The BaggyGreens Thread

Steve: "I am perplexed by the lack of respect shown to Starc. Of the 39 Aussie bowlers with 100 test wickets, he has the 2nd best strike rate. The only bowler with a better strike rate is a guy called Pat Cummins so why on earth would you want to split up that combo? As far the "too expensive" tag he gets given, running my eye down the fast bowlers on that 100 list, there's some pretty decent names (Johnson, Lee, McKenzie, Hughes, Lawson and Hogg) all have higher averages than Starc."

Of the 39 Aussie bowlers with 100 test wickets, he has the 2nd best strike rate.
Betting half, or at the least, a third of those strikes were against tailenders. After all he was known for years as the best tail mopper upper in the business. The main beef I have against him is his inconsistency with form over his career, seen in the low number of matches in comparison to his 12 years as a player..

Poms had the Dukes hooping and moving around but unable to get it online often, tho Warner must've played and missed 10-12 times plus he was dropped when on about 18. Ussie looked to be setting up to again play the anchor role, before he left one that nipped back in. Did he have lunch on his mind and wanted to close the shop. A good nut all the same by Tongue.

Last edited:
Relieved to wake to this score with our master anchorman and his blasting mate taking us to a comfortable position at stumps. Anderson and Broad wicketless on a Lords deck that was doing plenty for the first session and a half, tho to be fair Broad had Warner dropped twice before I nodded off.

Probably deserved to be put away, but Green had not gotten his eye in, so poor judgement. All part of the learning process of this prodigiously talented cricketer.

He’s been making an effort to start more positive because he has been a sketchy starter before.

But I think he’s taken it too far, instead of being positive he has just been kind of stupid.

He’s been making an effort to start more positive because he has been a sketchy starter before.

But I think he’s taken it too far, instead of being positive he has just been kind of stupid.
May be getting a touch carried away with this Bashball. Has put him in two minds. Is on record that he wants to start more positively, less defense and hit the bad balls. Well Root bowled a bad ball and the big man's eyes lit up.

New Dukes doing plenty, Smithy and Carey need to be cautious.

Bummer Carey gone, decision looks a touch dodgy going over? We did not need this as now the tail is exposed with only four overs bowled.

Last edited:
What a legend Steve Smith is, fastest by matches to 9000 Test runs now brings up his 32nd century and with a classic cover drive. He is also the fastest Aussie over Ponting to that many maximums.

Last edited:
Back