Northern Metropolitan Cricket Association (Jika)

Re: Northern Metropolitan Cricket Association (Jika)

Canplay1...............

Mate, remember it's not the end of the world.......it's park cricket......anywhere below District Cricket and it's all about some personal enjoyment, building friendships, and commitment to a club.

Who really cares what club's pay....especially throughout the NMCA.

Geez, some clubs implode by virtue of the money they spend...others look at using payment to actually coach players and kids.

As Northmetro boy says...so be it....the Association is bigger than anything else...treat the kids at your club right....ask them to play for the "right reasons".

Don't be so delusional....get a life....get over it...enjoy your cricket and let the so-called era of domination begin at Donath.....by the way Keon Park, I assume it's your club, do they pay?

By the way the NMCA AGM is on 24 June at 7.30pm....get your nomination in and then make a difference....don't whinge over it all.....looks like you are the only one that can avert these "Dark Days ahead"......

northmetroboy;352071 said:
canplay1;352062 said:
northmetroboy;352055 said:
one of those blokes is under 30!...they will be replaced....a few lean seasons ahead no doubt, but the comp will survive and thrive in the end

hatred not so sure, but i do like stating the obvious about those 2 clubs, like they ruined the comp with their cash and look whats happened!!!!!!!!!

i can already name 3 players under 30 in that list mate

Berak
Altis
Chamil Perera

canplay1;352062 said:
one of those blokes is under 30!...they will be replaced....a few lean seasons ahead no doubt, but the comp will survive and thrive in the end

hatred not so sure, but i do like stating the obvious about those 2 clubs, like they ruined the comp with their cash and look whats happened!!!!!!!!!

It is terribly disappointing that 2 strongly performed clubs have decided to move on to greener pastures or so they believe.Yes the NMCA will survive and there is no reason why that some of these blokes cant be targeted for recruitment in the future.I would assume that some players will stay within the NMCA also.What I cant understand is that over the last dozen or so years at least 4 teams have moved to the DVCA and 1 to the HDCA.All of them are strong teams and reasonably strong clubs.This is a massive problem that hasnt been resolved in that time.Were these clubs so demanding,stubborn or selfish?Or did the competition let them down by lack of foresight and/or weak leadership?What we hear from afar is that some clubs resolve to bullying tactics.We also hear of kangaroo court type executive decisions being made.I wouldnt have a clue how true these rumblings are but I do know that none of this would ever eventuate if there was a strong and committed executive at the helm.

agreed, dark days ahead, but there is light at the end of the tunnel....we have 2 of the more influential clubs in terms of rule changes/changers GONE.

I think you will find the rule changer is still there, isnt he? Need we go over old ground.
Campaigner ........ Yes we do pay and will admit to it.

Canplay1..........

Easy up on NMB......whether he is from Northcote Utd or not, it doesn't really matter!!! Personal attacks aren't warranted, no matter who you speculate NMB is or where he comes from.

I would not necessarily believe KP are automatically home...there are still 14 rounds in the season and a few finals that need to be negotiated.....funnier things have happened.

Baseballers being shot is another matter.....sure they lack manpower....and with other long term players are moving on then they are going to have it tough for a while!!!

Clubs like Holy Trinity, Druids, Baseballers, Northcote United, Rivergum, the new Lalor Warriors, Cobras & even Socials will all catch up once their young players come along, and clubs re-establish themselves...one may even surprise like KP did in 2007/08!!!!

canplay1;352062 said:
hatred not so sure, but i do like stating the obvious about those 2 clubs, like they ruined the comp with their cash and look whats happened!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]
camrea still in money shield, and rosebank on the verge of collapse. which kid wants to play for a reservoir based club in the hdca????

By the looks of things Northmetroboy is immune to receiving infractions on this thread. The quote above by NMB is personal and below the belt yet if I make any comment in reference to NMB or BA I receive warnings from the Mods on this thread.
How about sharing a heavy hand to all & not just some.
Last time I checked we were in Australia not COMMUNIST RUSSIA.
I will be interested to see if my comments are edited.

canplay1;352146 said:
canplay1;352062 said:
hatred not so sure, but i do like stating the obvious about those 2 clubs, like they ruined the comp with their cash and look whats happened!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]
camrea still in money shield, and rosebank on the verge of collapse. which kid wants to play for a reservoir based club in the hdca????

By the looks of things Northmetroboy is immune to receiving infractions on this thread. The quote above by NMB is personal and below the belt yet if I make any comment in reference to NMB or BA I receive warnings from the Mods on this thread.
How about sharing a heavy hand to all & not just some.
Last time I checked we were in Australia not COMMUNIST RUSSIA.
I will be interested to see if my comments are edited.

boo hoo
my opinion is and always was, the the jika shield was for sale.

now that the clubs who paid MOST the money are gone (more than others could afford), it is not for sale.

clubs who work hard might win on a level playing field for once.

so onwards and upwards nmca.

*not sure how you get personal out of my prediction on the clubs fate??

northmetroboy;352155 said:
canplay1;352146 said:
canplay1;352062 said:
boo hoo
my opinion is and always was, the the jika shield was for sale.

now that the clubs who paid MOST the money are gone (more than others could afford), it is not for sale.

clubs who work hard might win on a level playing field for once.

so onwards and upwards nmca.

*not sure how you get personal out of my prediction on the clubs fate??

Good onya little man.
You tried to buy your way to a finals appearance without success, and you had some influence on the board and still failed. "United we stand"

canplay1;352159 said:
northmetroboy;352155 said:
canplay1;352146 said:
Good onya little man.
You tried to buy your way to a finals appearance without success, and you had some influence on the board and still failed. "United we stand"

the reason you get warnings, could be that you guess your facts...i am NOT from northcote united...dont know how many times i have to say it

Who cares where who is from.

Stop talking crap or the thread goes downhill again.

Prediction for finalist next season:
Keon Park
Holy Trinity
Preston Druids
Northcote United we stand.

Well I'm sure this will be awe inspiring for next year. It will be a battle of the Titans.
What will be even more interesting is that Frank Hawks and Lindsay Reid will do the GF as the rest of the decent umpires have walked out.
onwards and upwards:confused:

I was told at footy training last night that Nmca execs have been approaching hdca clubs to try and reignite merger talks between both associations. I cant see this happening as i understand Hdca were never interested in a merger in the first place.
This smacks of desperation from Nmca. They probably realise that the comp has been significantly diluted and they are prepared to do anything to try and strengthen the association.

inspiration.666;352224 said:
I was told at footy training last night that Nmca execs have been approaching hdca clubs to try and reignite merger talks between both associations. I cant see this happening as i understand Hdca were never interested in a merger in the first place.
This smacks of desperation from Nmca. They probably realise that the comp has been significantly diluted and they are prepared to do anything to try and strengthen the association.

Again I think that exec officials should show strength and work with what they have,get to the clubs and pick the brains of the grass roots people.Doesnt matter what teams are at hand and who has gone and wants to go.Move on and work tirelessly at salvaging an institunional competiion.Clubs now have to blood youth and the odd recruit wouldnt go astray.Big job at the top but a great challenge.

cold case;352232 said:
Again I think that exec officials should show strength and work with what they have,get to the clubs and pick the brains of the grass roots people.Doesnt matter what teams are at hand and who has gone and wants to go.Move on and work tirelessly at salvaging an institunional competiion.Clubs now have to blood youth and the odd recruit wouldnt go astray.Big job at the top but a great challenge.

perfectly said, the comp is bigger than any club

if they want to go, why should the nmca stop them?

the comp will prosper it has too many clubs not to. it may be weakened for a short time, but every comp has high and low eras

canplays list will be forgotten in 5 years(The competition in one Off season will lose players such as Jesensek, Bubis, Mgcann, Berak, Altis, Perera, Plumpton Sampimon, Christofoli, Larsen, Harvey, Lancaster,Perera,Sticca etc etc etc etc)

whilst there are big names in that group, we will remember the remaining clubs a lot longer than any of them

as far as mergers go, the hdca knocked it back due to travel reasons 2 or 3 years ago, then accepted rosebank?????????? the hdca may come away from this venture with egg on their faces.

canplay1;352224 said:

The best way for the NMCA to go about it is the youth. Encourage clubs to play youth and help them to do so. If they start a program to develop youth, within 5 or 6 years the comp will be going strong again.

They could also try and land some big names, now is the time to make bold moves and have a clear direction.

canplay1;352218 said:
Prediction for finalist next season:
Keon Park
Holy Trinity
Preston Druids
Northcote United we stand.

Well I'm sure this will be awe inspiring for next year. It will be a battle of the Titans.
What will be even more interesting is that Frank Hawks and Lindsay Reid will do the GF as the rest of the decent umpires have walked out.
onwards and upwards:confused:

I think this is a good prediction just think baseballers will make finals and not too sure if Holy Trinity can finish second but the comp looks very competitive next year and all the contenders are pretty young teams with Druids, Trinity and Northcote United good sign for the future of the comp some new names will emerge this season

MACLEOD CC APPOINTS JASON LANCASTER PLAYING COACH
It is with great pleasure that Macleod Cricket Club announces the appointment of Jason Lancaster as playing coach for the 2009-10 season. Jason comes to Macleod with an outstanding record over the past seven seasons with Preston Baseballers in the Northern Metropolitan Cricket Association (formerly the Jika Cricket Association). Previously, Jason had played with YCW in the Heidelberg District Cricket Association and he brings a wealth of experience in terms of playing, coaching and administration.

Billy;352425 said:
MACLEOD CC APPOINTS JASON LANCASTER PLAYING COACH
It is with great pleasure that Macleod Cricket Club announces the appointment of Jason Lancaster as playing coach for the 2009-10 season. Jason comes to Macleod with an outstanding record over the past seven seasons with Preston Baseballers in the Northern Metropolitan Cricket Association (formerly the Jika Cricket Association). Previously, Jason had played with YCW in the Heidelberg District Cricket Association and he brings a wealth of experience in terms of playing, coaching and administration.

Old news mate, but more importantly, Lancaster....gone, Sticca....gone, Perera... gone to Lalor Stars...Bamford....gone... BASEBALLERS GONE... Big ask for the guys that are left, ARE THEY UP TO IT ?

sidney;352658 said:
Old news mate, but more importantly, Lancaster....gone, Sticca....gone, Perera... gone to Lalor Stars...Bamford....gone... BASEBALLERS GONE... Big ask for the guys that are left, ARE THEY UP TO IT ?

So basically we have lost about 15 of the top 20 players. Hope the cancel the comp games to avoid the embarrassment that would come from them. Very sad era ahead for what was once a strong competition.

Back