South A and B 2010/2011

How many times do the same old complaints about bonus points.....1 day/2 day games need to come up before its heard.I have a lot to do with overseas players that come over and they are baffled by the rules.We say that we are original and different to the other comps and 2nd best comp in the state....yet we are so much different to Premier.
Bonus points wouldn't be such a bad idea if all grounds were the same size/outfields the same.

Predictions for Round 11:
Aspendale V Dingley, could be a tight one- lot of punks with a few old heads- if Walker gets going Assie might cause an upset otherwise Dingley.
Parkdale v Heatherton, we'll be wary after last weeks upset.
Hampton v Bonbeach Tangy, I think the Seahorses should bounce back, however again the Tang not to be underestimated.
Murrumbeena v Carnegie, will tear Carnegie a new one- could be an outright if the Carnegie bat first and Rudgey fires

Thoughts?

Yeh agree with those. The Tang have knocked off Bentleigh and Old Mentonians in the T20 and might be on a high.

Atkins back for Parky so they should be too strong. The Beena should do nasty things to Carnegie though funnier things have happened. Should be a ripping finals series if Parky can get their best team on the park though.

Predictions look good... I'd hardly pick on 20/20 comp form thou... However winning form is good form for the tang!
But will we play???
Be a shame to call off I know Beena and Hampton is in great shape and I'd be surprised if parky wasn't either. At theend of the day No one cares about the other sides!

tell ya what just had a giggle at Leading Edge recognising the financial impact of this weather, with suggestions for social events and fundraising, which -whilst very helpful- isn't as nice as refunding 50 % affiliation fees from that whopping great account balance the VTCA is sitting on top of!

Rumor has it that the Vtca have resheduled all games for the remained of the year to Action indoor centers across melb on Tuesday nights to avoid rain, cyclones and any potential extreme heat issues!

Anybody else think we were a bit early to call of games? it hasnt rained since midday saturday and i was more then happy to swim to my car which was parked 2 blocks from my house and get to the ground.

Big weekend for the South A brigade:

Saturday,
Carnegie vs Aspendale, really don't want to cause offence- but Carnegie????
Bonbeach Tangy vs Parkdale, I like the Tang but feeling confident.
Dingley vs Hampton, bit too much depth for the Dingo pups.
Heatherton vs Murrumbeena by how much is the question.
Sunday:
Aspendale vs Parkdale again feeling alright.
Heatherton vs Dingley, Heatherton should feel good about this one.
Hampton vs Murrumbeena, I'm swinging towards the Sea Horses on depth but could look like a goose.
Carnegie vs Bonbeach Tangy see above.

Thoughts

I agree .... Sunday match of the weeked? Beena v Hampton gee without sounding like Bruce mcavaney this could be a bbbbbbeeaauuttttyyyy!!

I see parkdale choked!!!
The Beena hamp game now looks delicious!!

Is Cyril Rioli playing?
tongue.png

Huge game today - the strength of Parky's bowlers against the Beena Arena batsmen. Expect Parky to put up a far different show than the last weekend with Cam Atkins back, but the batting is still brittle. If they can survive Rudgey, the rest ain't much and Parky are a definete chance!

Bonbeach big losers of the weekend!! 3 points spread around means last rd is big. Parky and hamp to fight out who gets home final..

Back