VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Trebba;357721 said:
Yarraville club will be the big winners out of this points system. I heard they have room in their points cap to recruit 2 more district players. Half their top players have been at club for more than 4 years so they all have low points.

Word on the street is that Craig Berger(Essendon CC) has already signed, saw him with turner on weekend at palms on geelong rd.

Also heard they chasing ex victorian wicket keeper wade and good chance of getting him :eek:

How do they get away with it?? :mad:

i think you have had too many dates with BRUCE,the only
Burger with turner was the Hamburglars(Rubble+Taylor):D

century scorer;357844 said:
i think you have had too many dates with BRUCE,the only
Burger with turner was the Hamburglars(Rubble+Taylor):D

I doubt bruce mcavaney would wanna spend time with a battler from the western suburbs playing in north b2 :D But im sure if he was in the vtca media he would be onto berger crossing to yarraville as well, I know what i saw and he is a big signing :cool:

Sounds like u have been spending too much time on one of turners many tomato farms, have a spell :D

jika jika;357832 said:
The points system was not introduced to stop Yarraville Club recruiting. If they have been good enough to hang on to players like Tocka and Baker for 4 or more years they deserve like evey other club to get them at a discounted points rate. All clubs that recruit good people who stay for an extended period at their club will benefit from the points system. Clubs who continually take on "cricket prostitutes" will be the clubs that struggle to manage the points system.

If Yarraville do have room for 2 more district players they will have had to take out some other reasonably high points players to fit them in. Yes they will be better but its not like others arn't recruiting as well.

I'd suggest wade may stay with the Bushrangers as his contract of 100-150k may be a little more than even Yarriville Club can afford.

As for "how do they get away with it", get away with what. Under the new system all clubs can spend as much cash as they want, BUT cant exceed the points cap. That rule will include Yarriville Club.

My point is the money getting spent and the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer. Points system wont stop this. Yarraville, Keilor, Airport West etc etc will be stronger than ever wait and see :cool:

I stand to be corrected on wade from bushrangers. Spoke to my inside contact and it is russ from footscray not wade that is a good chance of being at yarraville next year. Has many mates down there and with new points system can easily fit him in :eek:

I can't believe people are questioning the points system, it won't work overnight but in time it will even up the competition. YC will always be a strong club, but now everything must be out in the open. I think its a positive move by the VTCA, as something had to be done about the under the table payments. With a bit of luck this system will come into suburban footy.

Trebba;357849 said:
My point is the money getting spent and the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer. Points system wont stop this. Yarraville, Keilor, Airport West etc etc will be stronger than ever wait and see :cool:

I stand to be corrected on wade from bushrangers. Spoke to my inside contact and it is russ from footscray not wade that is a good chance of being at yarraville next year. Has many mates down there and with new points system can easily fit him in :eek:

Yarraville, Keilor and Airport West probably will be strong next year, but so they should be, they were strong last year. What the points system stops is a rich club going out and buying 3,4 or 5 blokes straight out of district cricket, or overseas unless they dont play some of there recent "profile" recruits and listed paid players. Clubs like Yarraville which have recruit and retained good players should be able to have them at a discounted points rate. I dont think the system was designed to weaken the richer clubs, it was designed to spread talent. It should make it easier for other clubs to recruit because rich clubs wont be able to just outbid everyone else, because at some point they wont be able to fit these blokes inside their points cap. No 1st year ex district player will be happy playing Senior 2nds, no matter how much cash their getting. And remember if u think that these clubs have stockpiled talent, that was under the completly unenforcable 2 paid player rule, not the points system. But happy to hear a better idea if u have one

jika jika;357882 said:
Yarraville, Keilor and Airport West probably will be strong next year, but so they should be, they were strong last year. What the points system stops is a rich club going out and buying 3,4 or 5 blokes straight out of district cricket, or overseas unless they dont play some of there recent "profile" recruits and listed paid players. Clubs like Yarraville which have recruit and retained good players should be able to have them at a discounted points rate. I dont think the system was designed to weaken the richer clubs, it was designed to spread talent. It should make it easier for other clubs to recruit because rich clubs wont be able to just outbid everyone else, because at some point they wont be able to fit these blokes inside their points cap. No 1st year ex district player will be happy playing Senior 2nds, no matter how much cash their getting. And remember if u think that these clubs have stockpiled talent, that was under the completly unenforcable 2 paid player rule, not the points system. But happy to hear a better idea if u have one

Good post, makes more sense when you put it like that. i just like taking p_iss out of yarraville, keilor , airport west etc Yarraville are a great club and have been able to hold onto some great players so to be honest good luck to them. I change my views on the points system, i give it a thumbs up :)

jika jika;357882 said:

All old and washed up players should be aspiring to play Senior 2nds!

southern sledge;357861 said:
I can't believe people are questioning the points system, it won't work overnight but in time it will even up the competition. YC will always be a strong club, but now everything must be out in the open. I think its a positive move by the VTCA, as something had to be done about the under the table payments. With a bit of luck this system will come into suburban footy.

I am returning to the VTCA this year after playing recently in Darwin and am trying to work out how i will carry 8 points as an out of season player?
I realise i did not reach great heights the last time i played in the vtca with a respectable batting average of 3 in north c3 and bowling average of 79 and everyone will see i have improved but 8 points is quite high even for me.

jacko66;357922 said:
All old and washed up players should be aspiring to play Senior 2nds!

My quote said 1st year ex district players wont be happy playing Senior 2nds, 20 year ex hacks are just pleased they can still save enough energy at work to walk from short cover to short cover in the 2's, and keep that new skippa of ours in control

Hi Mick, long time no hear. Good to see your still alive.

any lucrative offers going your way yet? surely with the new points system, it has pretty much opened the door for you, i mean what club would pass up the opportunity of a fiery young express bowler that only incurs 8 points.

Mick Megne;357937 said:
I am returning to the VTCA this year after playing recently in Darwin and am trying to work out how i will carry 8 points as an out of season player?
I realise i did not reach great heights the last time i played in the vtca with a respectable batting average of 3 in north c3 and bowling average of 79 and everyone will see i have improved but 8 points is quite high even for me.

What Club in darwin did you play for? And what grade?

The darwin lads the play in the VTCA are Ryan Green, Shane Piercy and Kim Lawrence.

Trebba;357905 said:
Good post, makes more sense when you put it like that. i just like taking p_iss out of yarraville, keilor , airport west etc Yarraville are a great club and have been able to hold onto some great players so to be honest good luck to them. I change my views on the points system, i give it a thumbs up :)

YARRAVILLE A GREAT CLUB your kidding yourself? How can
a premiership player be told to move on ? :mad:Its local
cricket

A few former team mates of mine have started their own branding of cricket gear.

Dane Anderson and Brett Geeves have started 'Venom Cricket' and hopefully i can get a few pics of there gear on here.(if someone can tell me how to)

being state contracted players they would only have the best gear and they wouldn't dish up rubbish.

Venom Cricket

hey lads , just wanted to say hi . have been reading for a while and i have noticed that there is a bit of good banter here . mas combois you are hard but fair couldnt help noticing sentury scorer was supporting yarraville now he is having a go at them , whats the go . hope we can keep the banter friendly on here boys . look forward to your reply

century scorer;358200 said:
YARRAVILLE A GREAT CLUB your kidding yourself? How can
a premiership player be told to move on ? :mad:Its local
cricket

At the end of the day even i have to agree that Yarraville have been the best side in the vtca over the last decade and im surprised you dont agree they are a great club. i heard pacholli chose to leave? if thats who you are talking about? we tried getting him to kingy baps but he wouldnt talk to us :D

stinkyplayer;358253 said:
hey lads , just wanted to say hi . have been reading for a while and i have noticed that there is a bit of good banter here . mas combois you are hard but fair couldnt help noticing sentury scorer was supporting yarraville now he is having a go at them , whats the go . hope we can keep the banter friendly on here boys . look forward to your reply

are you from yarravile century scorer?

hey guys , a couple of things . trebba i think you are not being honest . i know the president of kingy and i can tell you for a fact that they never even tried to talk to pacholi at all , they never thought that they had a chance with a guy who is such a good player , why do you start rumours like this ? . please explain . another thing is that i also heard that matthew love has already gone from yarraville c.c. to coach st albans , any one confirm that .

stinkyplayer;358347 said:
hey guys , a couple of things . trebba i think you are not being honest . i know the president of kingy and i can tell you for a fact that they never even tried to talk to pacholi at all , they never thought that they had a chance with a guy who is such a good player , why do you start rumours like this ? . please explain . another thing is that i also heard that matthew love has already gone from yarraville c.c. to coach st albans , any one confirm that .

Stinky, 2 posts and as the name suggests, two stinky coments!! Are you retarded, no turth to anything you will ever say quite obviously. As the two muppets in the balcony would say "GET OFF"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back