• Anil kumble of india

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Richie benaud of aus

• Dinesh kaneria of pak

• Total voters
Racism.

Of course the bloke with a white face as his avatar would think that true Aussie hero Glenn McGrath's action is "whiter than white" whereas all those dirty subcontinental spinners are filthy chuckers, despite that being the exact opposite of the findings of the ICC. What a surprise.

Racism :rolleyes: What a disgraceful thing to even suggest.

When Darrell Hair, a senior test umpire called Muttiah Muralitharan 7 times in the space of a few overs for throwing in 1995 he did it because he adjudged that Murali was breaking the rules of cricket.

Two other umpires, Ross Emerson and Tony McQuillan also called Murali for throwing on the same tour.

The ICC came into the picture much later and changed the laws of cricket to accommodate Murali's action.

Yes. I was there.

Were you there?

I didn't have to be at New Road in 2000 to know that the "entire crowd'' made up predominantly of Glenn McGrath's own team's supporters DIDN'T "shout no ball every time he ran in to bowl because they thought he was a chucker." :rolleyes:

Racism :rolleyes: What a disgraceful thing to even suggest.

When Darrell Hair, a senior test umpire called Muttiah Muralitharan 7 times in the space of a few overs for throwing in 1995 he did it because he adjudged that Murali was breaking the rules of cricket.

Two other umpires, Ross Emerson and Tony McQuillan also called Murali for throwing on the same tour.

The ICC came into the picture much later and changed the laws of cricket to accommodate Murali's action.

No, they changed the laws to accomodate McGrath's and Pollock's action.

Seriously, do you even know the first thing about this? Have you even read the ICC report or are you just repeating moronic rumours?

The old 'race card' now, lame.

yeah, because no-one in Australia is racist at all, are they.

There is no argument here, the ICC cleared Murali multiple times, and pointed out that McGrath (amongst others) bend their arms by a greater degree.

Any attempt to argue with this cannot be made on rational grounds, so you have to ask what the underlying motive is of anyone who attempts to subvert the truth.

No, they changed the laws to accomodate McGrath's and Pollock's action.

Seriously, do you even know the first thing about this? Have you even read the ICC report or are you just repeating moronic rumours?

Darrell Hair, Ross Emerson and Tony McQuillan all called Murali for throwing BEFORE the ICC even got involved!

You are the one trying to change history :rolleyes:

Darrell Hair, Ross Emerson and Tony McQuillan all called Murali for throwing BEFORE the ICC even got involved!

You are the one trying to change history :rolleyes:

and then he was cleared.

What is it that you are finding so hard to understand? I'm trying to keep the words nice and short so not to go over your head.

I have always questioned the legitimacy of Muralidardan's action,

On what grounds? The ICC cleared him. Will you now have the integrity to publicly dissassociate yourself from this unpleasant allegation?

and thought it very wrong that the rules of cricket were adjusted to accommodate the way he bowls.

As I have already explained, they weren't.

True or False: Mcgrath was more of a chucker than Murali.

The ICC says true.

If you say false, then I can only conclude that you are either stupid or a racist, or quite possibly both.

Murali has the most questionable and questioned bowling action in the history of world cricket and has been called for chucking many times - FACT.

Glenn McGrath action has never been called into question and he has never once been called for chucking - FACT.

Your continued racist overtones are both unfortunate and unnecessary.

In saying that, you are insinuating yourself that Murali was a chucker :)

Glenn McGrath action has never been called into question and he has never once been called for chucking - FACT!

Can you not understand how this is completely and utterly irrelevant? What matters is that Murali straightened his elbow 10 degrees, Mcgrath straightened his elbow 12 degrees.

I see you have avoided answering the question, so I'm going to repeat it. Then you have a choice: either answer it or everyone will see you are avoiding it and figure out why.

Defining "a chucker" as someone who straightens their elbow in their bowling action:
True or False: Mcgrath was more of a chucker than Murali.

I was at the MCG on Boxing day 1995 and saw first-hand umpire Darrell Hair no ball Murali Muralidardan for breaking the laws of cricket by throwing.

I didn't need to be at New Road in 2000 to know that the "entire crowd'' made up predominantly of Glenn McGrath's own team's supporters DIDN'T "shout no ball every time he ran in to bowl because they thought he was a chucker."

I was at the MCG on Boxing day 1995 and saw first-hand umpire Darrell Hair no ball Murali Muralidardan for breaking the laws of cricket by throwing.

I didn't need to be at New Road in 2000 to know that the "entire crowd'' made up predominantly of Glenn McGrath's own team's supporters DIDN'T "shout no ball every time he ran in to bowl because they thought he was a chucker."

Wait a minute now, are you calling me a liar Bluey?

You've been here less than a week and you think you can come along and throw about allegations like that? There is no place in bigcricket for people like you I'm afraid.

I expect you to apologise immediately.

I think certain countries with massive financial clout in the game and an undue influence over the International Corruption Council has been behind opening the door for spinners throwing/doosra. But I don't think anyone is ever going to agree here so it might be time to move on, it's getting away from the thread's original intention..

Yes, because of all those famous Indian doosra bowlers, like, errrr...

Tell me, was this before or after they faked the moon landings?

I think certain countries with massive financial clout in the game and an undue influence over the International Corruption Council has been behind opening the door for spinners throwing/doosra. But I don't think anyone is ever going to agree here so it might be time to move on, it's getting away from the thread's original intention..

At the risk of posting on topic I notice Shane Warne is dominating the poll with 78% of the vote.

Alright guys, let's calm down and look at this situation rationally. If you don't calm down you'll force me to delete all your comments (both of yours)...

You should be able to debate without directly insulting each other. Period. If you can't, then take this scrap off this site.

Back