TALL TALES

Molly, it looks like that ragged couple there are his parents and two younger sisters.
gtdbg.jpg
How can we help them? I could use a little more help in my forge, and there's two empty stalls in my stables, for the time being...?

I recognise that woman, shouted Molly, her name is Shirley and she tried to get involved with our group. Molly knew now that she couldn't take the boy and raise him as her own.

Molly called her men to a meeting that evening, they had to finalise their plans to raid the ball, she couldn't get the young boy out of her mind though.....

Not quite so Molly as I could use an alter boy and someone to do some menial tasks around the church. He'd have room and board and a small wage and provide for my Molly a way to help raise him. I dont see any problem gaining parental permission. Jake's idea also has merit. I will see to this once MMM retire after the 'big ball' robbery...

And I'd be happy to take on a new man, the father, to help in the Forge.
It looks like the boy's mother Shirley has the consumption and not too long for this life. Maybe you could adopt the lad Molly Malone.
That leaves his younger two sisters. I wouldn't want to see them turn into street Urchins, or freeze to death.

Molly had no sympathy for the woman who tried to destroy her gang with her crazy outbursts, but she did feel sorry for the boy, maybe his sisters could go to stay with a relative of theirs.
She went to find Flasher and Jake, she wanted their help to get custody of him.
They also still had to finalise their plans for robbing the ball, or maybe they should put that on hold for now...

At a cost Mayor Godfrey of Romley would do all the necessary paper work for Molly to adopt the boy "Simon". Soon to be Simon Malone.... through streets broard and narrow, ....

And another 21 shillings, or one guinea, to pay Shirley for her mark on a legal testimony releasing the young lad Simon to the permanent care of Molly. Such bribes were not uncommon and often necessary.

Levi, Simon's father happily agreed to work for Jake (Jacob) asking nothing more than a fair wage and to keep his two youngest children. It was only his children that kept Levi attached to his feckless common law wife Shirley,
He knew Shirley's life was all but spent with her consumption, and he cared for his two wee daughters' lives, much more than his own. Also, Levi was finally happy with the way the events had unfolded. Shirley took the first stagecoach to London with a thirst for Gin and a sad end.
On hearing of all this Jake's wife got hysterical 😡 bashing him on his buttocks with the cast iron skillet he'd once made for her, with lovingly burnt hands. 🔥 👋

"You're in charge of your Forge and remember, I'm in charge of the house you dumb Ox. Now with a new hand with twa wee bairns, how's that going to happen? No idea, I bet! What in heaven's name were you thinking suggesting a stable stall? Goodness, leave me to sort these things out you Oaf. With a little bit of shuffling the two wee girls will have their room here. Likewise your new man Simon can double up with Big Bill.
I seriously worry about your mind Jacob Smith. At least your soul is saved. And don't get too friendly with our Reverend Flasher's housekeepe Molly. Something about her just doesn't add up.

"Yes my Love, no Dear, a sack of his best coal indeed, yes Dear why not? Yes, I understand my Dearest wife, got it dear, I won't forget my Darling, all done now Dear, ...., Yes Dear, ...., No Dear, I won't forget...

View attachment 1876👋
Molly will have a fit Jake if you want her to wear this outfit to the Fancy Dress Ball. Every policeman in the midlands knows than our leader is a woman. Dont mention a word of this to your wife either. I may wear my robbers outfit tho, who'd ever expect a man of the cloth to be a brazen highway bandit.

Last edited:
Here I am 🤗
I'll try to catch up here soon.
Molly our leader has returned from looking after her mother. She changed my mundane life when I took her in. I am lost without her. Jake she is a wonderful human being who was forced by our corrupt system to commit crime. I would take a hangmans noose for her.

Molly was touched by Flashers compassion. He had rescued her from corruption and a miserable life, but now she has her two good friends. She needed to catch up on events as she'd been away but that wouldn't take her long....

Where has our four way general chat thread gone?
A wild idea came to me while laying in bed this morning. Seeing as we cant see each other, as in face meeting, I understand we can hear each other by recording our voices. Often wondered what Jessica's Cornish accent sounded like or Thomas's German accent and even yours Terry. I dont think the recording process is all that difficult so why dont we look into it. Would be kinda fun to hear each others voices. I use Windows 10 and they have a voice recording tool. Will look into it.

I have a voice recorder app on my tablet but not sure if you could read the files without having the app yourselves.

Well I expect after 50 years you'd have an Aussie accent so not a prob for me, perhaps for the other two.

Not sure about the 4-way chat channel Craug. I thought we used "Lounge 2" for that?

Lounge 2 is not only for we four, others can post there too.

For our Story Chat Jessica created a thread for that with the name "My three Musketeers" about April but not used much, which we should.

I know but she invited the wrong me. I go by Richie (my middle name is Richard) on the site but admin typed the incorrect name into my profile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where has our four way general chat thread gone?
A wild idea came to me while laying in bed this morning. Seeing as we cant see each other, as in face meeting, I understand we can hear each other by recording our voices. Often wondered what Jessica's Cornish accent sounded like or Thomas's German accent and even yours Terry. I dont think the recording process is all that difficult so why dont we look into it. Would be kinda fun to hear each others voices. I use Windows 10 and they have a voice recording tool. Will look into it.
I accidentally invited the wrong member, I invited Richie instead of Ritchie, notice the names are spelt differently ☹️

Hi,
I'm struggling to get my "voice recording" to work here. BG doesn't like the file type.
I may have more success e-mailing so will try that later.
Speak soon.

Molly was back taking control of her gang, she knew while she was away that things were in safe hands with Jake and Flasher.
Molly was keen to choose an outfit for the ball, she would have to ask her boys where the latest stash of clothing was, she wanted to choose an outfit but had to alter it first. She also wanted Jake to fit metal buckles on a pair of boots that she had swiped from the feet of a snooty woman who looked down her nose at her.

Back