South A and B 2010/2011

Mr Muppet, at the Presidents meeting last week most of them prefer the four days. Gee you'd be happy if it was a two-dayer and you had finished second ans it rained for three days, at least this way you would get a result on the last day.
I will say this for the last time, i do not drive a white ute and do not roll wickets.
Sound a bit defensive with the mr muppet call sledge!! Seems I hit a nerve? I wasn't having a crack at u sledge... What gives u the impression I was? Hhhmmm!
I agree with rat 2 days 2 reserve everyone is happy!!!

maybe it wasnt a ute sledge, but i do know that it was an old white panel van, i wonder if any shananigans occurred behing those closed curtains??? and if so, there must be photos out there... on the subject of the 4 day GF, an absolute joke that we have to put ourselves through 4 days of boring cricket, most games are over by the the 3rd day, so i agree, lets shorten it to a 2 dayer and a reserve day.
caught up with ya mate kev lately Sledge, he hasnt been seen or heard around the community lately??

maybe it wasnt a ute sledge, but i do know that it was an old white panel van, i wonder if any shananigans occurred behing those closed curtains??? and if so, there must be photos out there... on the subject of the 4 day GF, an absolute joke that we have to put ourselves through 4 days of boring cricket, most games are over by the the 3rd day, so i agree, lets shorten it to a 2 dayer and a reserve day.
caught up with ya mate kev lately Sledge, he hasnt been seen or heard around the community lately??

I am not who you think i am and Kev is in the land of the missing

Just having a look at weekend results for South A1;
Hampton v Parkdale - tight should be a good game, either side would be happy to open up a break at the top with a win...
Which leads to Murrumbeena tearing Aspendale a new one, to continue their advance on the top two.
Carnegie seemed to have dropped the ball against the Dingley young punks, with Fitchy and Schreier dobbling through the Carnegie innings, giving Bonbeach the opportunity to slip past Carnegie into 4th on the ladder.
Interesting round with the one-dayers to come-
what's your opinion on the top four for finals?

We have now played everybody (except the bottom two sides:mad:) and I reckon Parkdale are obviously looking ok, we are happy where we are, Murrumbeena's depth seems to have improved. Of the rest Bonbeach looked pretty good - and had a bowler play his game for the year last week and get 5. Carnegie were ordinary against us, but have had some good results. Dingely will improve given their youth, and we havent seen Heatherton or Aspendale (which hopefully doesnt hurt us) but you would have to put a line through them at the moment

I am not who you think i am and Kev is in the land of the missing

Hi Sledge,

Hope your well

I'm not missing bud, lets just say that would rather manage my time towards my son, not invoved with the vtca anymore, so as most ex-VTCA players should do (although regularly checking whats posted), I'm keeping my nose out of issues that are no longer of a concern to me.

cheeri-o big man

Do we think it strange that as soon as the games were called off the sun came out! Have we gone too early on calling off Sunday?

Sounds like u know a thing or two about wicket preparation...
I suppose u r correct.. We wouldn't want crap wickets like we use to get at middle park and south caulfield over the past 10 years!
My point is this... A warm 28 tomorrow u might have a chance?
Anyway I could probably head up the MURRAY this weekend now

Don't b silly qball, no way could any wickets get up, Gazza knows every about everything especially dodgy wickets so he pulled the pin on the round & took away the 24 hrs left to prepare wkts in perfect drying conditions.

Gee I wonder if not playing benefits Sth Caulfield.. what do u know they already have their points for the win this game.. gee what a surpise..

i think I'll join u up on the murray Qball.. seeing i have another sunny Saturday to spend not playing cricket cos I'm unlucky enough to play in the vtca.

The jig is up gazza we all know what ur doing & how u do things.. do the right thing & get out of the comp Sledge & off this board & both might b better places.

Remember U shouldn't call people after games & make threats sledge, that gets u in trouble .. silly boy

You mean someone at Brighton actually got some covers down and was prepared to do some work on the wicket.
FYI - Premier is off, Subbies are off, ECA is off, DDCA is off, WDCA is off, MMVCA is off, not sure where you expected turf wickets to be ready today.
See you've had a fair crack at poor old Sledge - word around is that there could be some outings on here shortly and that comments made could come home to haunt some people and their Clubs.

Gazza deserves everything he gets.. he's obnoxious & vindictive..

how do u know what Brighton District does to get the wicket ready?... I'm sure u haven't noticed how much the wicket has improved in the last 2 seasons.

I think legal reasons may prevent outings or clubs being penalised for individuals comments on these sites... In saying that, I was just creating a conversation but of course SS ran like a bull at a gate!

Apparently there is a meeting today for clubs??? No one at our club actually knows what the agenda is, so hopefully they don't expect a vote today?

Back