Subbies Thread

Gents, as stated above, the vote went through pretty comprehensively.
My self imposed media ban has ended, happy to answer any questions you may have that are in reason.

Gents, as stated above, the vote went through pretty comprehensively.
My self imposed media ban has ended, happy to answer any questions you may have that are in reason.

Location of your 3rd and 4th XI Ground? (St Bede's slightly too small for Premier)
How many KS players will be part on the initial Premier team's next season?

Location of your 3rd and 4th XI Ground? (St Bede's slightly too small for Premier)
For this year, CV will provide Harry Trott whilst a permanent 3's and 4's ground is found.

In relation to players, a good question. I would suggest the older brigade would not want to play Premier, certainly I have no desire to play. Issue will be quality 1st XI players. Realistically, none will come out of the Kingston Saints playing list of last season.

For this year, CV will provide Harry Trott whilst a permanent 3's and 4's ground is found.

In relation to players, a good question. I would suggest the older brigade would not want to play Premier, certainly I have no desire to play. Issue will be quality 1st XI players. Realistically, none will come out of the Kingston Saints playing list of last season.

Wouldn't HT be a better option for your 1's and 2's in the first season, play the 3's and 4's at WG ???? There is a massive amount of logistics to be done in such a short period of time, and while there is football being played on WG including some finals then I can't see how the ground will be ready for the first few rounds ????

Wouldn't HT be a better option for your 1's and 2's in the first season, play the 3's and 4's at WG ???? There is a massive amount of logistics to be done in such a short period of time, and while there is football being played on WG including some finals then I can't see how the ground will be ready for the first few rounds ????
Good questions, can't really answer them.

Can you use Parkdale secondary college ? Only problem that is turf square too small no changerooms but closer to main ground

Not saying the vote won't be in favour tonight but a bit confused as to how people can have "mail". My understanding would be that it will need an in favour vote of either 50.1% or 75% depending on their constitution. That means at least 40+ opinions being canvassed for the mail to be of any value. Having been down this road before, our experience was that a pre-meeting poll of 80% turned into a 53% actual on the night, well short of the 75% needed. People can and may well change their mind when the pressure hits...
A couple of observations;
Maybe about time Oakleigh had some genuine competition instead of monster ing the so called minnows in the east for so long.
Agreed with rtg,unsure how you can have Mail on a supposed secret vote,
Moorabbin get pumped every year!

Turns out my 'mail' wasn't too bad...
South/West next year will be massive if the changes do go ahead as predicted.
You don't sound too impressed with the merger Super Saint, were you in that 7% against it?
Best of luck to Kingston going into Premier Cricket.
That is now the 10th VSDCA Club that has made its way into Premier ranks and still CV are trying to eliminate our competition, funny how it works, they are happy to get rid of us but as soon as they need a top up Club we are the ones they turn to...

You don't sound too impressed with the merger Super Saint, were you in that 7% against it?
That is now the 10th VSDCA Club that has made its way into Premier ranks and still CV are trying to eliminate our competition, funny how it works, they are happy to get rid of us but as soon as they need a top up Club we are the ones they turn to...
I'm a bit indifferent. Undoubtedly a great opportunity, having been part of the committee for a long time, I know how hard it is to get people to do work, which has to happen here. Let's hope plenty of people put up their hand. for me, this is the perfect opportunity to hand the batten to the next generation.

Personally,i'm disappointed with the decision,I just don't understand how a club could vote itself out of existence to get into bed with a homeless mob who look to be merely taking advantage of a club with good facilities they can utilise.
Just my opinion,but good luck and I hope it works out for the best but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Personally,i'm disappointed with the decision,I just don't understand how a club could vote itself out of existence to get into bed with a homeless mob who look to be merely taking advantage of a club with good facilities they can utilise.
Just my opinion,but good luck and I hope it works out for the best but I wouldn't hold my breath.
I agree. They have already killed off one Subbies club. If they were invested they would drop the Hawthorn from the name like North Melbourne and Richmond did when they moved. Good luck to the Kingston people. Maybe an opportunity they had to take, but too bad they couldn't choose a better partner.

If there's going to be minimal Kingston Saints players playing, and Moorabbin have picked up a dozen HMU players, plus the other First XI players (and coach) already confirmed departures, where are the players going to come from?

I agree with your sentiment re: Plenty Valley, Melton, Werribee. In this circumstance it feels more like a Premier club looking to latch onto another clubs facilities.

I agree with your sentiment re: Plenty Valley, Melton, Werribee. In this circumstance it feels more like a Premier club looking to latch onto another clubs facilities.
No doubt they have latched on to us. Circumstances of them having to merge are not of their doing, rather international students to Monash. That being said, I will be looking over proceedings very closely.

No doubt they have latched on to us. Circumstances of them having to merge are not of their doing, rather international students to Monash. That being said, I will be looking over proceedings very closely.

I wish your club all the best, and hope that it works out well. The desperate and dateless one in this relationship is definitely Hawthorn.

What was given as the reason for the HMU split? My understanding is that Monash Uni Gryphons will now take over their facilities (WHAT A WASTE!).

I wonder if the relationship with the university ever recovered from the salary cap rorting scandel a few years back.

I wish your club all the best, and hope that it works out well. The desperate and dateless one in this relationship is definitely Hawthorn.

What was given as the reason for the HMU split? My understanding is that Monash Uni Gryphons will now take over their facilities (WHAT A WASTE!).

I wonder if the relationship with the university ever recovered from the salary cap rorting scandel a few years back.
Uni is building accommodation which will take out one ground and facilities. Remaining ground is to be converted to a hard wicket.

Uni is building accommodation which will take out one ground and facilities. Remaining ground is to be converted to a hard wicket.
Interesting, that's a shame. If that's how things turn out then the University is obviously more interesting in farming their international student contingent for every last dollar rather than providing amenities to its students.

Back