The BaggyGreens Thread

Looks like the decision to drop Boland for Starc was a dumb move by Cummins. Going at a run a ball atm.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

To be honest when the sun shines the Dukes goes to sleep, so batsmen with moderate FC averages as most of these Poms have can safely hit thru the line against quality bowlers such as Hazlewood, Cummins and Green. Wondering why we did not employ the short pitched strategy sooner as it provided us with much needed wickets, but late in the day after the damage was done. We must hope for overcast skies tomorrow morning to waken the Dukes and give our quicks some ammo..

Any of you Aussies noticed that none of our lot (I'm a Pom) have got the SKY earphones on. Normally some of them listen to the commentary. Looks like the back room staff have said not to - possibly to block out the different views and opinions on Basball? Much of it on Sky is sceptical.

Smithy and Ussie can bat England out of the match tomorrow, sunny weather is predicted which means the Dukes will be on our side, so put em to the sword Aussies and then our attack will show us that this so called bazzball is just a passing phase.

Last edited:
Smithy and Ussie can bat England out of the match tomorrow, sunny weather is predicted which means the Dukes will be on our side, so put em to the sword Aussies and then our attack will show us that this so called bazzball is just a passing phase.
Reading the forecast has changed to a gloomy overcast for at least half the day, maybe drizzle, then some late sun, so Smithy and Ussie have to back their best techniques and level of concentration to bat time and build a platform for a big score that those Poms will fall over trying to chase tomorrow.

Absolutely terrible news to wake up to.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Read it this morning, feel the same. AB has had it since 2016 and has kept it quiet. I saw him a few months back in a tv chat fest with Beefy Botham and I dont recall seeing any pronounced shaking or tremor so he does not have an acute version of Parkinsons imho. But then again he is not a young man, 68, so it may be worse the older you are with the shaking coming late.

Last edited:
Back