Victorian Premier Cricket 08/09

Re: Victorian Premier Cricket 08/09

hottip06;221481 said:
A handy first XI at a sh*t club! He makes 100's and they get flogged because he is selfish and bats for himself!

And about Hawking, anyone who has played over 100 games (no finals) and never taken a five-for cannot be taken seriously!!!!
Hawking ain't shit. Warne never took a five wicket haul in district cricket either. ;)

Hansen
???
???
Entwhistle
Wright
???
Herrick
Rose
Elston+
Hoogenboom
Hawking

Not the worst line-up. Still need some batting though. Had a few OK kids who got some scores last year, but more starts than big scores.

They picked up Donnel i think it is from Dandenong, second eleven keeper for them and is after better opportunties. Good player on his day

Wakefields, Best, Eddy, Sampson some guys there that played a bit in the Firsts and 2nds, should be pushing on with their cricket this year.

South won't have the worst season down there at all

Guru™;221486 said:
They picked up Donnel i think it is from Dandenong, second eleven keeper for them and is after better opportunties. Good player on his day

Wakefields, Best, Eddy, Sampson some guys there that played a bit in the Firsts and 2nds, should be pushing on with their cricket this year.

South won't have the worst season down there at all

Is that Tom Donnel from dandy?? if so hes a pretty handy player and is only still young.. maybe a good move for him if he plays consistent games in the first can only go up

jimmydcricket;221543 said:
they picked up tom hussey from dandenong, not donnel

Yeah my bad, still a handy player from memory have been away from the premier cricket scene for a few seasons now

Cutting Half Volleys;221483 said:
Hawking ain't shit. Warne never took a five wicket haul in district cricket either. ;)

Hansen
???
???
Entwhistle
Wright
???
Herrick
Rose
Elston+
Hoogenboom
Hawking

Not the worst line-up. Still need some batting though. Had a few OK kids who got some scores last year, but more starts than big scores.

What about Luke Van Raay? Made some good scores and took consistent wickets last year....

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;221831 said:
What about Luke Van Raay? Made some good scores and took consistent wickets last year....

Why are we talking about South Melbourne like they are the team to beat???
They are plebs, they are a sh*t club with a history of failure! Whilst we can acknowledge they have recruited well, can we please stop talking them up until they actually DO something!!!!!
If you want a cheap game, go to South, Hawking, Entwhistle and Co have racked them over the years for no return! Never played finals, never climbed out of the bottom four, never taken a 5 for... that is all!

Agree

Lets move off the focus of Sth. I am guessing the fixture has been released. anyone want to post it up so everyone can see it. Pre-season training must be underway for all the clubs now?

Guru™;221870 said:
Agree

Lets move off the focus of Sth. I am guessing the fixture has been released. anyone want to post it up so everyone can see it. Pre-season training must be underway for all the clubs now?

All I know is 15 rounds this season, so there will be two teams that each team wont play. Its just the luck of the draw as to who those teams are.
Also 90 overs in a day back from 100.

Heard a rumour from a good source that Hawthorn have signed Benham (South last year/UK) and Sillence (former South/Ess/UK). Which would make their batting extremely powerful in both forms, with Dart and Spoljaric already there. They must be spending some serious bills!!! Will be hard to beat in most games as none of those four will be playing for Victoria, hence will be available for every game.

Cox has returned to Hawthorn too. If they have Benham, Sillence, Dart and Spoljaric too, that is massive!

hottip06;221833 said:
Why are we talking about South Melbourne like they are the team to beat???
They are plebs, they are a sh*t club with a history of failure! Whilst we can acknowledge they have recruited well, can we please stop talking them up until they actually DO something!!!!!
If you want a cheap game, go to South, Hawking, Entwhistle and Co have racked them over the years for no return! Never played finals, never climbed out of the bottom four, never taken a 5 for... that is all!

LOL don't hold back next time ok :D

The Hawks will be hard to beat this year with some of the pick ups and the older seasoned campaigners

Why does everyone talk about Hoogenboom as being a good bowler. I've seen him twice and he's bowled crap both times. Better batsmen in the comp tear him apart.

I didn't say he was good, I just said he could be changing clubs - take a chill pill! Any Premier Cricket news to offer Baz?

Anyone rate the bombers for the upcoming season?

Got a reasonably experienced side, with Berger, Fletcher, Hutchinson, Chris Rogers for a few games and young guns in Aaron Mato and Ben McRae (Two 1st XI tons in 07/08), plus C.McKay for a few games and his brother, as well as young spinner in Johnstone (did ok last year) and Steven Reid, a vic u17 fast bowler.

Pretty versatile team with plenty of allrounders, but batting last year had many collapses.

There bowling is not all that strong, but a few youngsters coming through (Johnstone,Reid)

Any thoughts???

Anyone heard of any recent player movements?

Possibly Clingeleffer to keep at Melb in place of Nevill
M.Allen gone from Carl, capt of melton VSDCA

Richmond CC announced last night that Matthew Mulcahy will be the captain for 2008/09 season.

Back