VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

Gavone;284079 said:
hahahaha, surely the committee would put a bonus clause in for cone placement?

From a Hoppers perspective, Shane McEachran and Trent Said are two of the best blokes you are ever likely to meet. Always hang around for a beer well into the night, are happy to socially interact with all players from 1sts to 7ths, are very hard trainers and are very helpful with the kids.
If you mean by interact hang about until the coin is paid yeah well he puts in massive then

Gavone;284079 said:
hahahaha, surely the committee would put a bonus clause in for cone placement?

From a Hoppers perspective, Shane McEachran and Trent Said are two of the best blokes you are ever likely to meet. Always hang around for a beer well into the night, are happy to socially interact with all players from 1sts to 7ths, are very hard trainers and are very helpful with the kids.
If you mean by interact hang about until the coin is paid yeah well he puts in massive then

Vicious and Well Directed;284167 said:
Slow day in the office...
Senior:
OEG will be all over South Caulfield
Hampton will just avoid outright
Spotswood should hold off Doutta
RPB on that small ground should do enough, although should be a cracker
Baker gone, Keilor should win
Last one could go either way, but would rather have runs on the board and 7 wickets to get instead of 140 to chase

Senior A:
Hoppers will chase down the 212 pretty comfortably, particularly without Tillakaratne
Strathmore should keep the Snowdogs at bay, all depends on Osborne
MHSOB should bring up their first win over Chelt, 140 to chase
Druids to get over the top of Beauey, did let them off the hook, probably should have already won the game by now
CY's will do an number of Bentleigh outright, can't see anyone being too disappointed with that
Get ready Laurie... here it comes... Ajax will bundle United out fairly cheaply, although if Billy Blair can find a partnership somewhere they might go close.

No danger of a washout by the looks of it at the moment.

Good writeup, well needed on a Friday.

OEG should knock over Sth Caulfield but dont be suprised if a reverse outright could happen.

McKinnon to beat Hampton but bat for too long to enforce an outright.

Doutta to get Spottys 246 with McKinley and Green to get big scores. Green is too classy a player to fail again.

RPB to knock off APW 9 down in a thriller and potential GF preview.

Keilor to beat Yarraville depending on O'Keefe, if they get him they will win. Keilor to break their own record of 182 LBW appeals before tea and 47 tantrums by Willmott, Hutchinson and McKay.

Altona v Youlden not much care factor but agree with what you said, runs on the board. big Mario Auciello to run through them.

Senior A:
Hoppers to get Brightons 212 but look out for a low deck and a couple of dodgy LBWs.
Strathmore to defend 250, MHSOB will hopefully get Chelt's paltry 150. Would be interested in hearing if Chelt's supporters are still as feral, vulgar and threatening as they were last year in the GF? Are they as cocky now as they were then.....
Beauy to beat Druids, Willy CY to win outright and yes I agree, Ajax to roll United for 150 and make some big runs in the 2nd dig.

Good luck to all.

Senior:
Last one could go either way, but would rather have runs on the board and 7 wickets to get instead of 140 to chase

Senior A:
Hoppers will chase down the 212 pretty comfortably, particularly without Tillakaratne
Druids to get over the top of Beauey, did let them off the hook, probably should have already won the game by now
CY's will do an number of Bentleigh outright, can't see anyone being too disappointed with that
Get ready Laurie... here it comes... Ajax will bundle United out fairly cheaply, although if Billy Blair can find a partnership somewhere they might go close.

OEG should knock over Sth Caulfield but dont be suprised if a reverse outright could happen.

Doutta to get Spottys 246 with McKinley and Green to get big scores. Green is too classy a player to fail again.

Keilor to beat Yarraville depending on O'Keefe, if they get him they will win. Keilor to break their own record of 182 LBW appeals before tea and 47 tantrums by Willmott, Hutchinson and McKay.

Altona v Youlden not much care factor but agree with what you said, runs on the board. big Mario Auciello to run through them.

Senior A:
Hoppers to get Brightons 212 but look out for a low deck and a couple of dodgy LBWs.
Strathmore to defend 250, MHSOB will hopefully get Chelt's paltry 150. Would be interested in hearing if Chelt's supporters are still as feral, vulgar and threatening as they were last year in the GF? Are they as cocky now as they were then.....
Beauy to beat Druids, Willy CY to win outright and yes I agree, Ajax to roll United for 150 and make some big runs in the 2nd dig.

Good luck to all.

Millhouse;284215 said:
I think the question would be does Borlase know where the ground is or do they leave a trail of notes all the way out to the wicket for him to follow?

Trail of notes, or trail of doughnuts?

Millhouse;284215 said:
I think the question would be does Borlase know where the ground is or do they leave a trail of notes all the way out to the wicket for him to follow?

boinkeroo;284255 said:

Both plus trail of beer cans,talking of cans hit the bar boys
wash out on the cards.Lets see if all these paid players spend
some coin 2 day over the bar?interested 2 here on monday
who put in at there club?

boinkeroo;284255 said:

Both plus trail of beer cans,talking of cans hit the bar boys
wash out on the cards.Lets see if all these paid players spend
some coin 2 day over the bar?interested 2 here on monday
who put in at there club?

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;284231 said:

Senior A:
Strathmore to defend 250, MHSOB will hopefully get Chelt's paltry 150. Would be interested in hearing if Chelt's supporters are still as feral, vulgar and threatening as they were last year in the GF? Are they as cocky now as they were then.....Beauy to beat Druids, Willy CY to win outright and yes I agree, Ajax to roll United for 150 and make some big runs in the 2nd dig.

Good luck to all.

Interesting comment...from memory there was one person there on the day supporting Chelt that was making a d*ck of himself, but the majority of the vulgor and threatening support came from one Troy Lamb and his mates on the hill, not to mention the 70 year old that walked past the Chelt side and told them that he wished he had a machine gun so that he could shoot them all.... Not too sure where the cocky aspect comes into it, but too win a flag you need a pretty solid belief in your teamates, and confidence in yourself...If anything I would have said Ajax went into last years GF cocky and Chelt went in massive underdogs...

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;284231 said:

Senior A:
Strathmore to defend 250, MHSOB will hopefully get Chelt's paltry 150. Would be interested in hearing if Chelt's supporters are still as feral, vulgar and threatening as they were last year in the GF? Are they as cocky now as they were then.....Beauy to beat Druids, Willy CY to win outright and yes I agree, Ajax to roll United for 150 and make some big runs in the 2nd dig.

Good luck to all.

Interesting comment...from memory there was one person there on the day supporting Chelt that was making a d*ck of himself, but the majority of the vulgor and threatening support came from one Troy Lamb and his mates on the hill, not to mention the 70 year old that walked past the Chelt side and told them that he wished he had a machine gun so that he could shoot them all.... Not too sure where the cocky aspect comes into it, but too win a flag you need a pretty solid belief in your teamates, and confidence in yourself...If anything I would have said Ajax went into last years GF cocky and Chelt went in massive underdogs...

Must agree with the showman there north. as a impartial onlooker who was at the game the only feral and threatening behavior going on was by the ajax people. some of the comments directed a ladies present were nothing short of a disgrace and shouldnt be tolerated by anyone.

fwiw, i expected ajax to win and win easily, as they were the best team all season. so i dont see how the cheltenham blokes would have been cocky, especially after they got rolled on first innings and were 4-9 in their second dig. the ones i spoke didnt like their chances at all esp. with their star player not playing the second week.

Must agree with the showman there north. as a impartial onlooker who was at the game the only feral and threatening behavior going on was by the ajax people. some of the comments directed a ladies present were nothing short of a disgrace and shouldnt be tolerated by anyone.

fwiw, i expected ajax to win and win easily, as they were the best team all season. so i dont see how the cheltenham blokes would have been cocky, especially after they got rolled on first innings and were 4-9 in their second dig. the ones i spoke didnt like their chances at all esp. with their star player not playing the second week.

Senior:

Senior A:

Live and dream Sid.:p

Senior:

Senior A:

Live and dream Sid.:p

century scorer;281170 said:
Dont bag red heads mate,Mick megna,patcholli,aucello,smart ect would take
afence to being called a carrot.Maybe you should go back to north A+B thread with your mate Oracle.All you seem 2 do is bag blokes?whats your
claim 2 fame DINGO

Mick appears to suffer from a little narcissism, petrollium is just plain disgusting and the other two I know nothing about. As for my claim 2 fame, I've climbed Mt. Bartle Frere 3 times and played a game of cricket up there amongst the carpet snakes and rocks. I'm also an umpire coming your way soon.:D

century scorer;281170 said:
Dont bag red heads mate,Mick megna,patcholli,aucello,smart ect would take
afence to being called a carrot.Maybe you should go back to north A+B thread with your mate Oracle.All you seem 2 do is bag blokes?whats your
claim 2 fame DINGO

Mick appears to suffer from a little narcissism, petrollium is just plain disgusting and the other two I know nothing about. As for my claim 2 fame, I've climbed Mt. Bartle Frere 3 times and played a game of cricket up there amongst the carpet snakes and rocks. I'm also an umpire coming your way soon.:D

Boofa;284111 said:
So are you saying that Borlase and Timms dont do this then?

According to the VTCA website these two guys do not get paid mate. But they are both good blokes as well... though I have never seen Timmsy shout anyone a beer!!

Boofa;284111 said:
So are you saying that Borlase and Timms dont do this then?

According to the VTCA website these two guys do not get paid mate. But they are both good blokes as well... though I have never seen Timmsy shout anyone a beer!!

The funniest thing I have heard about the VTCA is that there is only 2 paid professionals per team.
Yarraville club would have to be one of many have a look at that team at least 75 % would be on the biccies... Bakes, O'keefe, Bronca, there is 3 before another person gets paid. Then you look at Airport West knowing Pete magafus he doesn't pay for nothing - nor would Tails or Brown, so really who is the Association kidding. Not bagging the players if you can get - take it
Borliase would be on money do doubt there but don't know the line up for the rest of the team.
I find it a joke and a blight on the VTCA that they just don't allow people to pay cause they turn a blind eye to the ones who have been breaking the rules for ever

The funniest thing I have heard about the VTCA is that there is only 2 paid professionals per team.
Yarraville club would have to be one of many have a look at that team at least 75 % would be on the biccies... Bakes, O'keefe, Bronca, there is 3 before another person gets paid. Then you look at Airport West knowing Pete magafus he doesn't pay for nothing - nor would Tails or Brown, so really who is the Association kidding. Not bagging the players if you can get - take it
Borliase would be on money do doubt there but don't know the line up for the rest of the team.
I find it a joke and a blight on the VTCA that they just don't allow people to pay cause they turn a blind eye to the ones who have been breaking the rules for ever

Gavone;285242 said:

As you are the former prez of the club - don't quote the VTCA website - just remember your dealings with them!!

Gavone;285242 said:

As you are the former prez of the club - don't quote the VTCA website - just remember your dealings with them!!

onlyonepaidpro@clubbers;285330 said:

Mate, I am totally out of the loop these days (and was even in my past few months given my imminent departure) so can only quote the VTCA website. Sorry.

onlyonepaidpro@clubbers;285330 said:

Mate, I am totally out of the loop these days (and was even in my past few months given my imminent departure) so can only quote the VTCA website. Sorry.

aussieboy;285316 said:

Surely you know how they do it though?

aussieboy;285316 said:

Surely you know how they do it though?

Gavone;285343 said:

It's a bit rich when blokes from Hoppers get on the website and start sprouting on about paid players - they have been breaking the rules for years.

Gavone;285343 said:

It's a bit rich when blokes from Hoppers get on the website and start sprouting on about paid players - they have been breaking the rules for years.

ImpartialOnlooker;285392 said:
why people bother having a winge about paid players perplexes me... clearly noone at the VTCA really cares...

This has been an issue since the 80's....all the teams that have one multiple flags have been accused of this....some did some didn't.

It has always been known when clubs are paying more than 2 players...but proof is difficult to obtain.

Stop blaming the association..they can't do everything....maybe the complainers need to get involved and rectify the issue????

Geez....one player this year moved from one club to another for 5 figures plus.....if you can afford that good luck..

I'm with the Onlooker........get on with the cricket.......

ImpartialOnlooker;285392 said:
why people bother having a winge about paid players perplexes me... clearly noone at the VTCA really cares...

This has been an issue since the 80's....all the teams that have one multiple flags have been accused of this....some did some didn't.

It has always been known when clubs are paying more than 2 players...but proof is difficult to obtain.

Stop blaming the association..they can't do everything....maybe the complainers need to get involved and rectify the issue????

Geez....one player this year moved from one club to another for 5 figures plus.....if you can afford that good luck..

I'm with the Onlooker........get on with the cricket.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back