The best spinner?

• Anil kumble of india

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Richie benaud of aus

• Dinesh kaneria of pak

• Total voters
Grimmett was brilliant but before my time so the best i have seen play probably Daniel Vitori, he didn't have the tallent of warne and co but he had the heart the mind and the guts to do it.

I've seen Warne and Muralidaran bowl and I'll go with Warne despite the fact that Warne is harder to like as a human being.

Surprised that Kaneria is even on this list, if you were going to pick a Pak legspinner surely Qadir or Mushtaq Ahmed would be ahead of him?

Richie Benaud himself would say that he's not as good as Grimmett and O'Reilly so that's another surprise.

None of the Indian spinners from the 70's and early 80's?

I've seen Warne and Muralidaran bowl and I'll go with Warne despite the fact that Warne is harder to like as a human being.

Surprised that Kaneria is even on this list, if you were going to pick a Pak legspinner surely Qadir or Mushtaq Ahmed would be ahead of him?

Richie Benaud himself would say that he's not as good as Grimmett and O'Reilly so that's another surprise.

no im an indian and i know who is best in indian cricket

Saqlain Mushtaq of pakistan[the inventor of doosra] what about this man?

any reason?why dinesh kaneria is not ahead of qadir?

As far as Indians go, Bishin Bedi rates right up there.

I'm biased but would go with Warne. He basically reinvented leg spin, which had largely gone out of the game outside the subcontinent. That is, at least in modern times. O'Reilly or Grimmett have claims to Australia's best ever, and therefore push Warne for the best ever.
Muralidaran was damned good as well, and its a fair debate that can't really be settled. Its largely a matter of opinion.
Saqlain was more than useful, invented what would later become the doosra, but I wouldn't put him in the "greats" category.

When you put Kaneria down I thought you were joking, you seriously believe that he has a claim to be amongst the best in history?

Quick Comparison with Qadir:

Qadir - Average 32.80, Wickets 236, Legacy - Revered as the saviour of legspin during the 80's
Kaneria - Average 34.79, Wickets 261, Legacy - Convicted and banned for match fixing

Of the Indian spinners, any one of Bishan Bedi, Bhagwath Chandrasekhar or Erapalli Prasanna will do.

your opinion on muralidaran.he is a legendary bowler

It took time to warm to Muralidaran, as a young bowler he was called for chucking and he was proven to be doing just that. The rules were changed to accomodate subcontinent cricket and its rising influence. It was a sign of the fall of the ICC that is now powerless and pointless.
Later in his career i found him a good person and a crafty bowler but like Warne he had an immense talent where i enjoy to watch players with less talent and more heart. Probably because i was never that good myself.

I really like the guy as a person but he opened the door for spinners with dodgy actions throwing the 'doosra'.

Just look at Ajmal from Pakistan ffs.

edit - I actually don't have a problem with Mural's offbreak at all.

I just learnt to accept Murali's action although I'll always go for the more classic spin bowling actions.

Has to be Shane Warne for me. He gives me goosebumps when I watch him on youtube haha.

Has to be Shane Warne for me. He gives me goosebumps when I watch him on youtube haha.

He also brought wrist spin bowling back from the wilderness, when I first seen him play as a kid I actually didn't even know what 'leg spin' was. 2 years later every kid at school was trying to learn how to bowl it lol.

Daryll Cullinan from South Africa trying to bat against him was hilarious. It wasn't a matter of 'if' he'd get him out but 'when' usually with the flipper. Otherwise he was very good batsman, Test average of 44.

Daryll Cullinan from South Africa trying to bat against him was hilarious. It wasn't a matter of 'if' he'd get him out but 'when' usually with the flipper. Otherwise he was very good batsman, Test average of 44.

I've seen videos of that. Poor Daryll haha, although there were plenty who had the same problems. It's difficult to think of a batsmen that wasn't particularly troubled by Warne.

I think,All the spinners that is mentioned in the poll,all are best in the cricket world. No one is smaller than other. Have a respect to all those spinners and like them all of personality.

Hats off these spinners those are dedicated to there home country.

Back