The best spinner?

• Anil kumble of india

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Richie benaud of aus

• Dinesh kaneria of pak

• Total voters
I have no problem with Muralidardan the man, or the sportsman. But I do have difficulty with a sport not strong enough to uphold its own rules, and pigheaded enough to silence people who attempted to enforce those rules.

Don't get me started on the ICC haha. Anyone who follows international cricket closely, knows that the ICC have no balls. I'll just leave it at that hehe.

In a recent interview Justin Langer spoke very openly about the aftermath of the Andrew Symonds / Harbhajan Singh incident. He said he was told by the powers that be that even though Symonds was in the right they could not afford to rock the boat over it and just had to take it on the chin.

Weak as you know what!

It wasn't that Murali didn't bend his elbow, it was that he didn't bend his elbow as much as McGrath did (and countless others). So if you were going to call no-ball on Murali then you'd have to call it on McGrath as well. (I've been to plenty of matches where the entire crowd shouted "no ball" every time Glenn the chucker ran in to bowl).

Not bothered with Murali's offbreak which has been tested enough and is always well inside the allowable limit (other than the old 5 degrees for spinners which was just daft). I am bothered with his doosra though, that was the one delivery the ICC could have cleared up rather than going "Murali's doosra is 14ish degrees? OK, we'll set the limit to 15 degrees then". At the end of the day though the doosra coming into the picture has changed the game and made some otherwise boring bowlers into something worth watching.

Unfortunately we have the old problem where if a bowlers delivery looks like chucking but it isn't then how will we know when they do chuck it?

It wasn't that Murali didn't bend his elbow, it was that he didn't bend his elbow as much as McGrath did (and countless others). So if you were going to call no-ball on Murali then you'd have to call it on McGrath as well. (I've been to plenty of matches where the entire crowd shouted "no ball" every time Glenn the chucker ran in to bowl).

I've never heard anyone who's opinion I respect cast even the slightest doubt over Glen McGrath's action. As if what the crowd says means anything more than the beer is probably selling well.

I've never heard anyone who's opinion I respect cast even the slightest doubt over Glen McGrath's action. As if what the crowd says means anything more than the beer is probably selling well.

He was measured as bending it 12 degrees, which is more than Murali.

I can't believe you've never heard him called "chucker". Its very visible to the naked eye.

..(I've been to plenty of matches where the entire crowd shouted "no ball" every time Glenn the chucker ran in to bowl).

As above, I've never once heard Glenn McGrath referred to as a chucker.

Which ground did you attend the "plenty of matches where the entire crowd shouted "no ball" every time McGrath ran in to bowl???" Or is this just a convenient little story you have concocted?

I've heard most of cricket's past greats compliment McGrath on his action.

Who did you hear calling Glenn McGrath's bowling action into contention?

I don't remember. It was a long time a go and I don't remember it being a big deal or anything. I certainly don't believe he threw it as he's one of my all-time favourite Australian players and bowlers.

I don't remember. It was a long time a go and I don't remember it being a big deal or anything. I certainly don't believe he threw it as he's one of my all-time favourite Australian players and bowlers.

I cannot think of anyone ever having called Glenn McGrath's action into question to be honest, and that includes drunken idiots at matches. Not once.

I'm looking forward to hearing which ground it was that "the entire crowd shouted "no ball" every time McGrath ran in to bowl???" ;)

Before you go calling a cricketing legend a cheat (Murli, McGrath), you better make sure you have some really good evidence haha.

Murali has the most controversial and most often questioned bowling action in the history of cricket - FACT - and by a magnitude of about x100 from his nearest rival for the dubious honour.

As above, I've never once heard Glenn McGrath referred to as a chucker.

Which ground did you attend the "plenty of matches where the entire crowd shouted "no ball" every time McGrath ran in to bowl???" Or is this just a convenient little story you have concocted?

Worcester. Where he played. Why would I make it up? Conspiracy Theorist much?

Worcester. Where he played. Why would I make it up? Conspiracy Theorist much?

McGrath played for Worchester for one season only, in 2000, and in a total of only 14 games. Approximately half of those games would have been played at other venues. So he probably played about 7 times in total at New Road.

And you are claiming that when McGrath played at Worcester, his home ground, the entire crowd shouted "no ball every time McGrath ran in to bowl because they thought he was a chucker."

"Why would you make it up?"

Only you could answer that question :rolleyes:

McGrath played for Worchester for one season only, in 2000, and in a total of only 14 games. Approximately half of those games would have been played at other venues. So he probably played about 7 times in total at New Road.

And you are claiming that when McGrath played at Worcester, his home ground, the entire crowd shouted "no ball every time McGrath ran in to bowl because they thought he was a chucker."

"Why would you make it up?"

Only you could answer that question :rolleyes:

Yes. I was there.

Were you there?

Back