The BaggyGreens Thread

was outstanding bowling by your blokes,
Pete now hoping the other three decks offer similar pace and bounce as Hazlewood for one is lethal on a lively deck over the benign ones he has had to toil on past few years. My old sparring partner Mike was on WP and spouting his usual rubbish about our bowlers (all NSW) poor effort under lites the nite before. He has not been seen since despite the Cummins/Hazlewood demolition. Funny guy no mistake.

Hazlewood was very impressive in the 1st test Craig... when does the 2nd one start ?
Mate, clowns like Mike think they're always right & just don't have that much sense/logic when it comes to talking or analysing cricket... he's very similar to that other pillock 69er.

Craig, as you were saying a day or so ago Warner & Pucovski are in the squad for the 3rd test starting Jan 7th... I see they dropped Burns.
C9..jpg
AUSSIE Squad : Tim Paine (capt), Pat Cummins, Sean Abbott, Cameron Green, Josh Hazlewood, Marcus Harris, Travis Head, Moises Henriques, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Michael Neser, James Pattinson, Will Pucovski, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Mitchell Swepson, Matthew Wade, David Warner.

Pucovski playing is a mere formality after a final health check tomorrow. Yes Joe had to go as his confidence is shot. We can not afford to carry a passenger.. specially an opener. Our Premier is facing a push from health officials to abandon crowds at the SCG Test.
Go the Black Caps today.

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing Pucovski starting, yeah Burns had to go - think both his scores in the last test were only in single figures ?
This bloody virus is stuffing up everything... we are pretty lucky so far concerning having crowds at sport, but that can change so quickly.

Yeah hope we can get the win... don't like Henry replacing Wagner, Henry is just one of those very average pace bowlers, would have much rather preferred a new bloke like Duffy getting a crack.

I somehow think it will be warner that comes in for burns.
From what i've seen with Pucovski is that he has a lot of concussion injuries that will mean he won't be able to play in tests. He needs to work on T20 and ODD.

I somehow think it will be warner that comes in for burns.
From what i've seen with Pucovski is that he has a lot of concussion injuries that will mean he won't be able to play in tests. He needs to work on T20 and ODD.
Point of fact is Pucovski is back in the squad and if he passes one or two mental tests he will debut in the next Test. Yes Warner comes in for Burns but Pucovski will replace either Head or Wade. Tipping it will be Head. Also tipping he will bat at either #4,#5,#6.

C8..jpg
3rd TEST
Thu 7th Jan {SCG}

Australia Test squad : Tim Paine (c), Sean Abbott, Pat Cummins, Cameron Green, Marcus Harris, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Moises Henriques, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Michael Neser, James Pattinson, Will Pucovski, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Mitchell Swepson, Matthew Wade, David Warner.

India Test squad : Ajinkya Rahane (captain), Rohit Sharma (vice-captain), Mayank Agarwal, Prithvi Shaw, Cheteshwar Pujara, Hanuma Vihari, Shubman Gill, Wriddhiman Saha (wk), Rishabh Pant (wk), Jasprit Bumrah, Navdeep Saini, Kuldeep Yadav, Ravindra Jadeja, R Ashwin, Mohammed Siraj, Shardul Thakur, T Natarajan.

A unique day at the cricket with a limited crowd of masked spectators spread around the 48K capacity SCG. Australia finished day one at 2-166. A good debut from Puc, Steve Smith back in form and with Marnus will try to push us into the 300s tomorrow.

62 by Puc was an excellent start to his test career Craig, that innings will give him plenty of confidence going into his next turn at bat in this match... good to see Smith batting his way into form again & Labu is going well.
Warner should not have played, can see the bloke is really struggling with his groin injury... those type of injuries can takes ages for you to get fit again.

Yes Pete Was the dismissal of Warner the result of orders by the bosses to throw the bat. Well it backfired and our #3 was in as opener again.
The iceman Steve Smith with a brilliant return to form. We went from a position of strength when Labs and Smith were in to struggle street with some poor execution..in about 10 overs. We are going to need to bowl well on this not all that lively SCG pitch.

You might be right Craig about Warner, he looked like he went out playing a smash/bash 20/20 shot - yeah, Smith showed his class scoring a very good hundred mate... Labs & Smith tend to put on a lot of very good partnerships for Aussie.

Mate, if you can get a couple of early wickets in the morning session you'll be in a really dominating position.

You're in a really strong position craig - have almost a 200 run lead with only 2 wickets down & Labs & Smith have yet again put on a really good partnership which is still ongoing... reckon you'll probably bat a couple of sessions or a bit less on day 4, then have a crack at them.

Last edited:
Labs and Smithy.. the quirky brothers 😆 just as well they can also bat. Yes Pete we are in a strong position. they have a strong attack tho.. even with injuries they still have four bowlers same as us. Green is barely getting the ball in his hands this match. Hope he has not picked up a back niggle.

The quirky brothers, classic Craig 😄... noticed Pakistan have some really good pace bowlers coming through.
Yeah, Green might have some sort of injury... he's going well with the bat at the moment, he's on 30 odd.

Pete remiss of me not to congratulate your Black caps for becoming the top Test team.
A disappointing end to the Sydney Test Pete. The BGs were in such ascendancy on morning of final day but the deck conspired against us. I am wondering if this was CA's intention. So we head to Brisbane for the decider rather than a Test up and knowing India have a shocking record at the Gabba.

Thanks Craig :thumbsu:

Yeah, know how disappointing it is when your team is in a really dominating position & doesn't get a win out of it... interesting theory mate about C.A. not making it a result wicket, so they can create much more interest in the 4th one in Brisbane & knowing India have an awful record there.

Back