Victorian Premier Cricket 08/09

Re: Victorian Premier Cricket 08/09

Johnny Boy;273071 said:
Yeah pretty sure they would be paying cox as well. So maybe there is a bit of truth to these rumours if others have heard things along these lines too

Just want to confirm that Cox is NOT being paid, the other 5 - make your own mind up. Things could develop down at Monash this week - Miller walked out on Thursday and there may be a couple of other 1st XI players about to do the same.

They may not be paid for cricket, but what are the jobs at Monash University in relation to?

Scores from Round 4 games played on Saturday
Dandenong 9/191(Forsyth 61*,Wild 5/55) lost to Prahran 4/192(Schlittler 124*,Dempsey 3/35)
Essendon 6/188(Fletcher 65*,Bryant 52) lost St Kilda 9/189(Cross 88*)
Richmond 8/217(S.Taylor 111,Dickinson 3/28 ) lost to Carlton 5/218(Gulbis 111)
Footscray Edgewater 6/309(Lindsay 94,Russ 62,Brohaska 58 ) def Frankston Peninsula 7/281(Walker 106,Miller 56)
Fitzroy Doncaster 6/219(Mash 86*,Knowles 65) def Camberwell Magpies 215
Melbourne Uni 8/191(Keely 64) lost to Hawthorn Monash Uni 4/194(Benham 75,Cox 52)
Melbourne 192(Kent 75) def Casey South Melbourne 88(Dale 5/10)
North Melbourne 140(McDonald 43,Daniel King 4/20) lost to Ringwood 3/141
Northcote 145(Carlson 64,McPhee 3/24) def Geelong 125(O'Shea 3/27,Peake 3/30)

LADDER AFTER ROUND 4
RINGWOOD 18pts
NORTHCOTE 16pts
MELBOURNE 15pts
PRAHRAN 15pts
CAMBERWELL MAGPIES 12pts
ESSENDON 9pts
GEELONG 9pts
FITZROY DONCASTER 9pts
-------------------------------
St Kilda 9pts
Carlton 9pts
Richmond 9pts
Footscray Edgewater 8pts
Hawthorn Monash Uni 8pts
Melbourne Uni 4pts
Frankston Peninsula 4pts
North Melbourne 4pts
Dandenong 0pts
Casey South Melbourne 0pts

Round 5 is one day game this Saturday

Some interesting games this week, how do we think it will infold with it being very tight on points for the middle teams.

Who do we now think the "Dark Horse" will be after we have played a few rounds.

Bradley Mur, Hawthorn-Monash Uni - Casey-South Melbourne
Matthew Cox, Hawthorn-Monash Uni - Dandenong
Sam Miller, Hawthorn-Monash Uni - Melbourne Uni
Matthew Hewat, Hawthorn-Monash Uni - Melbourne Uni

all first xi players?

whats with all the movement down at hawlthorn?

I also heard that Cricket Victoria aren't that happy with them with the calabre of their first eleven players and who is and isnt getting paid.

Don't think Mur was a 1st XI player.

Hewat, Cox and Miller all unhappy with the coaching and selection down that way. Trust Hawthorn to block the clearance.

I cannot beleive there is sh*ttalk on here about the possiblilty of HMUCC paying what - maybe 5 players - maybe? Do we not remember the Saints 14 flags in a row with their all star line up? Only 2 were paid there you think? I think not.

If they have the resources to attract players there fair enough. Saints had state selection possibilities, Hawks have great facilities and full Uni backing.

However, the fascination of recruiting Casey players has gone ridulously over board - how much success have Casey had recently?

....well done to the Dragons too - surprised the hell out of me I must say.

And bad luck to Frankston and Funky and the boys for a good effort on Saturday.

The Bone;275963 said:
I cannot beleive there is sh*ttalk on here about the possiblilty of HMUCC paying what - maybe 5 players - maybe? Do we not remember the Saints 14 flags in a row with their all star line up? Only 2 were paid there you think? I think not.

If they have the resources to attract players there fair enough. Saints had state selection possibilities, Hawks have great facilities and full Uni backing.

However, the fascination of recruiting Casey players has gone ridulously over board - how much success have Casey had recently?

In 1st XI you can have 11 paid players as long as they are listed as professionals which is where the problem most likely lies.

beached as;275986 said:
In 1st XI you can have 11 paid players as long as they are listed as professionals which is where the problem most likely lies.
Only allowed two professional players.

The Bone;275963 said:

Couldn't give a stuff if they're paying players. No-one else will either when they miss the finals again! Hey, at least they're still forking out $280 for a tracksuit so they look good.

Can buy players, can't buy a club!

finch posted another big score on the weekend. are the vic selectors over looking him or...?

Badger;276327 said:
finch posted another big score on the weekend. are the vic selectors over looking him or...?

You tell me where he can fit into the line up of:

Rogers
Jewell
Hodge
Hussey
McDonald
Quiney
Wade

????

No room unfortunately

Back