant see how the comp will thrive let alone survive.
Stop being delusional and face reality because unless something drastic were to happen there will be some dark days ahead.

canplay1;352074 said:
northmetroboy;352071 said:
canplay1;352062 said:
Everyone pays cash, you know that. Northcote Utd paid around 15k for a bunch of hacks, Northern Socials 5k and continue to offer good coin to try and lure some players, with little success. Druids pay even though they wont admit it. Everyone pays including the lower grades so dont let confuse the issue. I just cant see how the comp will thrive let alone survive.
Stop being delusional and face reality because unless something drastic were to happen there will be some dark days ahead.

agreed, dark days ahead, but there is light at the end of the tunnel....we have 2 of the more influential clubs in terms of rule changes/changers GONE.

Back