VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

JUSTCALLME X;276550 said:
The 4 will stay as is..... RPB, APW, Sth Caul, YClub... will just have to see what order they finish in!

Hampton odds on to go down..... other spot up for grabs.

Is it def two up two down in senior and senior a for next season? Why?

JUSTCALLME X;276550 said:
The 4 will stay as is..... RPB, APW, Sth Caul, YClub... will just have to see what order they finish in!

Hampton odds on to go down..... other spot up for grabs.

Is it def two up two down in senior and senior a for next season? Why?

Definetly 2 up 2 down in Senior A so that one from North A and one from South A go up.

Given there are a lack of south sides in Senior it wouldnt suprise me if some shifty's were done.

Definetly 2 up 2 down in Senior A so that one from North A and one from South A go up.

Given there are a lack of south sides in Senior it wouldnt suprise me if some shifty's were done.

JUSTCALLME X;276548 said:
Very interesting!! Also noticed that Hutchinson and McKay the only paid pro's at KCC. Surely Porter and Marcy are getting their whack!

Linley will be big plus for OEG. Same as Maurice for RPB.

Chances of a washout this Sat???? Get your derby tickets on standby!

With the inclusion of Gene Maurice, Royal Park / Brunswick are over the line.

JUSTCALLME X;276548 said:
Very interesting!! Also noticed that Hutchinson and McKay the only paid pro's at KCC. Surely Porter and Marcy are getting their whack!

Linley will be big plus for OEG. Same as Maurice for RPB.

Chances of a washout this Sat???? Get your derby tickets on standby!

Ben Dover;276603 said:

I agree. The inclusion of "Hot Dog" at RPB among others may throw them into favourtism with them playing off with APW. It seems like Senior Div is just becomming more and more ridiculous with the number of players being paid because there is no chance they are sticking to the 2 rule!
Wots the deal with Zahorodni batting at 7? Still can't believe he hasn't been poached by one of the big paying teams as he's good enough. Same with Osborne at St.Bernards.

Guru-I think Foot United will worm their way out of trouble (relegation zone). I think EK in big trouble and I still think Abers will need to find a few more wins to get themselves out of there.
Willy CY's look the goods in Senior A, whilst Sunshine United might be back in North A if things don't improve.
Werribee Centrals look the goods in North B especially if they get Edrich back. Aber Park should be around the mark but they have some serious mental hurdles to get over if that is the case as it showed again last week. They always struggle against MV. But the Sri Lankan came good so they might be on the improve.

Ben Dover;276603 said:

I agree. The inclusion of "Hot Dog" at RPB among others may throw them into favourtism with them playing off with APW. It seems like Senior Div is just becomming more and more ridiculous with the number of players being paid because there is no chance they are sticking to the 2 rule!
Wots the deal with Zahorodni batting at 7? Still can't believe he hasn't been poached by one of the big paying teams as he's good enough. Same with Osborne at St.Bernards.

Guru-I think Foot United will worm their way out of trouble (relegation zone). I think EK in big trouble and I still think Abers will need to find a few more wins to get themselves out of there.
Willy CY's look the goods in Senior A, whilst Sunshine United might be back in North A if things don't improve.
Werribee Centrals look the goods in North B especially if they get Edrich back. Aber Park should be around the mark but they have some serious mental hurdles to get over if that is the case as it showed again last week. They always struggle against MV. But the Sri Lankan came good so they might be on the improve.

With the current 'credit crunch' will any clubs have to cut wages!!!!
would be interesting if no clubs could afford to pay players and would expose clubs that have bought success and loyalty....and in doing so killed off their junior setups! think the top 4 would be a bit different then.

would be interesting if no clubs could afford to pay players and would expose clubs that have bought success and loyalty....and in doing so killed off their junior setups! think the top 4 would be a bit different then.

underarm bowler;276680 said:

Bit harsh referring to Doutta in that way, they bought success but it was the ultimate success, so what if they are struggling this year, last year's flag makes up for it.

underarm bowler;276680 said:

Bit harsh referring to Doutta in that way, they bought success but it was the ultimate success, so what if they are struggling this year, last year's flag makes up for it.

JUSTCALLME X;276874 said:
Heard the VTCA was on SEN yesterday. Did anyone hear it?? Were they just going through results??

It was on last night - they talk each week about local cricket comps results, indivdual performances etc.

Discussed how the VTCA executive run a tight ship in controlling the 1 professional/1 overseas player and by doing this, have an even comp where any side can win the flag.

JUSTCALLME X;276874 said:
Heard the VTCA was on SEN yesterday. Did anyone hear it?? Were they just going through results??

It was on last night - they talk each week about local cricket comps results, indivdual performances etc.

Discussed how the VTCA executive run a tight ship in controlling the 1 professional/1 overseas player and by doing this, have an even comp where any side can win the flag.

Guru14;276541 said:
Well Dingo my friend, the season has started and from the results we can see that it will be a pretty even season as it always is. Unfortunately there is no doubt that East Keilor and Footscray United are in for very very long seasons. I'm still on the Abers band wagon mate, that's the North B band wagon, their loss on the weekend and then chasing the pill to all parts of the ground can smash a side for the rest of the year. Seddon or Parkville will fill the other spot in the bottom 4 which is the danger zone so we are being told. The top 4 is wide open as it always is in North A, but after a one dayer and one 2 day game it's still very open. At this stage I would think that the four could shape up along the lines of Keilor Park, Greenvale, St Albans and A/Heights or W'Meadows. If David Z from Tulla keeps making tons of runs and takes 4 or 5 wickets a game he might get them there on his own! History shows that a North A finals spot is still up for grabs in the last round of every season and I think 2 years ago you could have made the finals from 8th, which is unbelieveable. I'm pretty set on the predictions above and I think the rest will fight out the minors. Avondale have been the surprise packet and have plenty of experience and have played finals I think 3 out of the last 4 years so they are in a good position having 2/2.

I think you will find out about most sides come round 4. After the spring racing .

I no my side will get back up to 5 first players in the next 2 games.

Just hope its not 2 late

Guru14;276541 said:
Well Dingo my friend, the season has started and from the results we can see that it will be a pretty even season as it always is. Unfortunately there is no doubt that East Keilor and Footscray United are in for very very long seasons. I'm still on the Abers band wagon mate, that's the North B band wagon, their loss on the weekend and then chasing the pill to all parts of the ground can smash a side for the rest of the year. Seddon or Parkville will fill the other spot in the bottom 4 which is the danger zone so we are being told. The top 4 is wide open as it always is in North A, but after a one dayer and one 2 day game it's still very open. At this stage I would think that the four could shape up along the lines of Keilor Park, Greenvale, St Albans and A/Heights or W'Meadows. If David Z from Tulla keeps making tons of runs and takes 4 or 5 wickets a game he might get them there on his own! History shows that a North A finals spot is still up for grabs in the last round of every season and I think 2 years ago you could have made the finals from 8th, which is unbelieveable. I'm pretty set on the predictions above and I think the rest will fight out the minors. Avondale have been the surprise packet and have plenty of experience and have played finals I think 3 out of the last 4 years so they are in a good position having 2/2.

I think you will find out about most sides come round 4. After the spring racing .

I no my side will get back up to 5 first players in the next 2 games.

Just hope its not 2 late

Javid Miandmum;276901 said:

Must be a comedy show.

Tips for this week or do we go back to studying the form and put the bag of fruit in the car just in case...?

Javid Miandmum;276901 said:

Must be a comedy show.

Tips for this week or do we go back to studying the form and put the bag of fruit in the car just in case...?

Looking for a specalized mod to help out beached as when the VTCA gets its own board in the coming days. PM me or another admin if you are interested....

Good luck this weekend

Looking for a specalized mod to help out beached as when the VTCA gets its own board in the coming days. PM me or another admin if you are interested....

Good luck this weekend

Vicious and Well Directed;276913 said:
Must be a comedy show.

In the match of the round Sth Caul may just hopld out APW by about 3 or 4 runs. Sth Caulfield led by Mullaney, L Russell and co will step up at home. Look for D Brown to perform well in the big game.

Hampton v Doutta is a non event as both are making up the numbers. Doutta should make plenty but on that Hampton wicket it really is determined by who bats first.

Altona too strong for McKinnon. Keilor to bounce back against OEG who have the big inclusion of Linley but just not enough performance from their batsmen. You would hope Perara is a fine coach as his numbers dont stack up as a bat.

RPB to continue on their dance v YP. Contessa, Hillas, add Maurice in there and you have 3 quality all rounders.

Spotty v YC is a big game, Spotty have Davies and a few boys in form, Bakes is due for a big score but they bat around Tokka so who knows. Im tipping Yarraville but only by a couple of wickets.

Senior A

Hoppers to pump Beauy at home, what are Beauy doing down there and why is Hignett not captaining?
St Bernards too classy for Chelt. Maccabi Ajax to beat Strathmore in match of the round, expect 3 figures from Lamb and a big score from Weinstock. Strathy bat well when Tupper gets going though.
Bentleigh v Brighton who cares - both shocking clubs from the south who have the most inconsistent ill prepared decks in the comp. Thankfully this should be at neutral territory thereby removing Bentleighs bias.
Druids v United, Druids should be too strong. United struggling plus Gallage is quality for Druids.
MHSOB v Willy CY should be a batting paradise again. Willy CY just though MHSOB some encouraging signs with depth last week.

North A who cares. as long as Abers gets beat.

Vicious and Well Directed;276913 said:
Must be a comedy show.

In the match of the round Sth Caul may just hopld out APW by about 3 or 4 runs. Sth Caulfield led by Mullaney, L Russell and co will step up at home. Look for D Brown to perform well in the big game.

Hampton v Doutta is a non event as both are making up the numbers. Doutta should make plenty but on that Hampton wicket it really is determined by who bats first.

Altona too strong for McKinnon. Keilor to bounce back against OEG who have the big inclusion of Linley but just not enough performance from their batsmen. You would hope Perara is a fine coach as his numbers dont stack up as a bat.

RPB to continue on their dance v YP. Contessa, Hillas, add Maurice in there and you have 3 quality all rounders.

Spotty v YC is a big game, Spotty have Davies and a few boys in form, Bakes is due for a big score but they bat around Tokka so who knows. Im tipping Yarraville but only by a couple of wickets.

Senior A

Hoppers to pump Beauy at home, what are Beauy doing down there and why is Hignett not captaining?
St Bernards too classy for Chelt. Maccabi Ajax to beat Strathmore in match of the round, expect 3 figures from Lamb and a big score from Weinstock. Strathy bat well when Tupper gets going though.
Bentleigh v Brighton who cares - both shocking clubs from the south who have the most inconsistent ill prepared decks in the comp. Thankfully this should be at neutral territory thereby removing Bentleighs bias.
Druids v United, Druids should be too strong. United struggling plus Gallage is quality for Druids.
MHSOB v Willy CY should be a batting paradise again. Willy CY just though MHSOB some encouraging signs with depth last week.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;276926 said:

Senior A

Good write up..

I am pumped that Linley is back, awesome cricketer, but even better bloke.. He will make a massive change to the team, him and Mettleman opening will be top class..

Perera is a great captain, and he'll make runs soon..

Good luck for all teams tomorrow.

Senior A

Good write up..

I am pumped that Linley is back, awesome cricketer, but even better bloke.. He will make a massive change to the team, him and Mettleman opening will be top class..

mickeybee;276946 said:
Good write up..

Agree - well said. Its good to read people talking about the cricket who know something (or think they do!!!!)

APW v SC - huge game. could be a preview of a finals game this year. SC if A Russell back, if not APW just.
Doutta to roll Hampton easy - Rutley another bag.. not many other bowlers
YC v Spotty could be closer than people think. I'm going the underdog
RPB v Youlden - RPB to continue early form, Hillas more runs
McK v Alt - Alt bowling too strong
Keilor v OEG- keilor. Porter to get a big one

Weather could play a part though - good toss to win.

mickeybee;276946 said:
Good write up..

Agree - well said. Its good to read people talking about the cricket who know something (or think they do!!!!)

APW v SC - huge game. could be a preview of a finals game this year. SC if A Russell back, if not APW just.

JUSTCALLME X;276987 said:

A. Russell is back to resume hostilities with Taylor in their 1st meeting since the infamous semi final incident 2 seasons ago

JUSTCALLME X;276987 said:

A. Russell is back to resume hostilities with Taylor in their 1st meeting since the infamous semi final incident 2 seasons ago

Not Out;276994 said:

Will be very interesting then!!!! I'm tipping SC just. Mullaney to ton up.

Not Out;276994 said:

Will be very interesting then!!!! I'm tipping SC just. Mullaney to ton up.

L Russell ? Pulllease.
Mullaney and A Russell agreed but younger bruv has been carried by older one since day 1
Had an ok/average year last year but tell me another one after that ? Not 1 i say

L Russell ? Pulllease.
Mullaney and A Russell agreed but younger bruv has been carried by older one since day 1
Had an ok/average year last year but tell me another one after that ? Not 1 i say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back