Subbies Thread

Back to the cricket and the VSDCA big match ups all round this weekend obviously. You would think Plenty, Caulfield and Werribee would get through but the close one for me is Bayswater v Oakleigh. I'm backing the Oak's to win away from home. Werribee v Oakleigh and Plenty v Caulfield would be a blockbuster weekend of GF's.
Is it true that if Ormond win the final will be there

Southern sledge has just posted on the BC vtca site how good the 4 day finals format is. Have to agree I prefer it to the subbies format but I do not like the neutral venue aspect. In the Vtca division in which my club plays it finished third at the end of the home and away and, as day 2 was lost in the GF due to the host club's cover having more holes in it than swiss cheese (and no hessian), my mob still had a chance to secure a result in it's favour. Super Saint has told us his club was fined $300 by the subbies for holes in its cover. I will be surprised if the vtca fine the host club bearing in mind it was a neutral venue.

Pretty tough fining a club for a hole in their covers, when they can be put down in good nick only for some drop kick to come along and damage them or a dog running over them

Pretty tough fining a club for a hole in their covers, when they can be put down in good nick only for some drop kick to come along and damage them or a dog running over them

Super Saint, please keep in mind the above argument should the subbies again seek to fine your club $300 in the event you again have the misfortune to have a hole in your cover causing an interuption to play.

Westland, are you one on them people that just go around talking shit about clubs?

It may be helpful for you to know I had already suggested to both my club and the other that was a guest of the Flemington CC that the host club should be thanked for having made its venue available--particularly as their curator told me it was at short notice. It is, I think, a big ask of the VTCA to expect a club to host a GF over 2 weekends (and even more so, when its teams do not participate in the same division as the guests, as was the case here). I hope Flemington's takings over the bar/canteen were significantly more than they would have otherwise been. I think, in the event of you reading my posts on this forum, you will conclude I do try to stick to the facts. However, my recent post to Super Saint was an attempt at wry humour on my part and would not have been lost on him.

Tell you what am I sick of reading about covers and curators especially ones from the VTCA! WHO GIVES A FLYING? There are two ripping Grand Finals this weekend and you are continually talking about pointless crap!

Not at all, follow it closely with quite a few I know playing around the traps. I rate Dean Edmunds and played against him , so i'll go for them

Fair enough. If you don't make it to Caulfield Park, you should pop in to Warrawee at some stage. At both venues you will get to see first hand the difference a final hosted by a participating club makes to the spectacle. If you drop in, have a look at Vorster from Noble, more likely to be the difference than Edmunds, maybe see if he wants to come down to Princess Park next season...

Noble Park to win a very tight game with Fernando MOTM
Caulfield to win with Warren MOTM

The top team hosting the finals works really well. My only concern is that I think all 3rds and 4ths grand finals should be played on a main oval which isn't the case.

The Hatch medal will be tight - Pritchard and Maynard have been amazing but Ayres is still the winner

Tell you what am I sick of reading about covers and curators especially ones from the VTCA! WHO GIVES A FLYING? There are two ripping Grand Finals this weekend and you are continually talking about pointless crap!

A little harsh YWL given the prime focus of my posts was to open up debate on the subbies participating clubs approach versus the VTCA's neutral venue approach. As you will see from recent posts from other contributors, this has been recognised by them.

Back