Subbies Thread

Pritchard has now left Werribee and is heading to the local league near home.
If he lives in Melton he has, according to p7 of the CV Report, 8 different associations to choose from!! Not that the CV Model would have had much impact reducing Melton Council's dealings with multiple associations given my understanding there are only 3 turf pitches in Melton (the non-subbies one being shared by the 2 local clubs that compete in the Willy Comp's turf division). He would be a dominant player in that comp. I doubt that is where he is headed.

We share similar views and, I suggest, of particular relevance to this forum is that southern division clubs thinking of looking to the subbies as an alternative would be well advised to wait and see what transpires over the next few months. As to your presumption the subbies are also continuing to have chats with CV, I think they should but wonder whether, instead, CV in concert with the VTCA, will conspire to offer more attractive alternatives to disaffected southern division clubs having the effect of drying up a source for the subbies to top-up its numbers. I cannot help thinking the subbies have burned their bridges with CV. I understand CV will soon meet with clubs in the southern region. The concerns posted by Scratch, Rat'n'bat etc appear to have been heeded. I look forward to posts from them. I recall reading posts a few months ago stating that Hoppers and Y/club players were then tweeting they considered the Senior Division superior to the subbies, so I suppose McNamara's comment is in line with the VTCA's thinking. A combination of the best from both would undoubtedly be the best standard outside Premier, but that will not eventuate.

It's my understanding that for clubs to join subbies it isn't as simple as the club wanting to join and the subbies finding a vacancy. A pretty important stakeholder has to vote in favour of new clubs joining the VSDCA and given the current environment that is simply not going to happen

I'm not sure what the constitution says. I would suggest it is a members vote however.
Does St Kilda returning to Moorabbin have an effect on the potential merger. I can't imagine there'd be a hell of a lot of money for local grassroots sport (and to help Kingston Saints upgrade their ground) if $5m of council's sport budget is to assist a professional club move bases......again!!

If he lives in Melton he has, according to p7 of the CV Report, 8 different associations to choose from!! Not that the CV Model would have had much impact reducing Melton Council's dealings with multiple associations given my understanding there are only 3 turf pitches in Melton (the non-subbies one being shared by the 2 local clubs that compete in the Willy Comp's turf division). He would be a dominant player in that comp. I doubt that is where he is headed.

Pritchard is playing for Darley.

Pritchard is playing for Darley.

Thanks for that. This time last year I posted James Wheelahan was joining cousin Brian at Darley but he later had a change of mind. I wish Darley better luck this time. I regularly walk around Dempster Park with a life member of Sunshine CC, so I could not help being amused by Piston Broke's post the VTCA would not be able to field a side without their imports. I doubt the majority of imports care what competition they are joining when they sign up--its all about money I suggest.

Why don't both comps have an annual match , would be good for cricket, but no overseas players
Why would Subbies be interested, they already play against Vic Country to assist them with their preparation for the their National Carnival.

I'm not sure too many players would be interested in playing against one of the local comps.

Why don't both comps have an annual match , would be good for cricket, but no overseas players

It would be great, a better way to settle it than reading comments suggesting one league is better than the other. Not that a match would necessarily answer the question, but would be a good event for both comps.

I'm sure VTCA and Subbies must have considered this before.

Even a T20 match would be good given it's less of a time impost.

I still think you would struggle to get players interested, and I reckon TWO rep. games a year for Subbies players is too much.

"Who the better comp is, " comments seem to be coming primarily from the VTCA bloggers. I don't think most Subbies participants give a rat's arse about comparisons.

I still think you would struggle to get players interested, and I reckon TWO rep. games a year for Subbies players is too much.

"Who the better comp is, " comments seem to be coming primarily from the VTCA bloggers. I don't think most Subbies participants give a rat's arse about comparisons.
That's because it might be true

The VTCAs top division is made up of 12 teams, put subbies top 12 up against the VTCA senior division clubs and I think ul find subbies have them covered.

Been told today Mitch Johnson has been appointed by Werribee as Coach for the next 3 yrs, and, that the possibility W'bee will soon be admitted to Premier was a relevant issue in his decision. BTW, good to see banter of late on the which comp is superior, for that is all it should be. I suspect I'm on the same wavelength as short'n'wide on this issue.

Back