Subbies 2011/12

Congratulations Super Saint and to EHCC on your clubs making the finals for the 1st time. Good luck for the week-end.

Second the congrats to the Eagles and Saints, might add Ormond and Brunswick to for congrats as both were probably considered only outside chances for finals action in the pre-season. It's been a long season, but for 6 clubs in each grade 3 wins can make all the hard work and sacrifice worthwhile.

Second the congrats to the Eagles and Saints, might add Ormond and Brunswick to for congrats as both were probably considered only outside chances for finals action in the pre-season. It's been a long season, but for 6 clubs in each grade 3 wins can make all the hard work and sacrifice worthwhile.
Thanks boys. We are absolutely stoked to make it, and whilst it only gets tougher, we look forward to this week's challenges. And well done to Endeavour Hills as well, great to see them make it as well!

congrats to willy with 3 teams in...long time since this has happened prob 99/00...though the ones which have had their fair share of finals series in the past wernt good enough to make it 4 teams in........us in the lower grades will do them and the rest of the club proud......

2nds 3rds n 4ths are all up and about to go deep into march........nothing better than finishing work and heading to training this time of year........

u/17's up and about as well looking for a 3 peat good luck to ywl and his troops!!!!

s/s congrats to your club melton should be very wary come sat/sun........

melton or werribee to win the flag go the westies!!!!

plenty valley in the other group......

goodluck peeps......

congrats to willy with 3 teams in...long time since this has happened prob 99/00...though the ones which have had their fair share of finals series in the past wernt good enough to make it 4 teams in........us in the lower grades will do them and the rest of the club proud......

2nds 3rds n 4ths are all up and about to go deep into march........nothing better than finishing work and heading to training this time of year........

u/17's up and about as well looking for a 3 peat good luck to ywl and his troops!!!!

s/s congrats to your club melton should be very wary come sat/sun........

melton or werribee to win the flag go the westies!!!!

plenty valley in the other group......

goodluck peeps......
Thanks mate, although we're out at Werribee. Top 3 have been the dominant sides, but you never know..............

Oakleigh will win North-East

Quarter finals Saturday/Sunday,will there be an upset or two or will the faves all win?
Melton v Ormond-the visitors picked themselves up off the mat to make 6th spot so will go into this game with nothing to lose,no idea how long since they made a finals appearance.
Melton at home and back to full strength should be too good though;Melton$1.20,Ormond $4.50.
Werribee v Kingston-a first ever finals appearance for the Saints and the first in a fair while for the Tigers.Kingston will look to atone for the drubbing received when these two last met,however Werribee's batting looks way too strong and they should account for the visitors comfortably;Werribee $1.35,KS $4.00
Caulfield v Elsternwick-got a hunch this is the game where an upset could be on,the visitors attack is in top form with O'neill,Jones and McGorian forming a potent strike force,if O'Shea can temper his aggression a little and make a big score ir could set Elsty up for the win.Caulfield $1.65,Elsty $2.70.
Perfect conditions should see some great cricket so get along to a game and enjoy a cold one or two,best of luck to all.
I'll throw the raquet at the Nth/East games,
;OAKLEIGH v Preston
PLENTY v Brunswick
Endeavour Hills v COBURG

Quarter finals Saturday/Sunday,will there be an upset or two or will the faves all win?
Melton v Ormond-the visitors picked themselves up off the mat to make 6th spot so will go into this game with nothing to lose,no idea how long since they made a finals appearance.
Melton at home and back to full strength should be too good though;Melton$1.20,Ormond $4.50.
Werribee v Kingston-a first ever finals appearance for the Saints and the first in a fair while for the Tigers.Kingston will look to atone for the drubbing received when these two last met,however Werribee's batting looks way too strong and they should account for the visitors comfortably;Werribee $1.35,KS $4.00
Caulfield v Elsternwick-got a hunch this is the game where an upset could be on,the visitors attack is in top form with O'neill,Jones and McGorian forming a potent strike force,if O'Shea can temper his aggression a little and make a big score ir could set Elsty up for the win.Caulfield $1.65,Elsty $2.70.
Perfect conditions should see some great cricket so get along to a game and enjoy a cold one or two,best of luck to all.
I'll throw the raquet at the Nth/East games,
;OAKLEIGH v Preston
PLENTY v Brunswick
Endeavour Hills v COBURG

The top 3 all go in sound favourites. From our point of view, we have nothing to lose and won't bat as badly as we did a few weeks ago. Key is to keep their top 4 under check, possibly harder said than done!

There were a couple of disappointing results over the weekend , espcially for SS and the Ormond boys. To finally be amongst the finals action after such a long absence, and then to be hammered like that has got to sting a little.

It also shows the gulf in talent between the top two and the 5th & 6th teams, come the first week of the finals.

Any one care to frame a market for the Hatch medal? There has been some outstanding performers this year.

There were a couple of disappointing results over the weekend , espcially for SS and the Ormond boys. To finally be amongst the finals action after such a long absence, and then to be hammered like that has got to sting a little.

It also shows the gulf in talent between the top two and the 5th & 6th teams, come the first week of the finals.

Any one care to frame a market for the Hatch medal? There has been some outstanding performers this year.
Yes, very disappointing for us. Great for us to make it, now we know exactly where we need to lift to make up the difference.
For mine, Werribee are the team to beat, they have a nice blend of experienced and young players.

Hard to tip against the Champs in the West, despite a terrific season from the boys from Chirnside.

Mick Allen would be about a $1.85 favourite for the Hatch, shortest price since Sheedy two years ago in recent memory.

Also saw our old mate Weapo blast a ton in the 4s on the weekend.

Weapo looks in good nick above!
All four sides could win in my opinion,will come down to a winning toss or an umpiring decision,more of that later in the week.
Always happy to oblige with a market S&W and a team of the year;
TOTY-M.Allen [c] Melton
B McGuinness Oak
C Sheedy W'town
S Dean Werribee
S Pradeep M'bbin
T O'Brien Werribee
R Damiano Cfield
M Pereira Noble Park
M Harwood Melton
M Inness W'town
J Manser Brighton
Difficult job trying to pick a balanced side,means leaving out players of the calibre of Harrison,Travaglia,Ingram,Cross,O'Shea,Jones,Paterson,Lewis etc.
I agree Mick Allen would be pretty short;
$2,00-Allen
$5.00-McGuinness
$6.50 Sheedy,O'Brien
$8.00 Pradeep
Come on boys,shoot me down!

Weapo looks in good nick above!
All four sides could win in my opinion,will come down to a winning toss or an umpiring decision,more of that later in the week.
Always happy to oblige with a market S&W and a team of the year;
TOTY-M.Allen [c] Melton
B McGuinness Oak
C Sheedy W'town
S Dean Werribee
S Pradeep M'bbin
T O'Brien Werribee
R Damiano Cfield
M Pereira Noble Park
M Harwood Melton
M Inness W'town
J Manser Brighton
Difficult job trying to pick a balanced side,means leaving out players of the calibre of Harrison,Travaglia,Ingram,Cross,O'Shea,Jones,Paterson,Lewis etc.
I agree Mick Allen would be pretty short;
$2,00-Allen
$5.00-McGuinness
$6.50 Sheedy,O'Brien
$8.00 Pradeep
Come on boys,shoot me down!
Good start. Although he's a good player, can't have Harwood in there, would have to be Dallas Jones or Mick Lewis, probably Lewis as he's made a few runs.

Allen is the favourite, O'Brien the clear second favourite for me.

And finally, Weapo should be making runs playing 4th XI. Surely should be playing higher!!!

For the record SS,Harwood 368 @46,Lewis 186@13.
Dont think it would matter anyway,with a top 8 like that before them unlikely they'd ever get a hit!
Weopo doing the right thing by his club,helping out the kids in the 4s.

For the record SS,Harwood 368 @46,Lewis 186@13.
Dont think it would matter anyway,with a top 8 like that before them unlikely they'd ever get a hit!
Weopo doing the right thing by his club,helping out the kids in the 4s.
Looking more at the wickets, Harwood 16, Lewis 30+. Whilst Harwood's runs are a bonus, I would suggest he is primarily there to get wickets.
Re Weapo, very much tongue in cheek, always good when older guys go down the grades and help out the kids.

As a spectator, I would much prefer to watch a final match between the group finalists than a QF where the 5th and 6th teams get flogged. If a pattern develops where these teams are consistently flogged in the QF this will strengthen the case for a return to the previous arrangement.

As a spectator, I would much prefer to watch a final match between the group finalists than a QF where the 5th and 6th teams get flogged. If a pattern develops where these teams are consistently flogged in the QF this will strengthen the case for a return to the previous arrangement.

the 5th and 6th teams were quite competative in the north east group.
It certainly makes the the last few rounds more interesting for more clus and a final 6 in a 14 team comp seems fair enough to me.
I actually think the bigger issue we have is that we don't have a reseve weekend if there is a washout on grand final weekend.

the 5th and 6th teams were quite competative in the north east group.
It certainly makes the the last few rounds more interesting for more clus and a final 6 in a 14 team comp seems fair enough to me.
I actually think the bigger issue we have is that we don't have a reseve weekend if there is a washout on grand final weekend.
spectator comp.

Two very valid points Nancy. In respect to the first, I accept this is a participation comp. As to the second issue, it would leave a very empty feeling if the senior grade GF in particular could not be completed due to no reserve weekend provisions. Does the comp have contingency plans for the senior grade GF? Can members help me out on this question? As to curating, I would offer my services at short notice if it was the only obstacle to the senior GF being played on a reserve weekend.

Back