The Covid Menace.

Hey guys I had my Pzifer vaccine yesterday, so far I've only had a very sore arm, it's easing now though, I stuck to my guns and refused the AstraZeneca jab twice, I get my 2nd jab in August, although it could be brought forward by 4 weeks🤗
Good to hear. Congrats. 🤗
I wonder how you finally managed to get it? Were you punished for it?
I keep refusing AZ, too, and will probably be punished for that for more months to come. :mad: Oh I hate these bastards and will be taking revenge on election day in September.

Good to hear. Congrats. 🤗
I wonder how you finally managed to get it? Were you punished for it?
I keep refusing AZ, too, and will probably be punished for that for more months to come. :mad: Oh I hate these bastards and will be taking revenge on election day in September.
We book our own appointments online, so when I received my invite I booked online, then I rang the named vaccination centre on the day to ask what vaccines they are giving, if they said AstraZeneca then I cancelled. I don't think I was punished but I was spoken to like I don't have a choice, but it's my body and I do have a choice, I proved it by getting the vaccine of my choice 🤗

That is good news Jessica. We have the same style of vaccine rollout as UK but as wife, brother and I have have now refused the A/Z we will have to wait for the under 50s to have the Pfizer before we oldies get our turn.. probably about August/September. Thomas dont blame your government for the current slow vax situation there.. blame the makers of A/Z.. as they have caused all the problems by producing a poor vaccine that people dont trust.

We book our own appointments online, so when I received my invite I booked online, then I rang the named vaccination centre on the day to ask what vaccines they are giving, if they said AstraZeneca then I cancelled. I don't think I was punished but I was spoken to like I don't have a choice, but it's my body and I do have a choice, I proved it by getting the vaccine of my choice 🤗
That's the difference. In G. you can register online but then you won't get an appointment because of the data of your registration but others will.

Thomas dont blame your government for the current slow vax situation there.. blame the makers of A/Z.. as they have caused all the problems by producing a poor vaccine that people dont trust.
I'm afraid I have to blame my government. While it's true that AZ's vaccine is poor, it's our government who messed everything up by deciding first that AZ would only be for the under 60 but then said it would only be for the over 60 and is even trying to impose it on them/us. It transpired, however, that those who are privately insured can choose their vaccine freely which confirms our two-class health care system. Another beef is the prioritisation system. Initially, certain age groups got priority but that only worked for three cohorts ( aged 90, 80, 70) rather than for four because when it came to my age group it was watered down and finally abandoned giving in to pressure from those who want to take a summer holiday. This is in stark contrast to what the government had announced earlier on. Now it's survival of the fittest. My age group is now competing with millions of other people who are less at risk. Our ethics council is now worried that those with connections and the loudest voices will win the fight.

I also have to blame them for their catastrophic sourcing. The BioNtech/Pfizer vaccine (Comirnaty) is a German invention manufactured and distributed with the help of Pfizer. The inventors, a couple, have meanwhile been awarded the highest order of our country but our government and the EU were haggling over prices which puzzled Biontech just as the low quantities ordered. The whole mess we are in is undoubtedly the fault of the conservative CDU government with its Minister of Health and no one else's.
Richie, conservative governments (alone or in coalition) have been in office for the past 30 years except one election period and, thus, have had their chance of running the country. I voted for them last time after having abstained from voting for 25 years but this time I'll give the Greens a chance also in protest against the way the vaccination campaign was handled. Perhaps they'd have navigated us better through this pandemic.

Dont get it.
I can understand that because I wanted to spare you the details. It's to do with the algorithms of the registration software. As soon as you enter your age and do not tick a box asking you specifically if you're looking for an appointment for a vaccination with AstraZeneca, you won't get an appointment at all because you are over 60 and are expected to take the AZ vaccine only. This game has been going on for longer than a month now. If you tick that box, you'll be vaccinated in no time. Meanwhile the rest of the population is being vaccinated predominantly with Biontech/Pfizer. In addition all youngsters aged between 12 and 17 will also get it as soon as it's fully approved of by EMA.

That is good news Jessica. We have the same style of vaccine rollout as UK but as wife, brother and I have have now refused the A/Z we will have to wait for the under 50s to have the Pfizer before we oldies get our turn.. probably about August/September. Thomas dont blame your government for the current slow vax situation there.. blame the makers of A/Z.. as they have caused all the problems by producing a poor vaccine that people dont trust.
I don't blame you guys. You're within your rights to have the vaccine of your choice. No matter how low the risks are with AZ I was not prepared to take them. I had a call from someone from my GPs surgery, I say someone because the person did not identify themselves, she told me I am not allowed to have Pzifer and will have to have AZ, I told her that it's not up to her it's up to me. I kept booking and cancelling until I got what I wanted.

That's the difference. In G. you can register online but then you won't get an appointment because of the data of your registration but others will.
Totally understand. I had to answer questions too and because I have no access needs, like a wheelchair ramp, disabled car parking etc, I was diverted to vaccination centres that give out AZ. Apparently the more access needs you have then the more likely you'll get Pfizer.

This is 'terrific' news.
WHO says if the pandemic continues to spread worldwide, vaccines could become ineffective and strains could escape immunity. There are now 10 known variants of the original virus.

This is 'terrific' news.
WHO says if the pandemic continues to spread worldwide, vaccines could become ineffective and strains could escape immunity. There are now 10 known variants of the original virus.
Not really new because that's what our experts have been saying for months. Escape variants might emerge due to wide-spread vaccinations and the original (.) vaccines could become ineffective. They are already working on a modified vaccine, though, a process that is way easier with mRNA vaccines than with conventional vector ones. We are having five variants here now but most of them are fairly well contained by current vaccines.

Last edited:
Aussie was allbut Covid free before Victoria State once again took its eye off the ball. Some five millions are once again in lockdown and once again hurting an economy that had jumped back to pre-Covid health. Read yesterday that a Covid positive Victorian visited several of my states rural areas before the lockdown and has likely spread the infection here too. Irresponsible person.

Victoria are always stuffing it up for you mate... it's like when there's an outbreak in NZ it always tend to start form Auckland, bloody Jaffas.

Just to ensure that it doesn't get boring on the scientific front there's now a voice from Canada who casts doubt on the mRNA vaccines. If you google Byram Bridle, you'll find out more about it.

Last edited:
Hearing the UK has the incredibly infectious Indian strain now Jess. Boris tho says he wont be extending the current lockdown .

Last edited:
Back