Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Pakistan in Australia

Harris? WTF? He came in when the series was basically over

One thing about Hussey he has never lost his one day form, probably win ODI player of the year again

Hussey averaged 73.33 at a strike rate of exactly 100. If they aren't perfect figures from your number 6 I don't know what is.

He probably has enough man of the series awards though. :p

5 wickets in an ODI is an extremely impressive feat. For reference, Warne only took one 5-for in 194 matches, and Mcgrath 7 in 250. Doing it twice in a row (along with a 3-for) is a sensational effort, regardless of the opposition. Harris was the obvious choice for the MOS. Maybe if Hussey had a few more overs to play with and turned one or two of his scores into three figures then he would have snatched it.

He's still a traitorous swine though.

Interesting night, a good game of cricket, a player biting the cricket ball and a pitch invader checking a player on the field. I have seen it all.

Surely Man of the Series should have had a significant impact on the series, without Mike Hussey Australia may not have won 5-0, without Ryan Harris they still would have won 5-0, they had the series basically won before he even played

eddiesmith;386751 said:
Surely Man of the Series should have had a significant impact on the series, without Mike Hussey Australia may not have won 5-0, without Ryan Harris they still would have won 5-0, they had the series basically won before he even played

He did. He took 13 wickets in three games, that's a fairly significant impact on a series regardless of whether it was over or not.

c9b9f60b1ca2ee7785aaeb4.jpg

Just another fair dinkum Aussie

Yes, it's in here 2:45

YouTube - Shahid Afridi bites ball

I like how back in the days of olde, the bloke that Terry Alderman tackled was gently taken away by a single policeman without fuss, these days it takes half a dozen neanderthal men to rough him up as much as possible and carry him off the ground suspended in midair.

The guy running on the pitch is a ********. At least Latif took it in good spirits. God knows waht Afridi was thinking. A cricket ball is not something I want to stick in my mouth, not least with some of the crap they use on the wickets.

Afridi was by far the most blatant case of ball tampering I have ever seen on a cricket field, most instances you can argue either way.

I remember Dravid involved in an incident in Australia during an ODI in Brisbane when he put a cough lollie on the ball from his mouth and used that to shine the ball, I remember Hansie Cronje using his spikes during the mid 90's.

But Afridi was by far the most obvious case, that was a disgraceful act.

a for effort;386764 said:
Yes, it's in here 2:45

YouTube - Shahid Afridi bites ball

I like how back in the days of olde, the bloke that Terry Alderman tackled was gently taken away by a single policeman without fuss, these days it takes half a dozen neanderthal men to rough him up as much as possible and carry him off the ground suspended in midair.

Baaaaallllllll!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah seriously, two fairly disgraceful acts in there. Afridi will surely be banned for that, that's just not on at all. I have no idea why he'd try and bite he ball either.

As for that spectator, he'll likely cop a life ban for that and a fairly hefty fine.

Is it wrong to laugh at that guy tackling the Pakistani player? I know it's a disgraceful incident but I always laugh at the pitch invaders on the odd time you them on TV.

Afridi must have thought it was an apple...

I felt pretty sorry for him listening to his defence - "I was trying to help my bowlers and win a match, one match". You can sort of sympathise with him - 3-0 in the tests, 4-0 in the one dayers now with the last chance of salvaging a single win, you can understand them being that desparate.

Come off it, how can you feel sorry for him, heaps of teams have been pillored over the years and haven't resorted to sinking their teeth into a ball in a last ditch effort to win a game?

Afridi a few years back decided to do some landscaping on a good length during a break in play which was, once again, blatant cheating. It has happened again with this incident and now one has to question his character a bit, that type of thing just isn't on.

Team for the 20/20 match at the MCG on Friday night.

Australian squad Shane Watson, Shaun Marsh, David Warner, Michael Clarke (capt), Cameron White, Travis Birt, David Hussey, Steven Smith, Brad Haddin (wk), Mitchell Johnson, Ryan Harris, Dirk Nannes, Shaun Tait.

Thoughts? I like the inclusion of Birt.

Back