Subbies Thread

Assume RPB haven't signed anyone else as they are usually quite vocal on social media etc about these things. Or could just be keeping them quiet at the moment.

Some good gets for Willy there, Dale McDonald will be great as CC. Seems as though you guys have a good relationship with Greenvale, always good to have with a Premier club (Altona & FECC have a similar situation). Twentyman and Castle will be good in the top order. Not sure about Cook (thought he bowled more but looking at stats only took 2 wickets last season) and O'Malley but anyone with Premier experience is great. Anyone besides Sheedy, Hodges and Inness leaving/retiring? Surprised if one of Dervan and Rainone haven't taken the next step to Premier yet. Don't have to share if you don't see the need!

The rest are all staying, Dervan and Rainone included.

Massive outs for Greenvale, not trying to go off topic but I find it staggering that Premier wants to go to 20 teams and you have Kingston Hawthorn without a coach, Greenvale no captain and half the 1st XI gone, and Casey no captain, no coach and a big chunk of the First XI gone. The big clubs are doing well but the smaller ones are getting picked off. And we want to increase teams?

Massive outs for Greenvale, not trying to go off topic but I find it staggering that Premier wants to go to 20 teams and you have Kingston Hawthorn without a coach, Greenvale no captain and half the 1st XI gone, and Casey no captain, no coach and a big chunk of the First XI gone. The big clubs are doing well but the smaller ones are getting picked off. And we want to increase teams?
Won't work talent pool too thin.

I have said numerous times on here that exact point, they should be looking at reducing Premier Cricket rather than expanding it. Couldn't agree more with your sentiments.

Don't be surprised if the MCA start on AFL Grand final day at 9am play recuched overs like it did when we had the Grand Final replay in 2010 the MCA would love to get one up on Premier and the Subbies mind you been October it will be a wash out ha!

Paul Amy thinks Barry Nievandt is likely Kingston Hawthorn coach. Fully agree with what you say. Do you also think the subbies clubs named as aspirants for promotion to Premier are also being destabilised?

I have said numerous times on here that exact point, they should be looking at reducing Premier Cricket rather than expanding it. Couldn't agree more with your sentiments.

They need a 2 tier promotion relegation structure if they go to 20 teams. Having recently played premier and the depth just isn't there with the weaker sides unable to compete year after year.

Paul Amy thinks Barry Nievandt is likely Kingston Hawthorn coach. Fully agree with what you say. Do you also think the subbies clubs named as aspirants for promotion to Premier are also being destabilised?

Its interesting, 3 clubs into 2 dont go. Would have thought Plenty Valley were the frontrunners, but Johnstones defection to Werribee seemed to indicate they were a big chance, and then the article on Melton last week may also send the same message...

Ormond with another big signing?

Its interesting, 3 clubs into 2 dont go. Would have thought Plenty Valley were the frontrunners, but Johnstones defection to Werribee seemed to indicate they were a big chance, and then the article on Melton last week may also send the same message...

Intersting that Ormond on the verge of another big signing, but couldn't keep Wight.

I can't help thinking about what Super Saint has recently gone through, and, that there would be players at the 3 aspiring clubs with similar thoughts for similar reasons. I don't see the fact the aspiring clubs would not be involved in a merger is relevant to the ''Super Saints'' at these clubs. They are probably quite entitled to say CV didn't consult with them on announcing their club was in the running for promotion to Premier and, if it had, would have said they saw no place for themselves in Premier. Such a shame if persons with long and loyal service would have to depart if they wish to continue in subbies. I suggest that, in effect, it would be a case of the club leaving them, rather than the reverse.

Th
I can't help thinking about what Super Saint has recently gone through, and, that there would be players at the 3 aspiring clubs with similar thoughts for similar reasons. I don't see the fact the aspiring clubs would not be involved in a merger is relevant to the ''Super Saints'' at these clubs. They are probably quite entitled to say CV didn't consult with them on announcing their club was in the running for promotion to Premier and, if it had, would have said they saw no place for themselves in Premier. Such a shame if persons with long and loyal service would have to depart if they wish to continue in subbies. I suggest that, in effect, it would be a case of the club leaving them, rather than the reverse.

This is the changing landscape of cricket Victoria. While it isn't great if blokes like Super would be "pushed out" there would most def still be position available for him to play cricket with the club if he desired. I would think that to hold back a chance which over 90% of the club wanted to go to premier because a 45+ bloke wanted one last hurrah would def put an individual above the club. Not sure about you but I've always been told the club is bigger than the individual.

Th

This is the changing landscape of cricket Victoria. While it isn't great if blokes like Super would be "pushed out" there would most def still be position available for him to play cricket with the club if he desired. I would think that to hold back a chance which over 90% of the club wanted to go to premier because a 45+ bloke wanted one last hurrah would def put an individual above the club. Not sure about you but I've always been told the club is bigger than the individual.
Interesting post, I assume you are connected to Kingston Saints in some shape. I do take offence at your post as I take this as a personal attack. It suggests I put myself above the club. You obviously don't know me if you believe this is the case.
The club has voted overwhelmingly to merge into Premier Cricket and I respect the decision. It is undoubtedly a great opprotunity. I have concerns about how competitive the club will be in the short and medium term and who will do the work at the club. I like dealing in facts and figures and the 'she'll be right' approach gives me grave concerns. I hope these are misplaced.
There is always a place at any club for a player. My issue is that, at 46, Premier cricket is a well and truly in my rear view mirror. Although talk has been that the 5ths and 6ths will play VTCA, I'm not sure I want to play with gumboots. That leaves playing elsewhere as an option. An option I need to decide if I want to take up.
Happy to hear your view at the Kingston AGM next Wednesday.

Th

I'll nudge the rock you have been living under to one side so you can see a bit of day light, here's the news, the merger went through. That makes 99% of what you posted pure dribble. It's a shame SS felt the need to defend himself but given you appear to have a connection to KS, I see why he did. I have no idea who you are but peg you as exactly the type of bloke SS is worried about, Gen X or Gen Y, all about me me me, never lifted a finger for your club and never will. Judging by your post, Premier cricket will be way to tough for you and you will be back in park cricket gobbing off about your premier experience before too long.

Back