Subbies Thread

Yes Mr Cox in his wisdom and grab for glory is pushing forward with empire building. The problem is, most senior people in the SECA do not want this to happen. Their fear is that the Synthetic component of the proposal would allow the turf comp to take precedent at the expense of the Synthetic clubs on which the comp has been based on for over 80 years.
I know of at least 6 Longmuir clubs who would not vote for this at the moment.
And this concerns anyone in Subbies, HOW!!!!!

Last edited:
I think the interesting part is that it's his first move into club cricket. Yes its East Sandy and they play on carpet and its his local club, but it opens the doors to next year and beyond for clubs to make ridiculous offers to get him eg Caulfield

Interesting get for Moorabin with Saliya Ahangama as coach. Comes with good pedigree but is coming from a long way behind.

I've heard that Subbies will start their season the day before AFL GF (this is now a public holiday). Anyone else heard similar?

Well would interesting but remember MCA had cricket on grand final day 2010 when we had grand final replay but only played limited overs and we're all early starts but good luck to the subbies if they start

Going to be interesting after tonight's vote.

My mail is that it will go through, Hoppers will come into the VSDCA and into the West Group, RPB will move into the North Group, Balwyn into the East and then Oakleigh into the South.

Last edited:
You mean RPB to the North?Have heard We will start on the friday prior to the Afl GF assuming the public holiday is officially ratified.

Yes sorry RPB to the North, have edited my post now.

And yep I have heard the same re the game on the day before the GF, also possibility of the Sunday after the GF but that would be a horrible call in my opinion.

My mail is that it will go through, Hoppers will come into the VSDCA and into the West Group, RPB will move into the North Group, Balwyn into the East and then Oakleigh into the South.
So in south we would have the likes of Caulfield, Ormond, Malvern and oakleigh...stiff competition..

So in south we would have the likes of Caulfield, Ormond, Malvern and oakleigh...stiff competition..

Would be a big move to place Oakleigh in the South.

The powerhouse clubs of each region today would likely be Caulfield (south), Werribee (west), Plenty Valley (north) and Oakleigh (east), so placing any one of these clubs into another region would be a signficant change.

I'm sure arguments can be made for other clubs too, e.g. Malvern, Melton.

Not saying the vote won't be in favour tonight but a bit confused as to how people can have "mail". My understanding would be that it will need an in favour vote of either 50.1% or 75% depending on their constitution. That means at least 40+ opinions being canvassed for the mail to be of any value. Having been down this road before, our experience was that a pre-meeting poll of 80% turned into a 53% actual on the night, well short of the 75% needed. People can and may well change their mind when the pressure hits...

Would be a big move to place Oakleigh in the South.

The powerhouse clubs of each region today would likely be Caulfield (south), Werribee (west), Plenty Valley (north) and Oakleigh (east), so placing any one of these clubs into another region would be a signficant change.

I'm sure arguments can be made for other clubs too, e.g. Malvern, Melton.
On the other side of the coin, Moorabbin are going to get flogged next year!

A couple of observations;
Maybe about time Oakleigh had some genuine competition instead of monster ing the so called minnows in the east for so long.
Agreed with rtg,unsure how you can have Mail on a supposed secret vote,
Moorabbin get pumped every year!

Will be interesting how it all works as there will be need to be big coin coin spent to fix up the main ground and training facilities as Kingston council council have giving big money to st kilda football club plus also what will happen to the left over players from both clubs

Back