The BaggyGreens Thread

Thanks Craig :thumbsu:

Yeah, know how disappointing it is when your team is in a really dominating position & doesn't get a win out of it... interesting theory mate about C.A. not making it a result wicket, so they can create much more interest in the 4th one in Brisbane & knowing India have an awful record there.
Very interesting theory isn't it Pete. I wrote similar but embellished it somewhat on WP and one of the trolls accused me of alleging that CA had conspired to fix a cricket match. I told him he was like a seagull after a hot chip. He asked me again. I said "you work it out seagull" ha ha. Bloody WP trolls.

Really intriguing Craig.
Yeah, those trolls are absolute pillocks.
WP/cricket is spoilt by trolls yet admin keep them as members Pete. Bring on Fortress Gabba says Josh Hazlewood. The big fellar says there is no ground he and his mates w'd rather bowl on. Pretty sure India have yet to beat us there and we have not lost a Test there since 1988. Pucovski is in doubt as he did not train fully yesterday. The kid is injury prone by the looks of things.

Really intriguing Craig.
Pete. I reckon CA made a deal with the BCCI to get the series locked going into the final match. Otherwise India w'd have forfeited the last match imo and CA the revenue from the expected bums on seats. Unlike Sydney (quarter crowd) the Gabba will allow half capacity (22k). More fire to the theory. I can not recall a worse performance by an opposing captain from the position of dominance that we had going into the last day. Uncharacteristic dropping of catches, poor field placings, (Haze shudda had Pant at 30) bizarre tactics, his over the top sledging, overkill on the short stuff. All under orders to ensure India drew the game I reckon. Does it sound like that may have been the case to you also Pete or am I talking thru my hat..

WP/cricket is spoilt by trolls yet admin keep them as members Pete. Bring on Fortress Gabba says Josh Hazlewood. The big fellar says there is no ground he and his mates w'd rather bowl on. Pretty sure India have yet to beat us there and we have not lost a Test there since 1988. Pucovski is in doubt as he did not train fully yesterday. The kid is injury prone by the looks of things.
Something needs to be done about those troll clowns on all sports forums - they're just ruining good logical sports discussions for the rest of us.
India could be in for a thrashing mate... reckon Hazlewood & co are going to be totally fired up.
Puc must get very frustrated with all these ongoing injuries he gets.

Last edited:
C7..jpg
4th TEST
Fri 15th Jan {Gabba, Brisbane}

AUSTRALIA : 1 David Warner, 2 Marcus Harris, 3 Marnus Labuschagne, 4 Steven Smith, 5 Matthew Wade, 6 Cameron Green, 7 Tim Paine (capt & wk), 8 Pat Cummins, 9 Mitchell Starc, 10 Nathan Lyon, 11 Josh Hazlewood.

INDIA (possible) : 1 Rohit Sharma, 2 Shubman Gill, 3 Cheteshwar Pujara, 4 Ajinkya Rahane (capt), 5 Rishabh Pant, 6 Mayank Agarwal/Wriddhiman Saha, 7 R Ashwin, 8 Kuldeep Yadav, 9 Jasprit Bumrah/Shardul Thakur/T Natarajan, 10 Navdeep Saini, 11 Mohammed Siraj

Thanks for bringing up the teams Pete.

I hardly recognise the Indian side from the first Test. Ashwin is also injured. Help says the BCCI and Rahane. If india even draw this it will be even better effort than Sydney.

Aussies win toss and are batting. The deck looks a different to most first morning at Gabba. Tinge of green and paine said it had a crack down the middle.

Warner gone cheaply again. Reckon his career is just about done and dusted Pete. Problem is there are no quality red ball openers lining up to take his place. Well one. Bryce Street. CA needs to blood him soon. Perhaps not against South Africa at home. Street a Boycott type leftie and Pucovski a skilful strokemaker may make a very potent future opening partnership.

Labuchagne may as well have been picked to open as he has virtually opened from #3 in every match.

Last edited:
Harris gone meekly now. His chances are just about over unless he gets a half ton in second innings.

Up to Smithy and Labs to once again steady the ship.

A solid partnership but no 150+ like in Sydney

Coaches will be doing homework on a Smith habit of chipping in air to a inclose leg side field. Has been out twice this series.

Last edited:
Thanks for bringing up the teams Pete.

I hardly recognise the Indian side from the first Test. Ashwin is also injured. Help says the BCCI and Rahane. If india even draw this it will be even better effort than Sydney.

Aussies win toss and are batting. The deck looks a different to most first morning at Gabba. Tinge of green and paine said it had a crack down the middle.

Warner gone cheaply again. Reckon his career is just about done and dusted Pete.

Labuchagne may as well have been picked to open as he has virtually opened from #3 in every match.
You're welcome Craig :thumbsu:

Think India have 4 different players in their team - they should have very good depth though as they have a massive population & basically only play cricket... whereas Aussie & NZ play a lot of other sports as well.

Yeah, Warner is near the end of his career... they shouldn't have selected the bloke knowing he was still recovering from a groin injury.

The others need to build some long partnerships with Labs so your blokes can try & get back in the game.

Yeh Pete. Only other sport I know India plays is field hockey.

Oh dear first Wade and then Labs after bringing up a classy ton throw it away. Looked like over confidence to me which can be lethal on this bouncy deck Pete.

Yeah, hockey is one, other than those two hard to think of any others they participate in that much.

Craig - was a very good hundred by Labs... yeah, he thoughtlessly threw his wicket away through poor shot selection hitting the ball straight up in the air, as you say mate got to be careful on a bouncy deck as the ball can get too high on ya.

Green is looking good with the bat again.

Yeh poor shot selection by Wade and Labs. He will eventually be in the top 5 batting list but he does have a weakness with flicking leg side shots in the air. Has been out several times this series doing just this. Labs can also become a bit lax when he feels set.. ala that grassed chance he gave just before his 50. The true greats rarely give the opposition a sniff. Green is looking good but he clearly struggled a touch against some accurate new ball bowling. But to his credit he survived. Once you survive the newie and settle in at the Gabba you can then cash in as it is a true surface for batting. The younger Indian bats may find the bounce a problem as they are not used to it having not toured here.

Last edited:
Baggies will settle for 369.

Cummins strikes to remove Gill in his first over. Then Lyon lures Rohit into a leg side loft.

2-62 and the heavens open. More play is doubtful.

Last edited:
With the poor start you got Craig thought 369 was a pretty good total - Green was unfortunate to miss out on a test 50... morning session on day 3 is going to be really important, hope you get some early wickets mate.

Cricinfo saying the Brissie overcast will assist Australia's attack. So why are we starting with Lyon. It is only the 27th over so still plenty of hardness on the ball. Ok Paine just checking spin conditions with just the one Lyon over. The pieman Starc gets the Kooka ahead of the better performed Hazlewood?

Yeah, not a lot of logic in those bowling decisions Craig.
Christ, Pujara is a really painful watch, imagine his highlights package they'd be all defensive strokes 😄 no one is asking him to play risky shots, but he could at least work the singles much more, the batsmen must get really frustrated at the other end.

Starc remains wicketless.

Hazlewood has Pujara again with a pearler . Bloody good shortie at start of over musta un-nerved him. Pete Hazlewood has been in career best form since the Ashes. What about his economy last two matches..pressure building at its best.

Pujara may be painful to watch Pete but his wicket is priceless nonetheless.

Starc finally with a wicket. Rahane flashed at his wide one once too often. This time Tim Paine has put in a fourth slip and he snaffles a flyer.

Last edited:
Back