Northern Metropolitan Cricket Association (Jika)

nobody cares about cumrea! We are a very underated comp, if we stick togther and build
the comp we will be the best metro comp going! The key is everybody backing each other up
not talking garbage about each other, you will find that the old HDCA clubs are already having second thoughts
of going to the DVCA. Everybody should worry about how can we make the comp bigger, stronger!! Stick by the big clubs they
will attract big clubs, grassroots isn't what it once was, kids aren't intersested in spending a day plaing cricket, things need to changing to keep the kids invoved, we should be the ones doing this, more 20/20 more one dayers, get a carnival happening,something different. NUMBER ONE WE SHOULD STOP BAGGING EACH OTHER! THERE ARE ENOUGH PEOPLE OUTSIDE THE COMP DOING THIS ALREADY ! THAT"S WHY THE SUPER COMP NEVER GOT OFF THE GROUND, THEY ALL THINK WE ARE SCUM BAGS!!! AND I TAKE THAT PERSONALLY! SO LETS SHOW THEM WHAT WE CAN REALLY DO!
i agree jikaeone
lets talk cricket what are the tips for round 1? how will the hdca clubs go and also ycw being there first game in A grade anyine?

The South Barwon Cricket Club is hosting two of the all time greatest opening bowling combination in Courtney Walsh and Curtly Ambrose on Sunday 9th December at Buckley's Entertainment Centre in Geelong. The afternoon starts at 12:30pm and includes a 2 course meal plus a 3 hour drinks package (beer/wine/soft drink). The guys will be interviewed by the MC Justin Karcher during the afternoon and there will also be time for some questions plus a signing table on the day. There are tables of 12 so get your table together or you can sit in smaller groups if needed. We only have 300 tickets available so it will be first in best dressed. Tickets are starting to sell now so get in and avoid the disappointment of missing out on this unique opportunity. Tickets are $110 per person, so start organising your mini bus now for a day in Geelong !!
For tickets please see the link to an order form. Tickets are available from the club in Geelong, or details on the order form.

Order Form

http://southbarwon.vic.cricket.com.au/files/2108/files/Ambrose Walsh Flyer_Order Form Final.pdf

Club website

http://southbarwon.vic.cricket.com.au/home.aspx?

well looks like a rosebank/keon park final just like old times...........rivergum without Aj and bramich(overseas) will struggle you'd think.
rivergum flying at the minute, nthcote utd got a wake up call from rosebank, keon park slow out of the blocks as with holy trinity. anyones thoughts on the season to date?

Brutal, do you want a medal. I wasn't moaning about anything just stating one of the reasons why we left the HDCA. And as far as a reunion goes we'd love one. Unfortunately it was all the OCYC players that left the club and saw us drop to B grade in the 90's.
No chips on my shoulders buddy. If your such a great West Heidelberg and want to support your old club you know where we are put your head in the door. When all the OYCC left the club we kept it going without your help and are back in A Grade again.
By all means come on down and jump on the bandwagon. You'll always be welcome.
Brutal
You have your wish, We will be having a reunion for anyone who has played with or supported the Olympic Youth, Heidelberg Colts or Olympic Colts Cricket Clubs.
It will be at the Fred Howe Pavilion, Olympic Village Reserve, Catalina Street West Heidelberg and held on February 2nd 2013.
It starts at 3pm and a big chance to kick on . It will be a great opportunity to catch up with old team mates and rivals with the Olympic and Colts rivalry going back to the sixties although now we should all be mates as part of one club these days.We are currently trying to contact anyone who has been associated over the years.
Anyone who reads this and knows someone or is interested:
For more info you can contact Ian Kearns on 0457 483 936 or email iankearns01@dodo.com.au.
Cheers

I wonder whether the North Metro officials have been keeping an eye on some of the suspicous bowling actions going around in the jika shield. One of the bowlers at Donath at the weekend seemed to give his 20 inch elbow bend a good straightening at release.

if they are over 35yo then yes they'll be a slight chance of fitting in, if they under 35yo no chance
Look at their name, look at the club culture of Rosebank & ask yourself will they fit in. Silly comment!
As for their age I played against them in HDCA & have a look at their age group from 2nd eleven down including their captain who would captain any other 1st eleven side before you make silly comments.

Look at their name, look at the club culture of Rosebank & ask yourself will they fit in. Silly comment!
As for their age I played against them in HDCA & have a look at their age group from 2nd eleven down including their captain who would captain any other 1st eleven side before you make silly comments.

what does their name have to do with anything? North Brunswick/Rosebank who play in reservoir?????

I saw them play for a while on the weekend, they are an old team, and i'm told havent had a junior program in a long while. it's irrelevant who captains their 2nd XI? to say he would captain any other clubs first XI is just tripe, plain and simple

Purely out of interest i just looked up the 2's capt.

he's hardly averaged over 10 in the top grade, ever! top it off with 2 ducks in the finals this year, not sure which club wants him to captain their first XI? anyone?? i dont think so

including their captain who would captain any other 1st eleven side - definition of a silly comment

Purely out of interest I too looked up the 2's captains runs, 460 runs this year!! Silly comment.
I think he won " Jack Quick" as a 23 year old????
We'd take him as a 1st eleven Captain, he smashed us that year.
The Russo boy's won't be a big loss to us, their heart was never in it here, Sam got a game to keep Joe happy.
We are chasing bigger fish to keep up with the rest of the comp.
They might be old but they keep sticking together and winning and it's not just their 1st's.

The Rosebank Juggernaut keeps on flying along. If you look at the 2nd XI premiership team there were 4 blokes under 24 and might I add they would all be playing A grade at most other clubs in the comp. Then you add the Russo boys to the equation with the possibility that out of the 6 3-4 will be likely starters for next season. You add the experience and class along side the young talent then the future could look formidable.

2012/13 NMCA/ NBRCA (North Brunswick Rosebank Cricket Association)
Jika Shield Premiers
Jika Reserve Premiers
Young Shield Premiers

Lets not forget the self proclaimed meessiah S Fontana!!!! how good am I playing 4ths cricket!!
He can actually play, no ticker, takes the easy way out, plays at a lower
level but goes around spruiking on facebook how good he is!!!!!!
If your that good earn the respect!!!

Back