The Lounge

Morning Pete and Jessica. Bloody insomnia.. woke painfully early again today. It was just approaching dawn. Was unable to resleep so watched a Bette Davis movie. How are you enjoying TZ Pete.
Morning/afternoon/evening 😆
I need about 7 hours sleep to be able to function, I'm usually in bed by 10pm and up at 6am for work.

Have a pool table in my studio & enjoy playing 8.Ball, snooker & allies... as you know Richie doesn't matter if it's playing 8.Ball or any of the sports that involves running you only become consistently good at it by practising & playing it a lot.
Have played those online snooker & 8.Ball games before mate, they're great to play & a lot of fun :thumbsu:
I wonder if we can play snooker/pool together some time mate. Then have a post game chat about it. At the moment I am playing against a computer opponent.. not the same.

I wonder if we can play snooker/pool together some time mate. Then have a post game chat about it. At the moment I am playing against a computer opponent.. not the same.
Yeah, would be great for us to play some snooker/pool at some stage mate... the game is all about thinking a couple of shots ahead & controlling the cue ball, whether with running side, striking it on the top to run the ball through, striking the ball near the bottom to stop the ball on the spot etc... as you say it's not the same playing any sport online compared to actually playing it.

The site I use https://www.flyordie.com/snooker/ has great graphics mate. The problem I have planning at least the next shot is losing my tradgectory for the shot at hand when I search around for where I want the white ball to end.
So Pete can you see from this site if there is a way for two friends to play together.

the site sounds great... but how to work the graphics can be a bit confusing.
Reckon you may have to join to find out. Can you see please mate. Be great if we could do some jousting on the snooker/pool table.

Last edited:
Have joined up - had a few practice matches, it's great fun to play mate... do you play the Snooker Lite version or the snooker one ?

So do you see a way for us to play together. Or is it only a solo player against a computer. Yes great software and good fun.. But be better playing together if poss mate. Then I will join too.

Not too sure mate - think you might be able to select who you want to play... my nickname is the same as my BC username 'signman'
let me know what your nickname is when you join.

Later on in the evening we could both go on the flyordie site & sign into Snooker Lite & See if we're both in that snooker room... we can work out a time later on Craig to go on it.

Richie do you use the spin options in snooker on the site ? can control the cue better allowing you to make bigger breaks ? applying side on the ball is very handy as well... if you set it to right-hand side then strike the cue ball, when it hits the cush it rotates right to left diverting the cue ball on an angle to the right, exactly like it would if you were playing on a real pool table.
Also if you give it left-hand side it will divert on an angle to the left.

Not too sure mate - think you might be able to select who you want to play... my nickname is the same as my BC username 'signman'
let me know what your nickname is when you join.

Later on in the evening we could both go on the flyordie site & sign into Snooker Lite & See if we're both in that snooker room... we can work out a time later on Craig to go on it.
:thumbsu:
Richie do you use the spin options in snooker on the site ? can control the cue better allowing you to make bigger breaks ? applying side on the ball is very handy as well... if you set it to right-hand side then strike the cue ball, when it hits the cush it rotates right to left diverting the cue ball on an angle to the right, exactly like it would if you were playing on a real pool table.
Also if you give it left-hand side it will divert on an angle to the left.
I dont mate as I try to back my own judgement and eye. But if I'm playing the pool champ I may have to start.;)

Just signed up Pete as Richie148

Last edited:
😀
Also there's the stop shot... and the screw back shot too, it's an ideal shot to play if you're too straight on the ball you're are about to pot... you strike the cue ball near the bottom, making it spin back allowing you to get down the other end of the table if you need to.
It's a good idea mate to try these shots on the practice table on the site.

Last edited:
Morning guys 🙂
It was 8 degrees here yesterday, I thought it was summer! 🥵
I like playing snooker, not sure I could play virtual snooker though, but does sound like fun 🎱

Morning Jessica. There is a link above for the Snooker site.. Take a look. Great graphics and a cinch to play. Mal and I have joined but are not sure whether we are able to play with each other or only against a computer.

As Richie said Jessica it's a lot of fun & there is a practice table to learn how to work the graphics, pretty easy to use.

Morning Jessica. There is a link above for the Snooker site.. Take a look. Great graphics and a cinch to play. Mal and I have joined but are not sure whether we are able to play with each other or only against a computer.
Hello Richie🤗
I'll take a look, I'll be a spectator if I can. That'd be great if you could play against each other.

Back