South A and B 2010/2011

Hampton's ground was in great nick today given the rain. Couldnt believe how hard the deck was despite the flash flooding on thursday night.

Good win by Hampton, although I think Carnegie may have had a few out from last week.

Hopefully we can get a 2 dayer in next week - not holding my breath!!!!

From where I sit, it seems Hampton and Parkdale are the 2 teams to beat in this grade... Hampton flogged Carnegie and in the 2's the Carnegie boys had their pants pulled down - bowled out for 29, with the Seahorse's grounding them out with a nonchalant 197 (overs to spare before the captains shook hands).

Understandable SS - the weather obviosuly made that game a toss of the coin game. Although in the South A games - apart from the game that didnt get going, the pitch didnt seem to have too much baring on the result. Interesting in Murrumbena v Bonbeach game - BT needed all 7 of the extra (and 14 more) overs they got. 159 off 33 vs 162 of 47!!!!

And Dingley have a run out off the last ball going for the tie - must have been some exciting cricket there. They lost 3 wickets in teh last over when they needed 3 to win

Quiet Sunday rat? :)
Some low scores going on but 29 is an ordinary effort no matter what division!
Hampton and parkdale if able to play regular cricket look like putting a gap between the rest!
But some things don't change... Lamb makes most of Beena score and they Lise in a close one again! Paton has to be 100 yo??

Looks like a few teams in this comp will have several unavailabilities each week and its the team that can have a settled side, or have some good depth in the 2's that will be strong.From the early results its obvious which teams depend on which players to win them games.I wouldnt count any team out as after christmas the one dayers will mean teams can get a run on.

I think depth will be key UB. SOme teams have some guns, but do they have the depth to compete at the top end - particualrly if there are injuries/ weddings/ 21st birthdays/ concerts and players go missing!!!!

Qball - you know you can edit your posts. You dont have to put a new posting, just because of a spelling mistake

its all to hard!
Gee Seldge has gone quiet!!
Maybe he is focusing on the Senior Div posts!! Come on Sledge what's gone on in the world of Turf wickets?? I love driving past you each morning seeing you out on the Middle park wicket, then I go for a walk and see you at South Caulfield...man about town!!
Fire up people!!

its all to hard!
Gee Seldge has gone quiet!!
Maybe he is focusing on the Senior Div posts!! Come on Sledge what's gone on in the world of Turf wickets?? I love driving past you each morning seeing you out on the Middle park wicket, then I go for a walk and see you at South Caulfield...man about town!!
Fire up people!!

Have you got the wrong person Q

Forgive him Sledge - Sounds like Qball also gets around. Any grounds in the comp that your ivory tower doesnt give you a view over Mr Q

Interesting stats viewing in South A. No Dervan from Heatherton in the bowling columns....is he playing? Or is it just that Heatherton haven't got on much?

Oh and what about Nick Youngs from Parky....is he missing....back at Mentone?
And is Ferguson a chance for Hampton...or at Omega with his brother???

Yep I'm a cricket slurry!! Come on sledge where's your sense of humor?? We are only being serious

You still can't talk cricket.
I see there are a couple of protests due to lack of effort at some clubs. The % of clubs in the South that didn't play was rediculous seeing the North had more rain on the Friday.

You still can't talk cricket.
I see there are a couple of protests due to lack of effort at some clubs. The % of clubs in the South that didn't play was rediculous seeing the North had more rain on the Friday.
Whats up with that Sledge. I must admit I thought we were no chance on Thursday, but we were lucky on Friday that the rain was 3 kms away but not at our ground. Had the 4mm in 10 min that hit Moorabbin Airport hit us, we probably would have been off as well. But there was only one game off in South A, and the others didnt seem too affected by the weather

Back