Subbies 2011/12

Yep,someone has to be on the bottom I guess.
Would there ever be a case for looking at a restructure with a promotion/relegation scenario/
Maybe take the top 3 or 4 teams from each group and make it Division 1,eg,Altona,Melton,Willy from the West,Caulfield,Malvern,Brighton from the south etc etc with the premier from Divsion 2 going up.
Probably too radical for Subbies who are pretty conservative by nature.
Some clubs who maybe allocated a spot in the 2nd Division would get their noses out of joint too.Still,could be possible with a lot of tinkering,thoughts?

Having 2 Divisions is a bad idea when you have such a large number of clubs. If I was a district player finishing up there is no way I'd play in 2nd Div. If I was a young player wanting to play turf at subbies before moving on to district there is no way I'd play 2nd division as all the ex District players who I could play against would be in 1st division. The top teams will get better and the 2nd div side won't be able to recruit. Leave it as it is so that every side has an even chance at being a Subbies premier team. The tiered comps in my area don't work and only promote mediocrity the more divisions you drop. From what I have seen Subbies is a good comp with the 2 top divisions. The people that want a tiered comp should maybe go and spend a year playing in a 2nd or 3rd div club somewhere and see the problems these clubs have trying to recruit, remain proffesional in training and playing, and trying to raise funds and survive.

Having 2 Divisions is a bad idea when you have such a large number of clubs. If I was a district player finishing up there is no way I'd play in 2nd Div. If I was a young player wanting to play turf at subbies before moving on to district there is no way I'd play 2nd division as all the ex District players who I could play against would be in 1st division. The top teams will get better and the 2nd div side won't be able to recruit. Leave it as it is so that every side has an even chance at being a Subbies premier team. The tiered comps in my area don't work and only promote mediocrity the more divisions you drop. From what I have seen Subbies is a good comp with the 2 top divisions. The people that want a tiered comp should maybe go and spend a year playing in a 2nd or 3rd div club somewhere and see the problems these clubs have trying to recruit, remain proffesional in training and playing, and trying to raise funds and survive.
Things a bit slow over at the DVCA site, Champ?

There have been some good discussions, originally raised by PB, both for and against the idea.

Sadly, this piece of drivel ain't one of 'em.

I tend to lose interest in anyone that attempts to make their argument with "if I was a District Player". I'm tipping that you arn't, weren't, or never will be. Or "if I was a young player looking to move to District ." (see previous line.)
Speak for yourself and let your arguments rest on that.

Whilst promotion/relegation may not work in your area, they have been the cornerstone of the VTCA competition, widely regarded as the next rung from Subbies, And sides are able to attract good players, because they can show a prospective player exactly what their goals are.

I also find it amusing that you suggest that people who favour PB's model should spend a year in a 2nd or 3rd Division comp. seeing for themselves before they form an opinion, Yet you have NO TROUBLE telling us what we should do, based on your extensive experience following the Bullants around for 10 minutes.

"I think we have a new club house leader."

agree with the interesting round comment. Maybe not your selections.
Oaks to win easy. Bowling the house down at the moment.
E'Wick need to win this one, having to play Caulfield in last round. Kingston lose their 2 PNG after this game so must win as well. Going with Kingston at home in upset.
Caulfield - is Cross still playing though?
Croydon can still make it and run home is not difficult but not going well. Noble Park to win.
Bayswater will win another one. Winning the games against the middle/lower ladder teams.
Box Hill maybe. See Goldsmith played for them on Sunday. Recent Hatch medallist. If they have him, makes them even more dangerous.
Brighton should win but think they have some injuries. Will need to be on their game.

Still no Cross at Caulfield and Richo having a rest this round.

We played in VTCA, originally starting in the lowest grade.

Over 10 years, we improved to the point we were in Senior Division. We did this by fostering locals and bringing in some hard nosed professionals who taught the kids to win. If you strive to get to the top, you can and probably will.

agree with the interesting round comment. Maybe not your selections.
Oaks to win easy. Bowling the house down at the moment.
E'Wick need to win this one, having to play Caulfield in last round. Kingston lose their 2 PNG after this game so must win as well. Going with Kingston at home in upset.
Caulfield - is Cross still playing though?
Croydon can still make it and run home is not difficult but not going well. Noble Park to win.
Bayswater will win another one. Winning the games against the middle/lower ladder teams.
Box Hill maybe. See Goldsmith played for them on Sunday. Recent Hatch medallist. If they have him, makes them even more dangerous.
Brighton should win but think they have some injuries. Will need to be on their game.
I'll add to the SE
Oaks easy
Saints have to win last 2 and hope some results fall into place, Wicks going OK, O'Shea the key to the game!
Caulfield
Noble due for a win
Bayswater should win
Box Hill playing better. Issue with Goldsmith is how many do you need to play to qualify for finals.
Moorabbin starting to make some scores, picking them in an upset.

Also heard around the traps that after leaving Brighton, Seven offered his services to Caulfield.

Some quality stuff boys!,Goliath into big cricket immortality photo finishing the Broady Pres.
Just a few observations;On Cross,a legendary Caulfield man was quoted that he[Cross] was the best player he'd seen at Caulfield,not a bad wrap.
On Goldsmith,I think it's 3 to qualify,he certainly would be the wildcard for Box Hill if he does,he can really play.
Who is this Seven character,what's his background,anyone help?Quick tips for N/W;
Kew
Willy-[Pitch scored a 2 last round I think
Melton
Brunswick
Balwyn
Broady
Altona
This round might answer a few questions as we get down to the business end.

Some quality stuff boys!,Goliath into big cricket immortality photo finishing the Broady Pres.
Just a few observations;On Cross,a legendary Caulfield man was quoted that he[Cross] was the best player he'd seen at Caulfield,not a bad wrap.
On Goldsmith,I think it's 3 to qualify,he certainly would be the wildcard for Box Hill if he does,he can really play.
Who is this Seven character,what's his background,anyone help?Quick tips for N/W;
Kew
Willy-[Pitch scored a 2 last round I think
Melton
Brunswick
Balwyn
Broady
Altona
This round might answer a few questions as we get down to the business end.
Seven played grade cricket up in Brisbane. Can bat, 375 to Xmas is testimony to that.

No play B'Meadows v Ivanhoe? Any heads up?

punchon............massive

trivia time..........

there will be a new inductee into the 200 game club this week......... including this player he will be 1 of 9 players who have made over 4000 runs and taken 400+ wickets.....who is it..........????

out of the 9 players 5 are still current players who are they????

if your good enough for a bonus pt........who are the other 4........????

Things a bit slow over at the DVCA site, Champ?

There have been some good discussions, originally raised by PB, both for and against the idea.

Sadly, this piece of drivel ain't one of 'em.

I tend to lose interest in anyone that attempts to make their argument with "if I was a District Player". I'm tipping that you arn't, weren't, or never will be. Or "if I was a young player looking to move to District ." (see previous line.)
Speak for yourself and let your arguments rest on that.

Whilst promotion/relegation may not work in your area, they have been the cornerstone of the VTCA competition, widely regarded as the next rung from Subbies, And sides are able to attract good players, because they can show a prospective player exactly what their goals are.

I also find it amusing that you suggest that people who favour PB's model should spend a year in a 2nd or 3rd Division comp. seeing for themselves before they form an opinion, Yet you have NO TROUBLE telling us what we should do, based on your extensive experience following the Bullants around for 10 minutes.

"I think we have a new club house leader."

Well done Muppet. Good to see your posts are up to your usual standard with no factual base and your IQ level seriously questioned. The responses to each section of my post are non sensical and maybe you should get off the green stuff. You obviously have not followed cricket seriously for a number of years. Maybe you need to get back to grass roots levels and play VTCA 3rd Div. as you hold VTCA in such high regard.
Super Saints response was a more intelligent one and maybe you need to go through and read some of these and perhaps copy their efforts. Super saint, I say well done to your club to work your way up through a tiered comp but it took 10 years. You could get to the top in Subbies a lot quicker as its not a tiered comp so surely thats a lot better.
To the other muppet who mentioned developing juniors and bringing them up through your club not all clubs are in a demigraphic area where large numbers of juniors actually play cricket. These clubs rely more on recruiting.Junior numbers are dropping in all comps and CV has recognised this. Too bad you and your muppet mates aren't more informed.

there will be a new inductee into the 200 game club this week......... including this player he will be 1 of 9 players who have made over 4000 runs and taken 400+ wickets.....who is it..........????

I'll try for $500 thanks Eddy - Craig Sheedy?

out of the 9 players 5 are still current players who are they????

For $1000 Eddy - S.Ayres,G McFarlane, D Scott, S. Molloy, C Sheedy

if your good enough for a bonus pt........who are the other 4........????

And for the big one Eddy - J Wildsmith, J Salvado, E Rutenfelds, V Holton.

Well done Muppet. Good to see your posts are up to your usual standard with no factual base and your IQ level seriously questioned. The responses to each section of my post are non sensical and maybe you should get off the green stuff. You obviously have not followed cricket seriously for a number of years. Maybe you need to get back to grass roots levels and play VTCA 3rd Div. as you hold VTCA in such high regard.
Super Saints response was a more intelligent one and maybe you need to go through and read some of these and perhaps copy their efforts. Super saint, I say well done to your club to work your way up through a tiered comp but it took 10 years. You could get to the top in Subbies a lot quicker as its not a tiered comp so surely thats a lot better.
To the other muppet who mentioned developing juniors and bringing them up through your club not all clubs are in a demigraphic area where large numbers of juniors actually play cricket. These clubs rely more on recruiting.Junior numbers are dropping in all comps and CV has recognised this. Too bad you and your muppet mates aren't more informed.
Yeah, I could and I probably should "give it to you" again.

It's just so hard to take seriously any one who thinks "non sensical" is a word and still hasn't realised that "district cricket" has been called Premier Cricket for quite a while now.

However, let me be the first to wish you well in your ongoing search for a new village. As the legend PB. remarked, your status is assured here.

Back