Subbies Thread

With home & away figures only it is quite staggering that Wintle missed out, 627 runs, 2 centuries 3 fifties an average of 57 and 6 runs off being the highest run scorer in South East group. Only 2 scored more than him in the North West.
I'm obviously biased, but the bloke also took 15 catches as an outfielder, an outstanding effort. Any of those 3 guys I mentioned would not have been out of place in that team!

I hear Issy Perera could be on the move been offered more coin at a VTCA senior division club plus leading DDCA club looking at him

On reading Tony Dodemaide's article in today's H/S he fails to make clear the CV model does not initially propose the synthetic turf teams form part of it. He may be correct in saying in the City of Melton ''there are 13 cricket clubs with affiliations in 8 different associations'', but as pointed out in my recent post to YWL, there are only 3 turf pitches in Melton -- the 2 at Maccy Park and the other shared by two clubs competing in the Willy comp. So, this would still leave in Melton 10 cricket clubs with affiliations in 6 different associations. As for his former club, Footscray United, the ''Churches Comp'' is synthetic only, as is the Western Region Junior CA. The Willy comp has already agreed to hand over its turf division to the CV model. Instead, it could look to the VTCA for this facility with the Willy, Churches and Junior comps combining to form a full-service synthetic comp.

On reading Tony Dodemaide's article in today's H/S he fails to make clear the CV model does not initially propose the synthetic turf teams form part of it. He may be correct in saying in the City of Melton ''there are 13 cricket clubs with affiliations in 8 different associations'', but as pointed out in my recent post to YWL, there are only 3 turf pitches in Melton -- the 2 at Maccy Park and the other shared by two clubs competing in the Willy comp. So, this would still leave in Melton 10 cricket clubs with affiliations in 6 different associations. As for his former club, Footscray United, the ''Churches Comp'' is synthetic only, as is the Western Region Junior CA. The Willy comp has already agreed to hand over its turf division to the CV model. Instead, it could look to the VTCA for this facility with the Willy, Churches and Junior comps combining to form a full-service synthetic comp.
Interesting that he didn't mention they booted Phil O'Meara off the 'Taskforce'!

Back