Northern Metropolitan Cricket Association (Jika)

Re: Northern Metropolitan Cricket Association (Jika)

Wispers;352660 said:
So basically we have lost about 15 of the top 20 players. Hope the cancel the comp games to avoid the embarrassment that would come from them. Very sad era ahead for what was once a strong competition.

think guys like Michael White, Ryan Docherty, Ben McNeice and a sprinkling of the very successful Under 21's would disagree with you on that point.

sidney;352663 said:
think guys like Michael White, Ryan Docherty, Ben McNeice and a sprinkling of the very successful Under 21's would disagree with you on that point.

I meant currently, the players you mention plus others are all going to be good players and as I said 15 of 20. I would have White in the top twenty. Now he is top three (my opinion) this can’t be good for the comp and surely these young players would have enjoyed playing against the players we have lost.

Wispers;352667 said:
I meant currently, the players you mention plus others are all going to be good players and as I said 15 of 20. I would have White in the top twenty. Now he is top three (my opinion) this can’t be good for the comp and surely these young players would have enjoyed playing against the players we have lost.

Think it is good for the comp, how many of the top 15 actually fronted up for the rep game last year, the lesser names did and presented very well, i think the bigger names don't actually mean a lot to some of these young guns, its just somebody bowling or batting at the other end, and the younger generation just seem to back themselves, not a lot of ego's there

sidney;352668 said:
Think it is good for the comp, how many of the top 15 actually fronted up for the rep game last year, the lesser names did and presented very well, i think the bigger names don't actually mean a lot to some of these young guns, its just somebody bowling or batting at the other end, and the younger generation just seem to back themselves, not a lot of ego's there

I think you're wrong but hope you're right

Wispers;352669 said:
I think you're wrong but hope you're right

the comp team last season did ok, not one rosebank player fronted.

Jesensek GONE
C Perera (baseballers) GONE
Lancaster GONE
sticca , possibly going?
C Perera (Taipans) club going?
bubis, club going?
McNiece (District??)
Howard
White
O'Brien
nirmal wick
doherty

i'm quite sure if the comp bands together and makes it compulsory a more than competitive team can be assembled,

Butera (new druids coach), mcfedries, christie, tabain to name a few would be more than handy replacements

either way the talent pool will vary from time to time, so what rosebank and camrea go?? they obviously got too big for their boots....the comp should rally and stick it right up em!!!!!!!!!!!

northmetroboy;352719 said:
the comp team last season did ok, not one rosebank player fronted.

Jesensek GONE
C Perera (baseballers) GONE
Lancaster GONE
sticca , possibly going?
C Perera (Taipans) club going?
bubis, club going?
McNiece (District??)
Howard
White
O'Brien
nirmal wick
doherty

i'm quite sure if the comp bands together and makes it compulsory a more than competitive team can be assembled,

Butera (new druids coach), mcfedries, christie, tabain to name a few would be more than handy replacements

either way the talent pool will vary from time to time, so what rosebank and camrea go?? they obviously got too big for their boots....the comp should rally and stick it right up em!!!!!!!!!!!

I spoke to Ben Mcniece the other day and he said he wont play a Northcote united. He and his dad dont like how they go about there cricket down there and he will have a go at a higher level. As for banger playing rep cricket for Nmca: NO CHANCE.

canplay1;352736 said:
I spoke to Ben Mcniece the other day and he said he wont play a Northcote united. He and his dad dont like how they go about there cricket down there and he will have a go at a higher level. As for banger playing rep cricket for Nmca: NO CHANCE.[/QUOTE

northmetroboy;352719 said:

If a player is picked and the NMCA makes it compulsory for all players being available to play what punishment should the competition introduce if the selected player does not play?

Snake;352740 said:
If a player is picked and the NMCA makes it compulsory for all players being available to play what punishment should the competition introduce if the selected player does not play?

So why didnt MgCann make himself available in the rep game last year.What was the penalty for him.
Northmetroboy put your kanga on the Parkers to win it. I wont put any money on your successful junior program as the only decent junior you have is going.
Banger has been picked for rep sides and I can guarantee he refuses to play.

Snake;352740 said:

very hard to enforce any compulsory cricket outside the normal calendar.If any comps are fairdinkum they should put aside a Saturday specifically for inter comp games.Do not have it on a long weekend when a majority of people are away or just want a spell.Then maybe a one game ban maybe valid because it is a normal Saturday so to speak.

canplay1 i dont play for nothcote united.

and for the 3rd time, unless i get edited again...banger has played in comp games before.

northmetroboy;352747 said:
canplay1 i dont play for nothcote united.

and for the 3rd time, unless i get edited again...banger has played in comp games before.

I know he has played in the past, I am talking about the future, something your guys havent got.:p:p

canplay1;352743 said:
So why didnt MgCann make himself available in the rep game last year.What was the penalty for him.
Northmetroboy put your kanga on the Parkers to win it. I wont put any money on your successful junior program as the only decent junior you have is going.
Banger has been picked for rep sides and I can guarantee he refuses to play.

I actually think it is rubbish to force players to play in competition games.
I am just asking Northmetroboy how he proposes the competition force players to play in comp games. If you have not already worked it out he has all the answers. He can run clubs better than anyone on here and running a competition is just as easy.

Snake;352846 said:
I actually think it is rubbish to force players to play in competition games.
I am just asking Northmetroboy how he proposes the competition force players to play in comp games. If you have not already worked it out he has all the answers. He can run clubs better than anyone on here and running a competition is just as easy.

i dont think you can force them, the clubs can come up with something if they all work together.

i'm sure your answer would be to pay them

northmetroboy;352849 said:
i dont think you can force them, the clubs can come up with something if they all work together.

You paid your imports, HYPOCRITE.

northmetroboy;352849 said:

Interesting and thought provoking comment. I'd like to see clubs working together and perhaps they all take a turn in winning the Jika Shield.
I would not expect that the players be paid to play for their association but lets just say that most if not all the players in rep. teams get paid by their clubs.

Just a query - given that the NMCA AGM precedes the DVCA AGM, is it constitutional for the NMCA to 'throw out' Camrea from the competition, thus leaving them stranded if the DVCA vote against allowing them in? Or are the NMCA hell-bent on retaining Camrea?

Back