The Covid Menace.

Aren't we all sick of this Covid cloud hanging over us. We can't make proper plans for visiting relatives. There's talk of Plan B being put in place here, so it's mandatory facemasks again, although I never stopped wearing one.
I got a bus into town the other day, quite shocking at how many people don't bother wearing one.

Aren't we all sick of this Covid cloud hanging over us. We can't make proper plans for visiting relatives. There's talk of Plan B being put in place here, so it's mandatory facemasks again, although I never stopped wearing one.
I got a bus into town the other day, quite shocking at how many people don't bother wearing one.
Yes your Freedom Day has created record case numbers I am reading Jessica. Is Plan B more lockdowns. My state is also out of prison now we have reached 80% double vaxed. The nation has just reached 70%. At least cricket is back on the menu. :thumbsu:
I am seeing my brother tomorrow for the first time in more than two months. We will celebrate my belated birthday with lashings of food and the amber liquid.:cool:

Yes your Freedom Day has created record case numbers I am reading Jessica. Is Plan B more lockdowns. My state is also out of prison now we have reached 80% double vaxed. The nation has just reached 70%. At least cricket is back on the menu. :thumbsu:
I am seeing my brother tomorrow for the first time in more than two months. We will celebrate my belated birthday with lashings of food and amber liquid.:cool:
Enjoy yourselves, Richie. 🍻 Would have loved to join you. Give him my regards although we havent't met.:thumbsu:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am seeing my brother tomorrow for the first time in more than two months. We will celebrate my belated birthday with lashings of food and the amber liquid.:cool:
Plan B is mandatory facemasks, working from home if possible, vaccine passports and no doubt limited travel.
I've started to stock up on pasta and tinned food and fruit, if travel is limited then it's traveling for work only. I've already ordered my vaccine passport. 👍

Good news my son Marc will be able to attend his grandfather's funeral as, to his parents huge relief he now holds a Covid Negative Test certificate. Marc would have been devastated to have missed saying goodbye as he and his g/father were very close.

That's really good news, Richie. :thumbsu: Taking the test is what he could do for his g/father.
Incidentally, what does Marc think about the fact that he's gonna have a completely new vaccine based on several thousand study participants only while rejecting a vaccine administered to more than a billion people worldwide?🤔 Is he amenable to such facts?

That's really good news, Richie. :thumbsu: Taking the test is what he could do for his g/father.
Incidentally, what does Marc think about the fact that he's gonna have a completely new vaccine based on several thousand study participants only while rejecting a vaccine administered to more than a billion people worldwide?🤔 Is he amenable to such facts?
Is there a new vaccine Thomas?
I heard today that there's Pfizer pills now 🙂

Good news my son Marc will be able to attend his grandfather's funeral as, to his parents huge relief he now holds a Covid Negative Test certificate. Marc would have been devastated to have missed saying goodbye as he and his g/father were very close.
Great news👍
Hope dads funeral goes well Richie, hope your wife is ok too. Bless you all.🙏

Novavax, a dead vaccine.
Please explain as that is the one my son intends using Thomas.

This is one thing that rattles my chain big time. Australia has developed a home ground Covid vaccine yet our government is all but ignoring its researchers and producers. Get this.. the vaccine.. Covax-19 has tho been approved abroad as it showed in extensive trials is has a hi efficacy against the new Delta variant. The company, VAXINE, (how original) is hoping to tweak a much needed government financial response now it has gone public otherwise we run the risk of having some rich Arab Shiek finance the total production.

Please explain as that is the one my son intends using Thomas.

This is one thing that rattles my chain big time. Australia has developed a home ground Covid vaccine yet our government is all but ignoring its researchers and producers. Get this.. the vaccine.. Covax-19 has tho been approved abroad as it showed in extensive trials is has a hi efficacy against the new Delta variant. The company, VAXINE, (how original) is hoping to tweak a much needed government financial response now it has gone public otherwise we run the risk of having some rich Arab Shiek finance the total production.
Those are inactivated vaccines using a killed germ to provoke an, often less effective, immune response. They are age-old vaccines and have been used for polio, flu, hepatitis A, rabies which is why some people tend to trust them more than more recently developed vaccines. What is often ignored is that although the method is conventional the vaccine itself is new and needs to be tested just as carefully.

AUS seems to be having the same problems with vaccine development and funding as Germany has. Vaccine development is a risky and extremely expensive business because it requires heavy funding before there are any tangible results and there's the constant risk of all the money going down the drain. You (the government) never know(s) which vaccine to bet on. We've had two promising candidates of which only one (BioNTech cooperating with Pfizer) came out as the winner. BionTech's CEO said that venture capital and government funding as the make or break factor had been badly needed and, fortunately for them, were also provided. Not so for the other company.
Another factor is the approval of the vaccine by a number of national and international institutions which can vary in terms of when it is approved and for whom it is recommended. I guess this describes the dilemma your government is faced with.

I was like your son Richie, very reluctant to have any jabs without all the facts, I was adamant over the AZ, under no circumstances would I have that vaccine, I cancelled so many appointments that were made when I found out it was the AZ jab offered.
I took a gamble on Pfizer, it was that or none. I only had a sore arm afterwards, no other side effects, I'd recommend Pfizer to anyone, would your son consider it?

I was like your son Richie, very reluctant to have any jabs without all the facts, I was adamant over the AZ, under no circumstances would I have that vaccine, I cancelled so many appointments that were made when I found out it was the AZ jab offered.
I took a gamble on Pfizer, it was that or none. I only had a sore arm afterwards, no other side effects, I'd recommend Pfizer to anyone, would your son consider it?
Nope. He does not trust any of the Messenger vaxes reason he is waiting for Novavax.

Nope. He does not trust any of the Messenger vaxes reason he is waiting for Novavax.
Good for your son for sticking to his decision 👍
Care workers are being sacked here for refusing to get vaccinated, I think I heard too that NHS staff who work on the front line are also facing the sack if they aren't vaccinated by a certain deadline.

Good for your son for sticking to his decision 👍
Care workers are being sacked here for refusing to get vaccinated, I think I heard too that NHS staff who work on the front line are also facing the sack if they aren't vaccinated by a certain deadline.
I'm waiting for my third Pfizer/BioNTech shot due in Dec/Jan and so are a lot of other people. This country is in a deplorable state with infection figures soaring and reaching unprecedented levels, ICUs being almost fully occupied predominantly by those not vaxed. 4,000 beds in ICUs cannot be used anymore because thousands of nursing staff have quit their jobs. That's why nobody of them will be sacked if they refuse to be vaxed.
There's talk about regional shutdowns again. The vaccination process has virtually come to a standstill because no one is taking any measures. This country is in a pretty mess and winter hasn't even started yet. :rolleyes:

I'm waiting for my third Pfizer/BioNTech shot due in Dec/Jan and so are a lot of other people. This country is in a deplorable state with infection figures soaring and reaching unprecedented levels, ICUs being almost fully occupied predominantly by those not vaxed. 4,000 beds in ICUs cannot be used anymore because thousands of nursing staff have quit their jobs. That's why nobody of them will be sacked if they refuse to be vaxed.
There's talk about regional shutdowns again. The vaccination process has virtually come to a standstill because no one is taking any measures. This country is in a pretty mess and winter hasn't even started yet. :rolleyes:
That does not sound at all good mate. Bloody anti-vaxers. Selfish and stupid.:mad: Cant they grasp the fact that being vaxed.. regardless of what is used.. is safer than no vax at all. We may also end up having Novavax too for our booster jab.
Just assure me that Astra/Zeneca is a messenger RNA vax.

Last edited:
Back