South Division 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: South A & B

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;358918 said:
Good on Sth they are pretty representing the region in Senior and doing a pretty good job of it too. Amazed Mullaney is leaving after 1 year...I dont care how good the Poms are they will need to be top notch to replace him.

He'd get paid at Prahran surely?

What's the reason for Murrumbeena finishing 4th last season and being promoted to the new South Division when Old Menotians finished 2nd and didn't get promoted? Can't understand that one, the top 3 teams in South A last year were head and shoulders clear of the rest.

Troy Lamb has signed at Murrumbeena.

Apparantly the decision to allow Lamb back went to a vote of the committee and was passed 5-4.

Also heard that Camberwell opening bowler Troy Ryan is also going to be rolling out for the Beena. Ryan will take 50 wickets if true.

pdog pizza's;359533 said:
Hows Cheltenham shaping up Super? Is Cheetham back this season? Any recruits in the pipeline?
Good luck for the footy finals.

Not sure mate what is happening with the big fella to be honest.

I know that Lancs wanted him and Mullaney (off to Prahran) to play a higher grade so he might come back and play district cricket but not sure. Would be great to have him back again.

Charles Nelson is the first XI captain and training has started. A few recruits from what I have heard and some of last years U16's pushing up. Im sure all will be revealed in a few weeks.

Cheers mate, good luck to the Tunners as well. Look forward to seeing you back in Div 1 in 2010.

superfreak;359608 said:

I know that Lancs wanted him and Mullaney (off to Prahran) to play a higher grade so he might come back and play district cricket but not sure. Would be great to have him back again.

Charles Nelson is the first XI captain and training has started. A few recruits from what I have heard and some of last years U16's pushing up. Im sure all will be revealed in a few weeks.

Cheers mate, good luck to the Tunners as well. Look forward to seeing you back in Div 1 in 2010.

Hey guys, i am on here trying to recruit someone down to Geelong for a game of cricket and the chance of getting a new job. I am from the Grovedale cricket club in div 1. We ve won 2 flags in the last 6 years, the last 2 year ago. We ve also lost 2 flags, the last, the summer just gone. Ill go into further detail about the side/club if anyones keen to talk more. Theres also the opportunity of getting a new job, managing a new sports store opening in Westfeild shopping centre. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone. Experience isnt essential as there will be training but would be handy though. I am after a quality proven cricketer to play at our club aswell as taking on this well paying, secure job. Please get back to me asap if anyone interested or know off anyone who you would know that would be keen

superfreak;359608 said:

hey guys i cant put to much on here but get back to me with details anyone keen playing in Geelong and a great job offered with it

AB 5 Star;359010 said:
He'd get paid at Prahran surely?

You gotta be kidding ..... as if he will get paid ahead of the likes of d hussey Mcgain huckett and wild just to name a few!!

They won't pay him a cent, as he is staying in England. Former South Caulfield keeper in Jon Simpson is going to Prahan as Wicketkeeper.

I have noticed Cheetham hasn't been playing all of the fixtures in Lancashires 2's this year.Injured or dropped? Tough call for overseas players coming over....all clubs want their overseas to as a rule play better then other club players. This meaning they have to play under their normal level of cricket back home, if they are up for a new contract their English Employers would want them playing at the highest level....District.

dorothydixer;358797 said:
Who are your sources out of Shark Park, Mr Singh?

Since when has Stephen Mellick been classified as a Medium bowler?

Fair to say i dont think this sponsorship deal will go ahead, club keys is a far to classy place for the boys from Beauy.

Mr Singh, tell me do you know much about Mat Wilson, if so what is the word on him and his current off field indiscretions?

Double D

My sources down at shark park is are my lovely friends nufty,toolie,girdy and staurchy.

Yes I can tell Matt Wilson will be spending most of the summer on the sidelines with pal Alex Strauch for his involvement in a few incidents with good friend Luke Pomersbach. Sounds like the new coach is laying down the law at shark park.

yours faithfully
singha

My sources down at shark park is close friend nufty.

Yes I can tell Matt Wilson will be spending most of the summer on the sidelines with pal David Mautlius for thier involvement in a few incidents with good friend Luke Pomersbach. Sounds like the new coach is laying down the law at shark park.

yours faithfully
singha

underarm bowler;360753 said:
I have noticed Cheetham hasn't been playing all of the fixtures in Lancashires 2's this year.Injured or dropped? Tough call for overseas players coming over....all clubs want their overseas to as a rule play better then other club players. This meaning they have to play under their normal level of cricket back home, if they are up for a new contract their English Employers would want them playing at the highest level....District.

He has been injured. Foot stress fracture I think (not 100% sure). He has been 12th man for Lancashire County team twice earlier in the year after taking some big bags in the 2nds and for his league team Bowdon. Apparently if he wasn't injured he would hae played a far amount of county cricket this season. He is in the England Fast Bowling Academy.

underarm bowler;360791 said:
So would be a good guess that he won't be turning out for Cheltenham this year?

Hasn't made his mind up yet, neither have Lancs.

Even if he doesn't come I think he might be sending a replacement....i.e someone just as good.

Anyone got a prediction for the top 4 this coming season? Difficult with the two divisions merging but Brighton District and Bentleigh appear to be looking good.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;360756 said:
Well for a start hes played County Cricket so he'd be ahead of Wild and Cam Huckett.

yeah but mate, i played county cricket and only played first grade WACA, thats how good the standard of county cricket is!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back