Subbies 2011/12

Cmon Short & Wide, there is nothing wrong with B&G promoting his club.

Being from a neibouring club myself i can tell you that we are all fighting to attract players and do not have the range or cash that other clubs have. Oakleigh have Mount waverley, Caulfield and Malvern which arent very far away at all. The Plenty valley report also failed to mention they were without 4 players from there 1s...

Curator forgot to turn off the automatic watering system what I heard from Moorabbin yesterday. Not sure why that would have affected the square if the covers were down. Moorabbin looking at their options re points.
Not the first time this has happened this year. Our 2's had to play on it 2nd week with it wet as anything. Interested as to how the deck gets wet if its covered!

Word is the covers were not put down at Willy and sprinklers on.

This will be interesting. Would suggest Willy will struggle to get points out of this game.

The game will be a one dayer this week, if Willy win, of course they will get the points !!
Probably, however, there should be a big fine coming. Years ago, we got $300 for a couple of small holes in our covers that made the pitch unplayable. Surely not putting on covers when directed is a pretty serious and, needless to say, embarrassing position.

good luck to both teams tonight. Should be a cracking game. I wonder whether a METRO melbourne kock out 20/20 comp with a semi final and grand final at the MCG could work?

64 teams to start of with and the first game in Mid November? It would become our own little FA Cup

Th
good luck to both teams tonight. Should be a cracking game. I wonder whether a METRO melbourne kock out 20/20 comp with a semi final and grand final at the MCG could work?

64 teams to start of with and the first game in Mid November? It would become our own little FA Cup
Think they already have something like this, although Subbies are not part of it.

Congratulations to the Oaks on winning the T20 comp last night.
They have been good supporters of the concept from day one.

It was also good to see the Plenty Valley boys in the final as well. I think they are building to something special out there and it should be a great finals series.

I am also "warming" to the T20 subbies concept. Whilst timing of the games will always be an issue, the standard has improved markedly from year one. Now if we could just get rid of the "ring ins."

Congratulations to the Oaks on winning the T20 comp last night.
They have been good supporters of the concept from day one.

It was also good to see the Plenty Valley boys in the final as well. I think they are building to something special out there and it should be a great finals series.

I am also "warming" to the T20 subbies concept. Whilst timing of the games will always be an issue, the standard has improved markedly from year one. Now if we could just get rid of the "ring ins."

did any ring ins play for either side in the final?
What if ring ins were limited to players who had previously played for the club?

did any ring ins play for either side in the final?
What if ring ins were limited to players who had previously played for the club?

No ring ins played for either side in the final, or for either of the finalists in their semi final victories. I liked the idea of the 'guest' player originally as it added an extra dimension to the competition, provided good promotion and relationship building opportunities and presented some good media coverage.
The competition may soon reach a level of quality and success where it does not need this novelty anymore, but I don't think it is quite there yet.

No ring ins played for either side in the final, or for either of the finalists in their semi final victories. I liked the idea of the 'guest' player originally as it added an extra dimension to the competition, provided good promotion and relationship building opportunities and presented some good media coverage.
The competition may soon reach a level of quality and success where it does not need this novelty anymore, but I don't think it is quite there yet.[/quot

Last round, hopefully the last of the rain is gone by end of today. Here's my tips:

Yarraville v Williamstown: Out of Willy's hands, need to win tohave a chance and will
Altona v Elsternwick: Altona have lifted appreciably since Christmas, Elsternwick have too much to play for!
Brighton v Ormond: Match of the round, winner in, loser out. Brighton going a bit better and will stick with them
Malvern v Melton: Again, Malvern have lifted, however, would think Melton too strong
RPB v Sunshine: Long year for both clubs, go with the Crows at home
Werribee v Caulfield: What a great game. Seeing Werribee first hand last week, were impressive, Caulfield not going as well as previously, picking the Bees
Moorabbin v Kingston Saints: Way too important for the Saints to drop this one, although, need to get past the prolific Pradeep as always!

Coming into the cut throat last round just noticed a couple of things on the ladder;
Ormond look like they've lost half their percentage for slow over rates,couldnt have come at a worst time.
willy dont appear to have been awarded any points for their tie v Moorabbin,has there been a protest?
Quick tips for round 13,
Yarra v Willy-no idea,maybe go with the visitors better attack could be the difference plus more to play for.
Altona v Elsternwick-another game impossible to predict,both sides in top form,maybe the visitors again with C O'nell and Jones both bowling really well.
Brighton v Ormond-from memory the visitors find themselves out of top 6 for the 1st time this season and have lost all impetus,cant see them getting up now,Brighton for me.
Malvern v Melton-the Roosters been good lately but face a stern test tomorrow with Melton back to full strength,visitors for me.
Roxy-Broady-v Sunshine-doesn't get any easier here,again no idea ,cant tip the Crows after making 30 something last week but who knows?
Werribee v Caulfield-match of the day,both sides bat very deep,maybe Werribee's lack of a real strike bowler may give Caulfield a slight edge.
Moorabbin v Kingston Sts-the Saints to make their 1st finals appearance with a win here,as SS said only Pradeep who is a freak stands in their way.
Promises to be a great round with places 4,5 6 up for grabs,although a sobering thought for those successful is a trip to Melton,Werribee or Caulfield,still Noble won from 6th so it is possible.
Hope everyone gets on their grounds ok afterall the rain and good luck to all.

Back